“never go back there”

Hotel Ambassador Playa I & II
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 22 August 2011

only home from ambassador on 18th august 2011
on arrival recption staff ws as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike
food was terrible
trying 2 get a sunbed after 8 30am was near impossible
cleaning staff were about the only friendly staff in hotel
rooms were cleaned every day spotless in that respect
great location for nitelife plenty of pubs handy to hotel

1  Thank mick89

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed as a family of 3. Rooms not very big 4 the 3 of us but didnt worry due 2 the lack of time we would be spending in it.
The food was lovely and hot at all meal times.Drink prices were abit on the dear side 1.30 euros 4 a small water and 2.40 euros 4 larger.
We found ourselves going over the road 2 john and josephs 4 a euro a pint or at the back of the hotel is uncle peds where you can get a budweiser 4 a euro.
I wasnt going 2 mention the pool due 2 the other reviews but feel the need 2 tell you how we found it. Well where do i start!!!! not enough sunbeds 4 the amount of people staying there. pool size 2 small and was full of teenagers and children with waterguns finding it so so funny 2 walk around and squirt you whilst sunbathing or relaxing having a drink of my water i got from the shop due 2 the hotels prices.
All in all we would go back 2 this hotel but not in peak season.

Room Tip: Pool veiw rooms can be noisey due 2 john and josephs being open 24 hours
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank karenRotherham
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We are 2 couples and stayed at Ambassador for a second time in July for 2 weeks, the hotel was again fantastic, rooms were immaculate, towels changed every day and beds every 3 days. Kids were bit noisy slamming doors and running through hotel corridors, but thats teenagers with no respect. Food was plenty and hot never had a bad meal the whole stay, though I would say to anyone staying there, please use the tongs for picking the food, especially the bread and rolls in the morning, not everyone washes hands regularly and this was a bit off putting. The staff were all brilliant, especially Nicoletta and Stephanie in the dining room, they were lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and when I'm back in Benidorm I will stay here again.
The downside of this hotel is the sunbeds, ou cannot get a sunbed before 8.30am, if you don't go down for then you are struggling to get a bed and no chance of getting a parasol, if you do go down at this time it is like something from Its a Knockout trying to get a bed in a good spot.
All in all we laughed at the bed situation loved the hotel and aaplaud the staff and all the hard work they do.

Room Tip: If you're not fussed for noise then rooms 229, 230 etc are good and you can watch entertainment...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Koolcaz
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Just returned from our second stay at the Ambassador Playa II 15.8.11 - 19.8.11, this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and these are the reasons why:

Firstly.....Excellent food, a wide range of English and Spanish food with no shortage of choice or quantity (try the Merluza !!).

Secondly.....Superbly friendly staff, courteous reception staff, waiters and the bar / restaurant staff who always greeted with a smile and a "Hello", if you came back with a "Hello" that was fine, but come back with a "Buenos dias" or even "Buenos dias, ¿cómo esta?" and you would make a friend. The Spanish love it when you make an effort, and as a student of Spanish I used my time well to practice, I was gently guided and corrected politely where I went wrong (and that was quite a bit!).

Thirdly.....entertainment, although not always brilliant I cannot see the need to insult it, one reviewer stated that "Tony the compére" couldn't sing or play the guitar??, well he can do both very well and was entertainment in himself between acts (NB: it's compére, not compare, that's where you go for car insurance isn't it 8-)). Charlie Joss was there from Argentina, as a Queen Tribute, and he was not there to emulate the late, great Freddie Mercury, but to simply sing some of the best Queen hits, he was not fantastic but was overall quite entertaining. I do feel sorry for the ignoramus behind me who shouted "Go Home" when Charlie asked "Any Requests?", but then again there's always one isn't there?.

I do concur with the comments about the "Sunbed Shuffle", which I intended to film on my iPhone and post it to YouTube against the theme "Yaketty Sax" as the whole chirade was like the end credits to a Benny Hill show, but these people are more to be pitied than scorned I think.

Fourthly.....the weather, I have never known it so hot, regularly 30+ celsius or 90+ in old money !, a couple of visits to the Levante Beach and I brought back home the customary injury on the rocks, one reviewer advises about these and its a review to take heed of as I slashed open my thumb when I decided to slip on a wobbly rock, firing my flip-flops in two different directions as I put my hand on something very sharp to break my fall 8-).

Would I go back ?? - you betcha !!, loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BigSequin
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Just back on the 7th from another great holiday staying at the Ambassador Playa . Brilliant hotel. Staff great from the cleaners who never pass you without a hola to the waiters & waitresses who are a pleasure to deal with especially Pasquale the manager of the Restaurant. The only downside was the acts that where on it seems if it has went downhill. Maybe not enough good acts outside of the clubs. Mathew & son where on in the hotel and honestly they where an embarressment . The acts for the kids is ok with the birds , snakes , and games . But overall another great holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank steviel
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Got back on the 16th August from a week in the Ambassador Playa Hotel. This been my 5th visit to Benidorm but the first time in this hotel we couldnt fault it. Been a very picky eater i didnt struggle to find something to each each morning and each evening. As for people saying they had to be up at some ridiculas hour to claim a sunbed by the pool i have no idea what they are talking about, we set our alarm for 9am every morning and got 2 sunbeds in a decent spot every time we required one. The hotel staff we're lovely especially in the restaurant when we arrived at 9pm and asked if we still had time to eat they couldnt have been more welcoming and helpful, also the reception staff we're accomodating when we requested extra pillows. The room was cleaned every single day with fresh towels aswell. I will definitely be recommending this hotel and will definitely be returning myself, we had nothing but a brilliant time and a wonderful stay...

4  Thank The_Robins
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Very good hotel, nice and clean, food very good, quieter than i thought it would be considering its right in the middle of Benidorm. THE rooms were kept very clean, I didn't know till the end of our holiday that you could hire a fridge, as i said the food was very good, the only thing is the drinks in the restaurant were quite expensive. THE pool was ok , but very hard to get a sunbed. Air conditioning was very good in the rooms.

1  Thank SHYSCOT