“thanks to all the staff at the corona del mar”

Ranked #4 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Northwich, United Kingdom
“thanks to all the staff at the corona del mar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

What a wonderful hotel ,From arriving on the 21st January to leaving on the 18th february and traveling solo i was made to feel so welcome and at home.The impressions on entering the hotel was the squeeky clean cleanliness ,the smiling reception staff ,the help i had to get my cases up to my room ,the joy of how spotless my room was and how it felt cosy and safe was something i will always remember and want to visit again,Even in the dining room we were met with a smile and the staff worked so hard to make sure we were all looked after ,never did anyone sit down to a soiled table cloth ,the staff changing them as soon as someone left, The food was plentiful and a good selection ,On valentines day we were given a carnation and a glass of champayne which really touched me and brought a tear or too ,Thankyou, also thankyou to the maid who kept my bedrooom clean and tidy who also was always happy and singing
th

Room Tip: I was facing the avenue but the double glazing cut all the noise out
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank splash635
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Splash!,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a "wonderful holiday".

It's the fist time I can remember us being called "squeeky clean", but yes it's true and I like the label!

One thing you have mentioned which has really touched me, is that you felt safe, warm and cosy and that is very reassuring for single travellers. It's also great for us to hear that. Thank you.

All our staff are friendly and smiling and I know they will be just as pleased as me when I read your review to them. Quite a number of guests have noted the flower and cava on Valentine's day, it proved to be very popular.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to your home from home in the near future and thank you for your time on writing about your holiday with us.

Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Province of Alicante, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. We had asked for a seaview room which admittedly we were given but as it was on the 1st floor the view was very limited. We were offered a change to 4th floor the following day but as we were only there for 3 nights did not bother. As they were unable to accommodate us immediately they send a bottle of champagne to the room with apologies. All the staff on reception desk were very helpful and friendly. The majority of the restaurant staff were also friendly and cheerful. The food was ok but not exceptional and for a 4 star hotel I would have expected fresh orange juice with breakfast and freshly made coffee however the fruit juice was orange drink (probably made from powder) and coffee from a pre-select machine. We were intending to make use of the sauna however when we realised they were segregated we did not bother. The beds seemed exceptionally hard and tea/coffee making facilities would have been a bonus. We were able to park the car in the street behind the hotel therefore avoiding the hotel parking fees, not sure it would be so easy in the summer months. Well located hotel and despite the negative comments it is good value for money and I would come here again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a seaview but ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kerryhills1
Hello Alison,
Thank you for your recent review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I understand that we can't all feel the same about a hotel and for each person there are pro's and con's. I am however pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, the hotel in a good location , good value for money and that you would return.

Our car parking prices at the moment in low season are reduced and are very reasonable when you compare them with blue zone parking in the area. As you say if you can find street parking better still as this is free and I can understand this for passengers on a budget, it's a good tip. There are though those who prefer to have their car in a safe place and use the hotel's facilities.

We have a number of food scores that we review, our in house ones, along with tour operators. All are currently very good as are comments on this review site. I do accept though this is your opinion. I would mention also that the orange juice is not made from powder, also we have many other choices of juices, pineapple, peach, grapefruit, etc.. We do our very best to offer a wide variety of quality produce and as you have mentioned "value for money".

Generally guests find the beds to be comfortable, again this is very much down to personal choice.

Thanks again for your time in sharing your opinion,

Hotel RH Corone del Mar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Last week was our first ever visit to Benidorm. We went in the hope of getting some sun and chose the Corona del Mar because of its location close to the beach. The sun shone throughout our stay and we were very impressed with the Corona Del Mar.

From the moment you enter the hotel you can see and smell why the place wins hygiene awards - it is sparkling and spotless throughout. The cleaners kept our room to a great standard and the same applied to the staff in dining room and bar.

Despite being a fussy eater I found the choice and quality of food to be very, very good indeed. The buffet was always fresh no matter what time we went for our meal. The waitresses were efficient, attentive and friendly. Well done to the chef and his whole team.

The availability of English papers to read in the bar and English channels on the tv are two of those touches that give the hotel that home from home feel.

My only disappointment was that we were unable to get a room at the front of the hotel despite booking 8 months in advance and offering to pay the additional charge for the sea view we were unable to get anything other than a room at the back. Our room was quiet as we had requested but I just feel it would have been the icing on the cake to have a sea view. I think the problem was I did not request this early enough and I would advise in favour of doing this especially as the hotel was busy even in February.

I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the Corona del Mar. Thank you

Room Tip: Sea view rooms get more sun and a much better view
5 Thank Bmena
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Bmena,
For a first time visitor to Benidorm it's great to hear that you had such an impressive holiday here at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

You have noted that we have the EMAS certificate, the first 4* hotel in the Valencian community to gain the award for hygiene excellence. We are very proud of this achievement.

The Hotel really is a home from home, with very good food, English papers to read at the bar, top UK TV channels and comfortable rooms.

All the staff were very pleased to hear your review. It is nice to be able to read these reviews to the team, they get a great sense of worth form them and know that all the work that goes on behind the scenes is noted and appreciated. Thank You.

