“Half term holiday”

Ranked #5 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here 11th-18th Feb, paid for a sea view,well worth it,weather was warm and sunny,on the beach every day, it got very chilly in the evening but the hotel was warm, food excellent, we went half board and could choose to have either lunch or dinner depending on our plans for the day.
All meals are buffet with a huge range, the beach is across the road and the old town 5 mins stroll away,we had a great time.
My only quibble was the room we were first allocated, room 512, it did have a sea view but was very small and didnt even have anywhere to put our luggage, there was no way we could have stayed in there for a week, overnight maybe. We were quickly offered an alternative by helpful staff on reception which matched the room description we were expecting from the website. I think 512 is a single room with twin beds in it! It could have ruined our holiday.
I would definitely stay here again, Benidorm is a great place to get a bit of winter sunshine and this hotel is a great place to stay in.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view
1  Thank FazzaMP
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing about your half term holiday at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar in early February. Sorry it has taken time to respond, we are extremely busy at the hotel.

It's nice to hear that you went onto the beach and enjoyed some winter sunshine whilst you were here, it has been cold in the evenings but as you say the hotel is nice and warm.

I have let our head chef know you thought his food was excellent, he had his cheshire cat smile on when I told him. It really is good for the staff to have poositive feedback. Thank You.

We have various room types in the hotel and 512 is not a single, howvever I am pleased the room change was to your liking and that you had a great stay.

Once again my sincere thanks for sharing your thoughts and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon,

Hotel RH Corona del Mar

Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at the Corona Del Mar 7th-14th February. As said in numerous previous reviews, the hotel is clean, friendly and comfortable. We paid for a sea view having read reviews prior to booking. I was very pleased we did. It was quite cool walking around as the weather was colder than usual for this time if year. The angle of the balconies meant that even when it was windy it was a little sun trap. I still came home with a little tan! I feel I must mention the food. We were full board. Although I can't really say there was anything wrong with the quality of the food, it did get repetitive, especially if you had lunch and dinner. I feel the selection of vegetables and type of potato dish was lacking in variety. There was chips with every meal and occasionally another type of potato for those who were 'chipped' out!
As dinner didn't start until 7.30pm everyone seemed to arrive together. This caused a lot of queuing as the buffet area is quite small compared with other hotels of a similar size.
The room was cleaned every day by Maria, who was friendly and polite, like all the other staff we encountered in the hotel.
I would definately stay here again, but would consider half board and eat out at lunch time and the occasional evening. The location is very good. A short walk to the old town and through to the Levante beach side. The Poniente side was very quiet and most of the bars closed, due to the time of year,but I am sure in the height of the season it must get very busy.

This was our first trip to Benidorm and we would definately go again at this time of year.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
1  Thank MusicalBabby

Dear Musical Babby,
Good Afternoon form a bright abd sunny spring day in Benidorm. I must apologise for not responding sooner, it has been a busy few days.

So many of our guests like to read the reviews on Tripadvisor and as you say much of the content is spot on with relation to the food, rooms and location.

I am very pleased that you managed to catch some of our beautiful sunshine in your little sun trap looking out onto the sea view, before you headed back to the UK. I am pleased you thought that the extra cost was worth paying.

I have already passed on your comments to the team and for them it is a great boost to be praised for their hard work, so Thank You.

I certainly hope you can come back to stay with us and it ws our pleasure having you in the hotel. Thank you for choosing RH Corona del Mar

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the corona for one week from the 14th to 21st of February.
The weather was not perfect at the start but the hotel was. All the staff were friendly and warm and welcoming, and I mean all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was excellent every day . We even had a very smart waiter deliver a bottle of champagne for my wifes birthday which was a lovely touch and we really appreciated it.
In fact all the spanish people we came in contact with in Benidorm were very friendly and welcoming.
The only blip was the final breakfast before we flew home.There were quite a few guests who had booked an early breakfast. We did not expect a cooked breakfast but we were struggling to find anything to sustain us, apart from one loaf of bread.
Would we stay here again. Oh god yes,every time.
All of you at the Corona should be very proud of yourselves, Thank you very much

Room Tip: Book sea view rooms,well worth it
4  Thank gazzarooni
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Mr Blackpool!
Good morning from sunny Benidorm. I am really delighted with your review.

Firstly the weather, I agree very cold for a few days, if only we could controll it!

All our guests are very happy with the service at the Hotel, the staff are all indeed, welcoming and friendly.

I am pleased that your wife enjoyed her birthday treat and the sparkling cava we delivered to your room. I think the Barman you are referring to was Joaquin. I will pass on your comments to him and to all the staff, who will be delighted with your kind words. Thank You.

I have made a note about the breakfast and we will review this today.

I am very proud of all the staff and their dedication to you our guests. Equally it is very important for us that you have a great stay and feel encouraged to write and share your experience with fellow travellers. So Thank You too.

Hoping to see you again in the near future,

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Lovely hotel with good food and in a great location. Worth paying extra for a sea-view, especially in winter when sea view balconies have full sun all day. A nice touch on Valentine's day when all females were given a carnation and every guest over 18 was given a glass of sparkling wine

Room Tip: Sea- view rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Glesni1
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest from Brecon,
Good Morning from Benidorm and a great start to the week, thanks to your recent review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

The Hotel is in a great location and more and more guests who come to Benidorm like the location very much too, close to the Old Town and the shops, bars, restaurants etc...

