“Winter sunshine in comfort”
Review of Riviera Beachotel

Riviera Beachotel
Ranked #2 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed yet again at the Riviera Beachotel and things just get better. The staff go out of their way to be helpful in particular Teo who keeps the drinks flowing with a smile. Hopefully I shall continue to stay at this hotel for many years to come.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors have walk in showers and those on the upper floors have bath/shower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank grahamhaynes
There are newer reviews for Riviera Beachotel

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week in November, everything about this hotel is fantastic, the beautiful decor, the bedrooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The food is 1st class. and the staff are so helpful. One of the highlights was our bingo caller what a character, and does a great dance routine to the clapping tune. Will be going back in may.

Room Tip: a corner suite is a good
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cynthia w
Reviewed 18 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here for five nights two weeks before Christmas 2012... We thought it was great the food was fantastic and hot, the staff extremely helpful, the room we had was on the 4th floor, modern and very clean oh and very QUIET !!! There was free wi fi in the room which i thought was a great touch.
WE WILL MOST DEFINATELY GO BACK !

2  Thank Malc T
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We have just returned from a 3 day stay at the Riviera Beach.This hotels is 4 star plus the only thing I can say is excellent in all aspects of the hotel. This is the best hotel I have stayed in for a very long time and will definitely be returning

Room Tip: Any room they are all very well positioned
2  Thank David1604
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I’ve just returned from 3 nights at Riviera – my third stay there this year. There’s not much to add to my previous reviews - so please have a look at them - but would like to comment that the standards, quality and service at the hotel remain very high. The food was really good, hot and replenished constantly.

We were absolutely thrilled by the surprise delivery of a bottle bubbly & letter on the first evening to welcome us as repeat customers, and that many staff remembered us (and even what wine we drank!)

The hotel continues to offer excellent value for money for those people who are looking for something just that little bit more classy, but who still want to be on the door-step of everything Benidorm has to offer. I can’t wait until I’m back there in April.

5  Thank Scoundy_UK
Reviewed 15 December 2012

As this hotel was number One in Tripadvisor I had big expectations as I normally stay at The Pueblo. On arrival I was greeted by a very helpful and pleasant receptionist, good start. I had requested a low floor and walk-in-shower again granted. But what I did notice initially in reception it is a pretty small area and no comfy chairs to sit in.

Up to the room, a decent sized room, laminated flooring, fridge, flat screen television with BBC1, ITV1, Sky News and a CBS channel. My balcony looked over to the main street where Uncle Peds is, wasn't bothered by traffic noise.
There is free wi-fi in the room but it did log me off in a short period of time and the connection was a little intermittent at times.

To use the safe in your room (a digital safe) there is a charge of 3 euro's a day or 15 euro's a week.

The bed I found very comfortable and think they were Memory Foam and a foam topper as well, also no duvets but nice warm blankets.

Right then, all the above very good but the food? Before I did my review I have had a look back on earlier reviews and there is definitely an issue.

I found a lot of the meat tough, what could seem strange was their translation of something! For instance one day on the menu was 'Cow's Cheek' and Shark, the Shark was Swordfish. As another reviewer has mentioned the cuts of meat were not good, one day a stew but the meat (not sure what it was) it was bone with a little meat! Plenty of chips, one day some sliced potatoes that were quite nice.

I was on full board and found the lunch menu better than the evening meal, it was odd has there was homemade soup on at lunch time and come the evening meal it was packet soups.

The Breakfast: This started at 8am until 10am, they did have on fresh Orange juice squeezed freshly, The hot breakfast was streaky bacon, fried eggs, scrambled, boiled, tinned mushrooms, tomatoes, beans,sausage (not brilliant) I missed 3 dinners and 2 breakfast's, My final evening meal there was Roast beef on, but again I found it tough, cottage/shepherd's pie. I prefer to eat more Spanish food so unfortunately for me the food was a big let down. It's a shame as the restaurant staff I liked and they were friendly. For me this hotel would be ok on just B&B or room only as the hotel is lovely and fresh.

One other thing the landings are not carpeted and I was woken by people and their noisy shoes! Oh and when you use the lifts you need your room card to activate the lift to work.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Kitteecatz
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We took the shuttle bus from the airport into Benidorm and by the time we got towards our hotel I was feeling pretty scared ... we dropped off people at some dodgy looking places! Thank goodness we choose the Riviera! From outside it is clean and modern with a lovely seating area to the front, stylish architecture and welcoming lighting.

Once inside the reception is ultra modern with lime green décor, plenty of space and glass fixtures and fittings. The Polish receptionist was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient ... a great start to any holiday.

Our bedroom overlooked the pool, as we'd requested and, again, was ultra modern. The bathroom, in particular, was fabulous with an oversized shower cubicle, loo, bidet and built in basin. The room was as spacious as you would ever need with room for double wardrobe with mirrors, 2 bedside cabinets, twin beds, 2 chairs, dressing table and concealed fridge. Double doors lead out onto a small private balcony. Everything is well lit with wall and spot lights. Perhaps the only downside for we Brits is the lack of a kettle but we always take our own anyway.

Food at the Riviera is just fantastic, too... excellent quality and served hot. The staff are constantly refilling the Bain marries even late into service. The waiters are attentive, serving drinks, bringing whatever you may need and clear away used plates very quickly.

The hotel is located 2 streets back from the beach and is close to bars and entertainment, although the hotel has it's own lovely bar. However, there is no noise either from the street/bars nor from other guest rooms.

All in all a brilliant place to stay.

2  Thank angieinwonderland