“Nice short break”

GreenLeadersGold level
Newport, United Kingdom
“Nice short break”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed at this very well run hotel for four nights full board. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. Food was very nice something for everyone. Our party were celebrating a 50th birthday and I think we may have been the youngest guests there at the time. We did'nt attend the evening entertainment so I cannot comment either way. The pool area was very pleasant as were all the staff. The hotel itself is situated in the Old Town area close to lots of shops,cafes and restaurants. Had a few good nights in the Tower Lounge with freinds old and new, All in all a really good time. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a junction so can be quite noisey, also walls are quite thin so sound travels. I used ea...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jill5011
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Hello Jill,

Greetings from Benidorm on a warm spring day! I send you sincere thanks for writing about your “Nice short break” at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

What a great way to celebrate such a special occasion, I am very happy you had such a good time and enjoyed our hotel, the food and very pleasant staff.

We certainly hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future, thanks again for your review,

Hotel RH Corona del Mar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, beach across the road, shops, bars and restaurants all nearby.
The food at the hotel was great and presented very well, the rooms are a good size and really well cleaned.
Our room was at the back of the hotel so our balcony did not get the sun, that was the only downside. The entertainment was good with great variety something different each night.
The staff are all helpful and friendly I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel in the future.
Indoor pool an advantage if the weather if not so good, plus the gym if you need it. We fortunately had good weather so overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: get a room with a sea view at the front of the hotel where you will get the sun.
2 Thank Margaret W
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Good Morning Purple Dromore,

Thank you for writing about your “Great Holiday 2013”, at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

You are right when you say the Hotel is in an excellent location, we have the best of both worlds really, the beach across the road and the beauty of the old town very close by.

We were very pleased with your feedback on the great food, rooms and our helpful and friendly staff, along with the facilities of an indoor pool.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

What can I say!!!! Went with a load of friends and my partner and had a fantastic time. The staff was friendly and welcoming. I had two massages and they were wonderful and of good value. The food was awesome and didn't need to go out to find an evening meal, the bar staff were very friendly and polite. Going to benidorm???? Then book a room here! You won't be disappointed. X

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Stevenclark1981
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Hi Steven,

Thank you for giving us a great start to the week and reviewing our Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

We are all delighted you had a “fantastic holiday with a fantastic view and wonderful staff”.

We hope very much to see you all again in the near future,

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We he just returned from a week in Benidorm staying at the Corona del Mar. I will first start with the ugly. We paid extra for a Sea view room and asked for a high floor .This we did not get yes we had a sea view between some very ugly flats and buildings.I have added a photo.Work was being carried out on the buildings and so we also had the noise of drills ect all day during weekdays. We did ask for a room change to a higher floor but this was apparently not possible until two days before we left so we did not bother and then no garentee it would be higher.Our room was 302 and was at the end of the building next to the pool area, this was a good point in that we only had one internal wall to deal with as the walls are thin and we could hear everything next door did. It aslo ment we were farthest away from traffic noise another good point. I will now deal with the Good. The hotel is located in a cetral location not far from the old town and just off the beach front so good if the weather is beach weather.The hotel is very clean and the cleaners work hard to keep it so and are a friendly group.The hotel has a reasonable pool area and indoor pool as well as a very small gym and massarge facility if you want it.Rooms are of a reasonable size as are the balconly and have a modern flat screen T.V with DTV and we could get at least five english speaking channels including BBC 1 and ITV. The hotel has a bar aea, not large but ok and entertainment each evening cannot comment on it as we did not see any of it.Bar prices compatable with other local bars and cafes.Now for the bad. Firstly the hotel is looking tired and the rooms are in need of an upgrade in particular the Bathrooms, yes they have a bath with shower over and the basics are all just ok, poor selection of free toiletries but some are provided.
The worst thing was no headboard on the beds I managed to bang my head on the wall many times and this is a serious health and saftey issue as hitting a hard wall is both dangerious and painful.The fridge provided was stocked with a limited choice and as usual expensive.The safe was ok old style but worked.On enterting the Hotel the broken glass in the revoling door did nothing for its image.The three lifts are fine and work well.The food is ok nothing great but a reasonable choice each evening and for breakfast, not a large selection but as I say ok and something for most. The hiegine was not good my wife witessed one staff member replacing into containers vegitables that had been spilled on surfaces touched by guests not nice.We had an early departure as did three other groups all British and totalling about 30 plus well a 07.30 pickup. We were advised by our rep from Thompsons called Brenda who by the way was very good, to advise reception we required an early breakfast, this we did. However when we went to breakfast we found a poor selection of items, no hot food and mostly already used up. No milk no choice of rolls and limited other items, and not one staff member on duty to assist or replenish stock so plenty of moans by all.This lacks concern for customers and we had paid for this service.It would not have hurt to have at least one staff member on duty after all 06.30 is not so early.We found staff on reception not very friendly and only did what they had to no extras no smiles all seemed a bit of an effort. The bar had an offer on between 16.15 and 17.15 tea and biscults served at a cheaper rate. On two occassions we went to use this service on one my wife sat 20 mins without being served. I returned at 17.13 and being surprised she had not been served I approached a waiter who sharpley said the offer had finished. When I explained my wife had been waiting 20 mins for service we did get served and an appology. On the second visit again just before 17.15 we recieved the response the offers finished at this my wife left as she felt insulted by the rude attitude of the staff. I pointed out it was not even 17.15 and the waited checked his till and then started to make tea I declined as if they cannot do thier job with good grace why bother with them and we went to a nearby cafe.The hotel has a mixture of nationalitys visiting and I noticed the Spanish and Germans got better respect.Which is surprising as Thompsons who we travelled with are a good customer base.
Overall we found Benidorm a clean and intersting place to visit, yes full of cheap takeaways and holiday gift shops but plenty to see and do.However we expect you could find a better hotel than this.The hotel is not a four star but a lower three star grade, it achieves its four stars from facilitys not quality or service.I notice many guest reports give five star and I expect these are from people with limited experiance of Hotels as I have traveled alot and as part of my work reported on Hotel quality so feel I have given a reasonable and fair assessment.
On the plus side do visit a Cupcake cafe called Cafe delicias in the old town , for great coffee and cakes, good service and value, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room and seaview , and hope you get it,otherwise its Burgerking and the grave yard.
6 Thank Michael P
Good Afternoon Michael,

