“Clean, Reasonable Hotel with great Breakfast!”

MedPlaya Hotel Regente
Ranked #42 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We went for a work leaving do to Benidorm with seven girls in total (one of which does not do less than 4*normally) we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel for the price we paid, it was clean and modern. the rooms were adequate, if a little tight with 3 people. Maid service daily. The beds were firm and new feeling. it is a 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes to the strip (main bar/club area). The pool was beautiful, I liked the rock pool jacuzzi detail. Plenty of sun beds although we would have welcomed more parasols. Breakfast was buffet style in the clean restaurant with good touches like alcohol gel on arrival which we noted a lot of people did not bother with (being nurses we did obviously!) a great selection, choice of cereals, omelette, boiled egg, fried egg, black pudding. plum tomatoes, bacon and proper sausages (not hot dogs) Although our holiday was lots of late nights there was still plenty of food available even though we were getting to breakfast just before it finished at 10am. There was also choice of juice - the orange was far better than I have tasted in some hotels, fresh and tinned fruit and pastry selection along with toast and sliced meat, yogurt and cheese. I recommend if you like a good strong brew in the morning to put two tea bags in as the tea was a bit weak otherwise. My only regret was they did not have any little rich tea type biscuits like a lot of hotels and we only saw pain Au chocolat once. The staff seemed friendly, however on the night one of our girls had a handbag stolen the night receptionist could have been more helpful and let us use the hotel phone rather than the payphone to report her stolen card to the bank. All in all a good hotel for the price and a great holiday. Have to add the posh bird who only does 4* had begrudgedly admitted it was a great hotel and she would stay there again!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Annem2602
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Dear Annem,

Your review is very much appreciated. I'm sure other Guests and potential Guests find all your comments very useful.
We sincerely hope your friend could cancel her card satisfactorily and that the stolen bag did not lead to major consequences.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our breakfasts that much! It's pleasing to see our Guests have great holidays.

If you'd like to come back or I can help you in any way, please let me know by emailing me to benidorm@medplaya.com

There are newer reviews for MedPlaya Hotel Regente

Reviewed 25 April 2011

We were greeted warmly at reception on arrival and this continued throughout our stay by all staff. Yes there was a barman who seemed to mutter a lot but when you took the time to speak to him he was pleasant. The rooms were clean, fresh towels every day and a built in drying screen on the balcony. No hairdryer in room but can be hired from reception. The beds were very comfortable. Lovely sun terrace and pool area. No need to get up early and put down towels as there were plenty sunbeds. I think this is because most of the guests were 50 plus (including myself)! The meals were excellent lots to choose from (I am very fussy) and the staff continually replaced any trays running low. Bottled water and ice cream was available in the dining room and from the bar all day for all inclusive guests. Drinks were two per person and again plenty to choose from. The entertainment was OK, free nightly bingo followed by a quiz, karaoke or an entertainer. There is a gate from the pool which takes you out opposite the Dynastic Hotel. We were with another couple and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There were lots of repeat guests and now I know why.

Room Tip: Not too far from the market
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank chris2452
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

Hello Chris2452,

Your comments are very much appreciated.
I'm glad to know you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Regente and found it, all in all, excellent.
I think you've applied for the Amigo Card, so just remember to bring it next time you come so that we can update and exchange your points.
If you need any help for your next booking, please, do not hesitate to contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Just got back yesterday from my 4 day henweekend at this hotel. I wad very impressed when I first arrived at this hotel reception was bright clean, rooms were nice and clean and the pool is fab too. The bar staff as in previous reviews are moody but if you keep at them enough you soon crack a smile, I'd hate to go at the end of season if they are like this in April!!!! The food there was plenty on choice but unfortunatly on the second night of our stay the was a really strong smell of sick outside reception which I thought nothing about until the early hours of the next morning when I has projectile vomiting and lose tummy which ruined the last two days of my hen weekend. When reported to the reception staff that a number of people had been poorly he was very rude and repeated no no no at us, and said he eats there every day and had no problem! You want my advice stear clear of chicken burgers at lunch time. It's a shame cos if they would actually listen and take on board that they are making people Ill and that their staff are rude and sorted it out then it would be a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank Emmaibbo
CustomerServiceMgr, Public Relations Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Dear Emmaibbo

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Regente in Benidorm.

We are very sorry to hear that you were unwell during your stay with us. The Hotel Regente follow very strict hygiene procedures which are controlled both internally and externally in an effort to minimise any spread of infection. Med Playa also work very closely with the Tour Operators in our hotels, and always recommend in the case of illness of any kind that our guests visit the doctor in order to obtain an accurate diagnosis and adequate treatment.

We sincerely hope that you are now fully recovered from your illness and that you have a fantastic wedding day!

