“Excellent Hotel - do not believe it if told othterwise”
Review of Palm Beach Hotel

Palm Beach Hotel
Ranked #103 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Staffordshire
“Excellent Hotel - do not believe it if told othterwise”
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Just returned from Palm Beach on 2 August. This is an excellent 4 star plus hotel with the little touches included which make all the difference (including champagne at breakfast which I took advantage of most mornings!) The staff work extremely hard and are friendly and work very well under constant pressure from us tourists. Saleem and Daniel in the restaurant are really really nice genuine warm people, and made such a fuss of our five year old daughter Alex who absolutely relished the attention. She loved it and we looked forward to heading into the restaurant 3 times a day every day, it was a pleasure. Saleem and Daniel alone are a credit to the hotel and work incredibly hard and long hours. They were always extremely busy but always made time for us and our daughter. The tables were completely re-laid after every family who sat at them, including lots of cutlery and both water and wine glasses which was a job in itself going on the high numbers they consistently have to cater for. In fact all of the staff in the erestaurant were friendly, especially if you made the effort to be nice to them. We were full board and could not fault the service in the restaurant and the food. We specifically looked out for the variety of food as we had read before going that the food was "boring". This is a complete nonsense. The food was varied, hot, tasty and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. The only food we could think of that wasnot offered was lobster! and how often are you offered that any where any way. The seafood was excellent, we ate fresh giant prawns twice, all varieties of fish and every type of meat you could think of. Large fluffy bath sheets are provided upon request from reception for a 5 euro deposit each towel (we even were given new ones once straight out of the packaging!) and you exchange them every evening at reception and receive fresh ones to use for either the pool or at the beach. Your money is refunded for them when you hand in your receipt at the end of the holiday. We were there for 10 nights and the white towels in the room were changed every day. The sheets on the bed were changed twice during the stay. Reception staff very friendly and could not do enough for you. Tickets for the separate buses for the beach or into the Old Town were available from receiption without problem and the info on times and where to catch them was provided. Only drawback I can possibly think of is that is is a hotel that caters for all nationalities (which I prefer to your Thomson exclusive where it is all british people - you may as well be in Blackpool with the sun shining) - therefore loads of locals who are quite brash, loud and tend to take over, but hey - you are in Spain, you really should expect this - you are a visitor in their country. If you don't like it, then don't go to Spain!. Overall could not fault this hotel, it caters for everyone and provides all things in a fashion (even a kids club where the spanish lady who ran it was an extremely kind and gentle person - although the security is not like it is in England - you have to be responsible for your own child, which you should be any way!) Would we go back again? If we had the opportunity, try and stop us! Well done Palm Beach Hotel our family personally loved you/it all!

4 Thank van93y
RRHH, Javier García at Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2009
Hello "Van93y",

Thank you very much, about your nice words. Thousend thanks, for give us the opportunity to make your stay betwen us lovely. You can be sure, I am going to traslate all your comments, to the staff. And we hope, you will got a nice winter.

Thank very much, and from Saleem, and Daniel, say hello to you daughter...

Thanks
Submanager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Hi,
We're just back from Palm beach Benidorm.
It is so not a four star, more like a 2.5/3 star! I stayed at better 3 stars!
If you have already booked, remember that the bus to the beach is a red ticket(from reception) and it only runs every half hour till 2pm, then none till 5pm.
The rooms are ok, the air con was not cold enough in that weather (33degrees).
The lifts are roasting! When we went down for dinner one evening, a bunch of spanish kids pressed every one of the buttons in the lift! There are only 3 small lifts, people who are at the lower floors (1st, 2nd) dont walk it, they use the lift, so you stop at nearly every level in the roasting lift! (its not too bad to walk down from 10th floor when the lifts are busy.
The food was not 4 star! "big choice"? no, i didn't think so, maybe for people who go on holiday for the first time.
This is my first time in Benidorm, and my last. We went to Levante beach, eughh, it looked nice enough, until you actually go in for a swim! we all got cuts on our feet(all eight of us), not really bad cuts except for me, i scrapped my ankle on the moss covered rocks, and it has swollen up, it is a dirty beach, there were also sanitary towels floating about, we only seen 2, but that was enough!
One more thing, don't change your money in the shop next to subway, it is a currency exchange shop, but when i changed £200, i asked the girl, is it 1.15 euros? she said, "same as the board", ok, the board says 1.15 euros, i give her the money, then, i ask again, and she says the same thing again! then she gives me my money, there is only 190 euros, i ask her, there is money short, then she points to a small board next to the window, saying 1.15 for money £600 and over! i asked for my money back, and she taps the window on to another sigh saying "no money refunded"while i was walking out, a man was going in, i said to him not to change there, and he said, he already has, and that she shortchanged him, so i told him that you only get .95 if you change under £600. He was mad, but there was nothing he could do!
I didn't enjoy it, but there are a alot of people who do, so check out all you info, and have a good holiday!