Although booking in advance and requesting a sea view, it does not guarantee it, so really to guarantee a sea view it is best to pay the supplement, many readers have commented that it is worth the little extra and the icing on the cake! The hotel has a very good occupancy even in the winter season, so it can help avoid dissappointment.

My sincere thanks for your review and I hope your first trip to Benidorm wasn't your last...

Marta Gomez- Manager

Siauliai, Lithuania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Our family (two adults and two daughters) just come back from a week at the Corona del Mar and thoroughly enjoyed it - beautifully clean and very friendly staff.Lovely hotel with good food and in a great location.Thank you for a good holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ernestas B
Dear Ernestas,
Good Morning from a bright and sunny day in Benidorm. This is the first review we have had from Lithuania and I am very impressed, Thank You.

We are all pleased to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your holiday here at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar. Good food and location, along with very friendly staff all help to make a great holiday and that is what we are here for. Thank You for choosing to stay with us, it was our pleasure serving you in the hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed this hotel march last year food good staff friendly position excellent very helpful staff was put in a room on 3rd floor which didn't have a good view very kindly swapped us to an higher floor the next morning like it that much booked this hotel again this November will be joining my dad better known as the Nottingham baker

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank dianeNotts
Hello Dianne,
Daughter of the Nottingham Baker! That's a good thing right?

Thank You Diane for writing a review and I am really pleased that after being here in March last year, you have booked to return with your Dad. As you say the Hotel is in a great location, good food, excellent staff all make this a great place to stay.

We look foward to welcoming you back,

Hasta Noviembre!

glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just back from 2 weeks stay at this hotel. At check in, we were allocated a room on the first floor despite having asked our tour operator for a high floor. They had not passed this request on to the hotel. Reception staff were brilliant and quickly changed our room to one on the fourth floor. The room was spacious and had a fabulous sea view as well as sunshine on the balcony all day. Our maid was very cheerful, always singing, and kept the room spotless.
Food was buffet style and because of this, was not always warm. There was always a good selection. Dining room staff were friendly and very hard working.
Bar prices in the hotel were very reasonable and the waiters very efficient.
There are no outdoor pool towels supplied which is something the hotel should maybe look at providing, even at a small charge.
Walls are thin, as in all Spanish hotels, and you have to hope for quiet neighbours.
We would return to this hotel because of its location, cleanliness, and fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view....well worth it.
3 Thank GlasgowRobbo
Hello Robbie from Glasgow,
How is the weather today in Scotland? I would imagine after the few weeks you have spent here in Benidorm a little cold.

It's very kind of you to have taken time to write about your holiday at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar, feedback is very important to us.

You appear to have enjoyed everything about the Hotel, fab sea view, spotless room, good food and bar prices and a cheerful hard working staff. All the staff of the hotel were happy when I read your review to them. We asked the maid from the 4th wing to sing to us, but she blushed!

In summer we do have a towel service with a returnable deposit, but have noted your comment for the winter season.

We certainly hope you come back and Thank You for choosing the RH Corona del Mar and sharing your opinion on tripadvisor,

northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Just got back from ten days in this very good hotel.It is in a brilliant location just a few steps away from the prom leading to the marina and old town or the quieter but beautiful Poiniente beach.Great for long walks in the surprisingly warm winter sunshine, it's also not too far from the railway staion where you can catch regular and very cheap trams to the whole coastline from alicante to denia. The food was excellent and varied with lots of choice.They also had a good line in packed lunches for those on full board who wanted to explore.What really pleased me was the very reasonable bar and retaurant prices which meant you could have a bottle of wine with your meal without taking out a bank loan.Nothing was too much trouble for the bar staff or restaurant staff and the reception fixed two minor problems within an hour.There was ITV and BBC in the bedroom if you wanted to curl up with a glass of wine and casualty but the enteryainment was finre and the spanish pensioners wert not only friendly but very good dancers. The hotel and room was spotless. All in all this was a good winter break at a very reasonable price and a million miles away from thestoris i ha dheard about the resort although it was february and the beaches were empty.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view,
3 Thank normieb
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Good Morning Normie,
I am going to start the weekend on a high, after reading your review. What is so nice and I mean this for anyone reading your review is to hear how much our guests have enjoyed their stay here at the hotel.

10 days in the winter sunshine with the wonderful location of the hotel and Benidorm that
is a fabulous place, what more could you ask for.

It appears that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in every way and I am really thrilled to read
your opinion. The addition of ITV and BBC channels has proved very popular with guests
like yourself, who sometimes early morning or late evening, like to chill out in your room and watch your own UK channels.

You are right about bar prices, they are very reasonable and the food is very good. When it comes to dancing I am not sure who dances best! We do like to dance and I think we put
a bit of passion into it, or most of us do!!

You seemed to have got along the coast too, on the "trenet", as you say a great way to get about. It's also a nice way to see the local villages and also you can make the journey worthwhile by going on market days if you like shopping or browsing.

I will share your review later today with all the staff, Thank You for noting that nothing is too much trouble for them. I am sure you will have fond memories of your holiday and that is
what is important, the fact that you enjoyed everything.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with fellow travellers and for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar. Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Hotel RH Corona del mar