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Room - basic and clean but as everyone says on here the walls are very thin but it didnt bother us too much
Food - good choice, cooked well
pool area - sunbeds very uncomfortable as plastic and behind is a main road with lots of cars and people passing but its not too bad, however there is a glass recycling bin there which gets annoying when you are trying to relax and glass keeps shattering but the hotel cannot do much about this as its not on their property.
bar staff - some of the bar staff were lovely and friendly and you could have a little chat with them and some banter, however in the daytime there was one particularly rude barman who so many people commented on - really was offputting
all inclusive - is available between 10 am and 12 midnight
Entertainment - was geared more for the older generation however they do make the effort to put something on every night and it was good fun
all in all for a cheaply priced holiday it was as you would expect it to be. I wont be returning but this isnt anything against the hotel its just that personally it wasnt my cup of tea. I would still recommend that you give it a try if you fancy a good priced break in the sun

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Wilsonels
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Hello reyson,

Thank you for your feedback. Our Guests' opinions are very valuable to us, and we take note on everything you say.
Maybe you'd like to check the Rio Park, as it's one of the most popular hotels in Benidorm between UK holidaymakers.
Thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I had an idea what to expect from this hotel has Id already been to the sister hotels Ruidor and Rio Park. Hotel very clean... food very good..a varied selection of hot and salads lots of fresh fruit..everyone agreed that the oranges were the sweetest and juiciest they had tasted tried to find a label with the variety on but couldnt......Entertainment o.k. .. we stayed in for the quiz everynight hosted by Mike a lovely Slovakian but was sometimes hard to understand the questions A varied age group at this hotel, mostly families a couple of groups of teenagers, who were no trouble, a couple of all male groups, one of which had a loud, agressive man and people either side of his room above and below complained about him, as the days went on he was quieter.. It was quite a walk from the main entertainment area but we all appreciated the peace. Large sundeck and pool area considering its a small hotel.... We would go back again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank camsreporter
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Hello camsreporter!

I see you are the original Med Playa loyal Guest, for sure an Amigo Card holder. Thank you very much for your comments and for recommending our hotel.
Just for you to know, the oranges we have are the Navelate variety, said to be the best one here in the Valencian Community, very well known for its citrus fruits. Hope you can find it over there! Otherwise, you're always welcome to come back ;-)

If you'd like to come back and need anything, please, email me to benidorm@medplaya.com

Reviewed 15 April 2011

just got back from a weeks stay at the Regente Benidorm!

we booked this holidat wednesday 3.30pm and got on the plan thurday 7am! £360 for a week we didnt know what to really expect as it was so last min! but when we arrived i was shocked!!

the hotel was so clean bright
there was a bit of confusion at the reception desk to who we were but think thats cause we booked so late 9reminder to self not to do that again!! but they gave us a room key to settle in and to return to the desk in 10 mins! went up to the room which was very clean and on the 8th floor! had lovely views of the mountains.

the food all week was brilliant never went hungry! which in hindsight maybe i should have! im meant to be on a diet! but pretty impossible on a all inclusive! food was different every day with the staple chips and veg. one thing i did love was there salad was cold!! this may sound weird but have been to hotel where its warm not nice!!

the location of the hotel was brilliant a short walk away from the beach which makes a lovely walk of a evening your local to the local strip of clubs and bars but far away to not hear it all!.. must say a walk up the beach (quick tip spanish people do not move out of the way!! so just square your shoulder and walk! they do!!) to old town benidorm us very nice! you get some lovely views up there!. hotel was a short walk from both indoor and outdoor markets! watch your bags at the market!

we went out of season the benidorm so we where the youngest at 23!! everyone else was lets say above 60!! they where very nice and had brilliant chats with them!

begining on the week we did have a load of spanish people there some were rude! but i suppose they can say that about us brits! then when they left some school trips came but i think with it being out of season this is where they got there money!

we stayed at the pool all week! pool was freezing but think cause it wasnt boiling out there! at the beach you pay 4 euro for a bed each and 4 euro for a umbrella keep your reciept as the guy will forget youve paid and tell you to get off!!

entertainment was ok! we didnt really stay in much but when we did we enjoyed the singers and the hotel quizzes!

in out room we had a flat screen tv which did have dodgy link to bbc news but perfect for sky and kids chanel which was perfect when getting ready!
we had a double room which was two singles together which was a bit annoying mid night when we shuffled and they serperated but having a single to your self was nice to have space and my own sheet and blanket!! i did read some reports that walls where think but i must admitt it didnt bother us!

must dos in benidorm is benidorm old town..
sticky vicky! (horrible but you gotta say youve seen her once!!)
opposite the regente back exit is a orange hotel called dynasty they have segways in the lobby we rented them 20euros for hour and half!! much fun! all the old people had scooters! so we attempted to race them one night! but they where no fun!! but segways is a must!!

so even though we was the youngest in the hotel was a lovely break we didnt want kids around and thats what we got we left just as the famlies arrived.! dont know what hotel will be like in summer but staff and hotel i can say is a big tick!

you must go to benidorm!! or as we told all our frinds COSTA BLANCA!! makes it sound a but better!! lol

have fun!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RealAliceBurke
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Dear RealAliceBurke,

My name is Paula, I'm Hotel Regente's Guest Relations.
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm sure they'll be helpful for most people that still haven't been to the Costa Blanca! ;-)

I'm glad to know you had fun in Benidorm and enjoyed staying at the Regente. Your recommendations are very much appreciated.
Hope to see you back soon! If you have any enquiries, please email me to benidorm@medplaya.com I'll be happy to answer as soon as possible.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights had a lovely stay spotlessly clean rooms and breakfast was lovely very happy with our visit also close to everything.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anncooperWales
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Hello Ann,

Thank you very much for your comments.
We're happy to know you enjoyed your stay and liked the Riudor and its breakfasts.
Hope to see you back soon. If I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com
Best regards,