“Good value for money”

Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you want the hustle and bustle of Levanti Beach this is not for you, being in a much quieter part altogether, about 5/10 minutes walk from the old town and used by many Spanish, some Belgians and French. The sea is close by but viewed through a gap between other buildings. The hotel is spotlessly clean, our room was very nice and comfortable and the all staff cheerful and went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful.
The Dining Room was pleasant, especially the terrace area, but my wife and I did not find the food to be great and despite being full board had several meals out during our weeks stay.
Breakfast was OK although there were the queues to use the coffee and toast machines and the salads at lunch and dinner were fine, but the meat was mostly pork or chicken, almost always accompanied by frozen chips and 2 veg, which was generally tinned - eg. peas, carrots, sweetcorn.
We did enjoy our stay, but better food would have made the holiday even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view
2  Thank jasah
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Jasah,
Many Thanks for writing a review of your stay at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

The Hotel indeed is used by Spanish, some Belgians and French, but I must add that in the Winter season it is mostly English, unless there are local fiestas etc...

I am really pleased to hear that you found he hotel to be spotless, your room comfortable and our staff to be cheerful and pleasant. Thank You.

The dining room is pleasant and in particular the terrace, now that the weather is starting to improve. I am sorry though that the food was not always to your taste. We do serve more than pork and chicken, maybe you missed roast lamb, beef, chilli con carne, steak and kidney pie etc... when you ate out. Good to hear however that you enjoyed the salads at lunch and dinner. At peak times the restaurant can get a little busy, also when the hotel is full. My apologies.As you say the hotel is very good value for money.

Kindest regards

Ana Belen (Maternity cover)

997 - 1,003 of 1,586 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed at the Corona Del Mar from the 10th - 17th March 2012. When we arrived the room was not ready but was sorted within 15 minutes. The staff on reception were really helpful and friendly. When we got to our room 412 we were a bit disappointed as we had read to pay extra for a sea view which we did so that we could have sun on the balcony all day, unfortunately this room is set back from the other rooms and about midday the balcony was in the shade. The food was good with plenty of choice. The hotel location is good near to the old town, the beach and local amenities. This was our 1st visit to Benidorm and it won't be our last! We had an excellent time and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room and sea view but not the end rooms.
5  Thank Sam_Payling
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Marianne and Gary,
Firstly Thank You for choosing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar for your first visit to Benidorm ,it makes us very proud.

I will be sharing your kind words with the staff in particular the reception staff and apologise you had to wait 15 minutes on arrival for your room, we try our best to always have rooms ready for arrival.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and found there to be plenty of choice and that you would recommend the Hotel too. Our apolgies you didn't have sun all day on your balcony, the pool area and beach have sun most of the day, unless there is cloud, but the sea view is still beautiful.

We hope to see you again in the near future and Thank You once again for choosing Hotel RH Corona del mar,

Kindest Regards

Ana Belen (maternity cover)

Reviewed 31 March 2012

we stayed at the Corona del Mar 21st - 25th Mar a short 4 night break to celebrate a friends 50th birthday, the hotel was one of the best we have stayed in, clean, friendly helpful staff, great food, good location (close to beach) we did'nt book a seaview room as we were only there for a short trip. we enjoyed our stay so much we are in the process of booking another short break for May, my son and his partner and there family stayed for 7 days and they also enjoyed the hotel, my friend recieved a bottle of champagne on the day of her birthday which was a lovely treat, we could not fault the hotel in anyway, and cant wait to return in May, but we will definatly be asking for a seaview room as it would be nice to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sun, my only suggestion would be that a pool bar was available as we do like to sit around the pool area, but apart from that, GREAT time had, look forward to May

Room Tip: request seaview to get the sun all day
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank pam m

Good Morning Pam,
Thank you for giving us a great start to the week with your review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

We are really pleased to hear that our Hotel is one of the best you have stayed in. From our friendly and helpful staff , to the food and location, you enjoyed it all. Your friends appear to have enjoyed themselves too and Iiked the little birthday treat. Our pool bar is open for high season dates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in May, in the meantime once again sincere thanks for sharing your opinion with the travelling community,

Kindest Regards

Ana Belen (maternity cover)