1 Thank malima8
RRHH, Javíer García at Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2009
Dear "malima8"

Many sorry,that we have not cover your needs. That children, pressed the buttons on the lifts, and that the people of the firsts floors take the lift is another matter, not relevant to the service we have offered. However, I apologise on behalf of all staff of Hotel Palm Beach. We also regret, Benidorm has let you. Benidorm, offers a wide range of possibilities, to enjoy. I regret that the tourist destination in Benidorm, you have not liked.

Thank you very much, for your comments, and sorry about your experience in Benidorm

Submanager

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

England
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Just come back from a week at this hotel with my wife and two daughters. Lovely clean hotel, brilliant retaurant with a great selection that you would be hard pressed not to enjoy. The staff were very friendly and helpful (but see below) and the kids loved the day and evening entertainment. The guys running the entertainment were exceptionally good. Pool area is very nice with fun games for adults and children arranged by the staff. Great atmosphere. Some reviewers talk about the hill walk from the beach to the hotel, but it didn't bother us.

On the downside, our room was very small and the view was on to the green flat roof above the impressive entrance lobby, so we didn't use the balcony. There is a small gym, though it is very primitive. A bunch of guys on a stag weekend arrived just before we left and their nude antics (flashing from their balconies overlooking the bar and pool areas - our kids saw them first and pointed it out to me) were not dealt with very well by the staff at all who were more intent on telling me not to get upset than they were telling these guys their behaviour was not acceptable. In fact, my daughters complained directly to the receptioon staff who didn't take them seriously at all until I made a fuss myself. This one event spoiled what until them was a great holiday in a very nice hotel. Were it not for this event, I would have given them full marks for service. I did not recieve any communication from the staff telling me what action they were taking to ensure this didn't happen again, even though I asked for them to do so. It's left me thinking that families visitng this hotel take a big risk, because it seems easy for this kind of thing to happen as there is evidently no policy or set of procedures to deal with it.

2 Thank Familyguy39
RRHH, Submanager at Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2009
First of all, show you, our sincere apologies, from heart. We failed to you, when at that time you needed us. I regret that we did not as you expected. Also,I am a father and understand your feelings; it is truth that I am sorry. From all staff as Hotel Palm Beach, many sorry. Also, thank you very much, for the time devoted to comment your experience. Truth, also to mention thanks what if you liked, has been very kind. (sorry about my english)

Many thanks and sorry again

yorkshire
Reviewed 27 July 2009

i i stayed at the palm beach from the 18th of july to 25th of july and the food was crap same thing morning after morning no change the evening meal was no better chicken 4 days out of the week i,ve had better at a 3 star hotel in benidom

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
staffs
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the palm beach hotel Benidorm it is the best hotel i have stayed in in spain, and i have stayed in quite a lot, couldent fault it at all, the beach is a walk away but was worth it to stay in such a great hotel nothing was too much trouble and imaculatly clean, the food was fantastic and always hot, well done! to all the staff at the palm beach.

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank gordonstaffs
loch lomond
Reviewed 21 July 2009

had a good holiday,all of the food was edible but sauces and soup were rather thin and watery. the hill is quite steep if you go up calle paris,we found it easier to go up calle vienna and calle oslo.during the day theres a gate at the corner of c .v and c.o which leads to the pool side bar.the carpet in the corridor we were on is soiled.the safe deposit boxes are in a seperate room to the right of reception. the fridge in our room was small but clean and cold.

petey82
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Travelled to Benidorm for 3 nights staying at the Palm Beach. Had never been to benidorm but had heard lots of bad things so had kind of put me off going, but to say I was completly surprised. The Palm Beach hotel was lovely, had a room on the 9th floor, the room was spotless, very clean and lovely view of Benidorm and the pool from the Balcony. The Food was amazing, stayed on a half board basis and there was just so much to choose from, I believe it would cater for anyone tastes.
The Staff were polite, reception area impressive, never used the indoor swimming pool as there was signs saying you must wear a bathing hat?? The outdoor pool though was lovely, warm and clean and even on a busy day managed to get a sun bed.
The hotel was in easy walking distance of the shops, bars, resturants and the beach only thing I would say it would not really be suitable for the less able because it was a walk up hill when returning to the hotel. Overall I throughly enjoyed my stay and did not want to go home, I would only say 2 bad minor things about the hotel which were that there was only 3 lifts

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank petey82
RRHH, Submanager at Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2009
Dear guests,
It's always a pleasure to learn from your comments that what we have been doing for your holidays has been worthy. Thank you for the time you dedicated to write these encouraging words.
Have a nice summer!