I am very pleased that you enjoyed Valentine's at the Hotel, and the fact we gave all the ladies a flower and sparkling Cava for all. It was greatly appreciated by guests and looked fabulous on entering the restaurant.

Thank You for taking time to write about your stay and sharing your story with fellow travellers, it is very important to us to have feedback.

We hope that one day you we can welcome you back to the hotel, until then I send you my

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Returned yesterday after a lovely relaxing week at this hotel. The hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms are very comfortable and the staff very pleasant (which makes a change). Convenient location for the old town which has numerous tapas bars and great shops but the little cobbled streets tend to get very crowded with locals who don,t really seem to like us Brits invading their territory. I was pushed and shoved numerous times!
The view from our balcony was fabulous and I highly recomend you pay the extra for a sea-view room - you won,t regret it. The only negative (in my opinion), was the food. Some days the choices were fabulous, roast lamb, fresh fish, pork steaks etc etc and lots of lovely fresh salads. Mostly though, I found it to be very bland, tasteless and nearly always cold. There was a microwave available to heat the food but there was always a queue to use it so that speaks for itself really! We were full board but only went for breakfast twice, lunch 4 times and evening meal 4 times.
Would I stay at this hotel again? Probably not but this is not a reflection on the hotel as much as the location. To sum up, lovely clean, friendly hotel with okish food. Liked the old town but not the locals as they are very abrupt. After 5 years running to Benidorm, I think we will be giving it a miss for a while as it seems to have gone down hill (especially the Levante area - new town) such a shame! Not helped by the weather being so cold (1-10 degrees brrr).

Room Tip: Pay the extra for seaview room, sun on balcony all day.
3  Thank Pamela H
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Guest,
I send my sincere thanks for your review of the Hotel Corona del Mar.

You have duly noted the cleanliness, comfortable rooms and friendly staff, that in your case appear to make a pleasant change. All our staff are very friendly and helpful and we are always pleased to hear that guests appreciate it.

As far as location goes, yes it is very close to the Old Town, shops, bars and restaurants.

I am pleased you enjoyed the wonderful sea views and that paying the small supplement was worth it for you. It really is a pleasure to look out over the Med.

I have taken note of the food, although our recent scores of client satisfaction on this subject are very high. You do say choices were fabulous and lovely fresh salads, so I am assuming your did in fact enjoy some dishes.

I am sorry to hear you think Benidorm is going downhill and the locals don't like Brits invading their territory, but I honestly think locals embrace tourists. Maybe we are a little loud and boisterous but that is our culture.

Wherever your future travels take you, I hope you find what you are looking for and I Thank You once again for contributing your opinion,

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed in the Corona Del Mar for four nights in February. The hotel is spotless, the staff are friendly and the food is good and plentiful. The rooms are spacious and modern, but sea views are more expensive. You have to humour the bar staff a little bit, but they do a good job too. The weather was cool so no swimming in the pool. However, you're only two minutes from the seafront at Poniente Beach and the new promenade for brisk walks in the spring sunshine. BBC, ITV and Sky News on the TV. a small indoor pool is available and some gym equipment. Entertainment suited the more senior guests, which were in the majority. Perfect location for public transport to the airport. Tip: Take the C6 bus from Alicante airport (20 mins) into the city bus station. Then take the hourly bus to Benidorm (50 mins). This bus drops you on Av. Jaime I, the street the hotel is on. The direct bus from the airport leaves you a long way away on Av. Europa or the bus station, and you'll have to get a taxi to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank TravellerJohn
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Good Morning John in Dublin
I am very pleased you took the time to write a review, after your recent stay at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

One of the most noted comments we have in with regard to the cleanliness and we are very proud of our Housekeeper and her team.

Rooms are modern as you say spacious and bright. Sea vierw have a small supplement well worth the extra. The English channels have proved very popular over the last few months and great for keeping up with your news and favourite channels.

We do have a small indoor pool, whcih is great at this time of year when we experience cool temperatures, along with the gym for those who wish to keep fit. We have a range of entertainment at the hotel, which is for all ages and recent changes to acts has proved very popular.

Good tip for transport from the Airport, there is always the coach transfer companies too that provide door to door service for a very good rate.

I will share your review with all the staff at the Hotel today and I Thank You once again for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community,

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel last November and I must say it was such a a good holiday that we have just booked again for this November. It was nice to be able to talk to the managrer direct. Our room was 504, great views.Staff were most efficient and very pleasant .Our only complaint was nothing to do with hotel. just that we had the misfortune of a bowl of washing water fall on us both from the balconyof an apartment across the road as we were walking by. Well every thing can't be perfect . The Baker, Nottingham

Room Tip: Sea View, high floor, well worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NottinghamBaker
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Baker from Notts,
Thank you for your recent review of our "lovely hotel" the RH Corona del Mar.

I am really happy that you have booked to return in November, we look forward to welcoming you back. There is nothing I like more than chatting with guests and thank you for taking time to talk with me too.

I think you were most unfortunate to have a bowl of washing water fall on you, I sounds like something off one of those TV programmes. I would imagine at the time is was a shock but as you say not everything in life can be perfect, I think you must smile about it now! if you walk past in November, please take your umbrella!! (just in case)

Well it seems like a long way off November, but here we are in February already, time passes so quickly.

I will share you review with all the staff today, they love to have feedback from guests. Once again sincere thanks for sharing you experience with the Tripadvisor community,

Hasta Pronto