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here 16th.-23rd.March.I had made reservation directly through RH Hoteles and had been excited to read many good reviews prior to travelling.We arrived approx 11-15 on friday night and I had e-mailed hotel to let them know we would be booking in late.We were booked in very quickly and told that there was a meal for us in restuarant.A very nice touch and much appreciated even though it was just cold meats and a roll.Having travelled most of the day and being tired an offer of help with baggage would also have been appreciated and expected in a four star hotel but sadly this was not offered.When we got to our room I was surprised to find it much smaller than I had anticipated as I had looked at photos on Trip Advisor and thought I could recall each bedroom showing settee/easy chair in bedrooms andlarge luggage rack being mentioned in review.However our room had neither of these and there was just about enough room to walk round bed.
Saturday we enjoyed a good breakfast as it was each morning and went out to enjoy a Spanish Paddy's Day and it was certainly different and very enjoyable.On Sunday morning at reception we enquired for directions to church and Mass times.They were not aware of mass times locally and then directed us to an area where no church existed.This was the first time an hotel was unable to provide me with times of local church services on request in many many years of travel.We did manage to find church and ther was a splendid ceremony in conjunction with Fallas Celebrations.Sunday night in lounge my wife and I ordered a baileys and vodka and bitter lemon and the waiter returned with baileys and bacardi and lemon.When I brought it to his attention as to the bacardi being a mistake he got indignant and said that is what we ordered.I told him that neither my wife nor I had ever drunk bacardi in our lives so were unlikely to have ordered it and he then returned with a vodka.
Tuesday was an horrifically wet day.We went down to lounge at about 11 o'clock in morning for a coffee and had to sit at bar counter as lounge was totally full.There was only one barman on duty and it was mayhem for about 40 minutes.As the barman said to some people complaining "He was only a barman not Superman"although he did his best to be just that and did a magnificent job.As the wet weather had been forecast I don't think it was a surprise to see lounge crowded and more staff should have been available but bravo barman who managed as best he could.
Again in lounge on Wednesday night my wife ordered an advocat and waiter returned wit some type of coco drink however this time he insisted this was advocat in Spain and that was that.I did notice on price list that advocat and a coco drink were on same line but he insisted there was only advocat and we had got it.The following day I did see a bottle of Bols Advocat on shelf of bar so the waiter was mistaken again.
Friday morning after another good breakfast I went down to check out as we were travelling to Altea for the day and transfer that evening.My reservation was a deal offered to over 55s which included free wine or free water with meals.Imagine my surprise then when my bill had 34 euros extra for water and wine in restuarant.I explained my reservation type to reception but again he insisted I had signed for items so I must pay.I explained once more and told him there was only two options in dining room-charge or pay-and as my booking included free wine or water I charged but system should show booking type and charge should be cancelled.He said he would check system and after about a minute again said I signed so I should pay.At this point my patience was wearing thin and I said he must have one of those stupid computers and I would bring my booking form down from room.At this point I was informed by receptionist that he could not understand why "You English are always mad",which is comical as I am Irish and he agreed to deduct wine and water from the bill.As I left the desk I lifted a brochure for hotel and when I got back to room and opened it there were two bedroom illustrations both of whichshowed settee/easy chair and large luggage rack in room and most definitely not my room.When I spoke to customer representative later in the day about this she stated I should have complained earlier and I would have been changed.I feel bedrooms are misrepresented in their photographs and if there are different types this should be made clearer and customer only gets room illustrated when they complain.Also when I spoke to representative regarding overcharging we we spoke to a lady who came out of one of the offices.They spoke in spanish so I don't know what was said but representative then told me that she was happy that I was not charged and why fuss.I found this a totally amazing response and would have expected at least an insincere apology for the hassle at the desk that morning.
It grieves me somewhat to write a totally negative report as anyone could see from my previous reports on trip advisor I much prefer to be able to relate to good experiences.C'est la vie.

3  Thank tyronetraveller024
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Good Morning Tyrone Traveller,
Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

You spoke with myself and colleague last Friday, 5 minutes before you were due to leave the hotel. As we explained to you, there is little we can do if you don't bring to our attention any queries you may have. When you were asked why you hadn't spoken with us, your response was you didn't want to bother us!

You were directed to the closest Church to the hotel on the Sunday morning, it is a shame you didn't find it and we are sorry that you got lost.

Your version of events differ somewhat to what we could see on the Hotel video when you checked out last friday.We watched you check out and indeed an error was made and a bill was produced for your drinks, but after you mentioned you had booked this service, the bill was rectified and an apology was made. Nobody made any reference to english being mad. Our representative also did not say she didn't know why all the fuss. You told her you had been charged for drinks, which wasn't true.

For the rest of your reveiw I can only apologise that you were not happy with your room and our bar staff's service. This is the first we have heard about it and today I will today with the bar staff.

Your last words were that you were going to write a bad report on Tripadvisor, but we would hope to turn a negative into a positive by thanking you for your opinion,

Kindest Regards

Ana Belen (Maternity cover)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Went for 2 weeks from 10th - 24th March, still good value for money especially since the refurbishment. We couldnt get a Sunny front room as the hotel was full, so couldnt use our balcony during our stay as it was quite cool out of the sun.
Our room was clean and comfortable with loads of space, use of the fridge and we paid for the safe.
The food was very good overall with plenty of variety, I cant understand why some writers said the food was repetative, we had Turkey,chicken,lamb,veal, pork fish, pie sausages, burgers what more could you want, there were some spanish dishes as well so nothing at all to complain about.
The bar staff were attentive without being over bearing, and bar prices and wine at dinner were very reasonable.As I was recently out of plaster after a broken leg we couldnt walk too far, so were dissapointed that not many local bars opened at night, probably totally different when the temperature warms up at night. The old town with its designer shops is really worth the effort Benidorm is definately not all cheap tatty shops, and if your into shoes you will be spoilt for choice.
Although we are pensioners we did feel the Hotel would have benefitted from a more mixed age group, hence the type of entertainment, we aslo feel the piano player who played on Thurs for only one hour 6-7 should have been there for 2 hours and from 6pm -8pm would be better, that way the early diners and the later ones like us could enjoy it. Overall it was a good holiday especially with the great weather for 13 out of 14 days not bad for March. One final comment, all the staff without exception are a credit to the management, we entertained two friends for lunch and they commented about the food and staff as well so thank you for a lovely break

Room Tip: Pay extra in Winter for a Sunny Sea View if you like sitting on your Balcony, we couldnt get one thi...
4  Thank Shirley D
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Shiron,
Good Morning from a bright and sunny day in Benidorm. I can see this week you're weather has been quite good in the UK, so I am sure you will have been able to keep your tan topped up!! Thank you for taking time to review the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found your room comfortable, as you say the hotel was full and we couldn't offer any more sea view rooms.

Thank you for pointing out that there was plenty of choice on the buffet. There is always a good selection to choose from. I am glad that not only did you enjoy the food but also that you invited your friends to come and dine at the hotel too.

Bar prices and drinks in the restaurant are reasonable as you have pointed out, local premises around the area will be opening now for easter. The shops in the Old Town are also a big plus. From Zara, to Maximo Dutti, leather shops, shoe shops, jewellery shops etc...Also there are bars, restaurants and tapas bars.

We did recently change the pianist times to an hour later, so maybe we need to review once again, I will review this point.

Thank you for mentioning our staff, they are I agree a credit to RH Hotels and all of them work very hard behind the scenes and front facing to provide the best service they can. It was our pleasure having you stay at the Hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Be careful with that leg, no more plaster until at least New year!! Thank you very much for writing about your holiday experience.

Kindest Regards

Anan Belen (Manager for Maternity cover)

Reviewed 25 March 2012

17th march to 24th March 2012. Best hotel we have ever been in. Super meals, very clean, rooms changed/cleaned daily, friendly and efficient staff. In a great location.
The ONLY fault we had was that we paid for a sea view room and we got one, but beware, in a row of perhaps 20 sea view rooms, the first one, on the main road, is set back from the other 19, so you can see the sea BUT the sun which shines all day on the rest leaves this room ( ours was 112 ) about noon. As the hotel was full, we did not complain.

Room Tip: see above for our comments
4  Thank roberttate
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Good Morning Robert from South Shields,
Thank you for writing a review after returning back to the UK at the weekend. We are all delighted to hear that the Hotel RH Corona del Mar is the "best hotel you have ever been in".

Equally we are pleased to hear you have enjoyed the "super meals", the cleanliness, location and our very friendly and efficient staff. Thank You.

I am sorry we were unable to arrange a room change for you, I think that the position of the sun also at different times year, can affect how long the sun is on the balcony.

From all the staff at the Hotel Corona del Mar, we send our sincere thanks Robert for taking time to share your views with the travel community and hope to see you back here some time in the future,

Kindest Regards

Ana Belen (Maternity cover, for fellow readers Marta had her Baby Girl on Saturday)

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We have just returned, 17th March
We had a great time in this hotel, the staff couldn,t have been friendlier or more helpful. The hotel is clean and comfortable and in a great situation, close to the beach and old town.
We especially appreciated the help given to my husbands gluten free diet. Waitresses, Elena and Noiria advised him each meal time of any dishes he should not eat, unusually the majority of dishes even those in sauces or gravies were gluten free and generally only pasta or breadcrumbed items were not. Gluten free bread and cakes were bought in specially and provided on request. The hotel has obviously and very unusually endevoured to make as many dishes as possible gluten free.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view room
6  Thank Janet M
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Good Morning Janet,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your holiday here at the RH Corona del Mar.

It's great to hear that you had a "great time" and that you found the Hotel staff to be friendly and helpful.

I have just shared your message with Elena and Noria and they are delighted that you have mentioned how much you appreciated their help. We are very pleased that for the first time we have a review that mentions the service we provide for gluten free diets. Thank you Janet.

The hotel itself is as mentioned clean, comfy and ideally located. We are very lucky to have great staff and be in one of the best locations in town.

All that is left to say is from all the staff here at the Hotel, we are very grateful for your contribution on Tripadvisor and we hope to welcome you back one day to your home from home,

Marta Gomez - Manager