Thank you for writing a review of the Hotel Rh Corona del Mar.

The Hotel is very full at times throughout the year and I am sure being well travelled you can understand that requests are not guarantees. I am sorry you were disappointed by not being on the top floor, but it wasn’t possible. Work being carried out by nearby properties is out of our control and I can say we have had no other comments on this point.

The rooms are modern and headboards are no longer a must have, I can sorry you banged your head on the wall. I can understand your personal taste is to have one.
If you had checked the in room directory you will see that we put a minimum stock in the mini bar, anything else can be stocked at your request. It is true the front door is broken after an electronic scooter was driven into it. We are waiting for the new door to arrive which we have had to have made especially in Murcia, as its rounded glass and not easy to replace as a normal glass panel. We are anxious for the replacement to arrive and understand your comment, but please understand our dilemma too.

I am sorry you found the bar staff rude, what I find interesting is your comment of German and Spanish guests getting better respect. Our majority in the winter season is usually English, around 80% in fact followed by a few Spanish and a mixture of other nationalities that are all welcome, we have very few German guests, who don’t usually take afternoon tea and biscuits, this service is welcomed by our British guests.

I cannot agree you have given a fair and reasonable assessment of our hotel, but I can respect your opinion,

bexley
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Spent xmas and new year at this wonderful hotel in fabulous benidorm.Hotel is walking distance from the old town with all its wonderful array of nooks and crannies and the lovely church. So many interesting shops including leather for coats and bags etc and clothes for us shopaholics. Lovely restaurants and cafes where you can sit outside drinking proper coffee with a brandy for just two euros twenty and observe the world people watching. The lovely corona del mar has lovely spacious rooms, sea facing balconies available and a relaxed atmosphere with tasty food and hard working staff, Because nobody has nothing to complain about in this hotel everyone is happy and relaxed. There is a mixture of ages here and all catered for and especially child friendly. I have been to this hotel twice at xmas now and for a short break and have always come home relaxed . New year is wonderful and Ifelt a little guilty that we didnt miss new year at home. Iwill not dwell on the cleanliness of the hotel/rooms toilets etc as this goes without saying. Nothing is too much for the staff and needless to say would highly recommend and would go back again

Room Tip: if you like the sea, sea view rooms can be booked
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank laviniabexley
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Lavinia,

Thank you very much for writing about your stays as our “wonderful hotel” RH Corona del Mar.

Sounds right about those interesting shops for leather coats, bags, shoes and shopaholics!! How relaxing just reading your review of the rooms and facilities and with tasty food and our hard working staff! Great!

I am delighted to hear you would highly recommend our hotel and we hope to welcome you back for another Xmas and New Year,

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Corona Del Mar for another week in February. As last year could not find anything to critisise. Food even better, the combinations more thought out, and quality excellent. We cannot praise the staff enough in all areas of the hotel. We can't wait to return next February for our third visit.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank MusicalBabby
Good Afternoon Musicalbabby,

From a warm and sunny Benidorm. So pleased you have taken time to write a few words about the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and your "fantastic stay once again".

It is very important for feedback and we are very happy you have found the food even better than last year and of excellent quality.

Next February seems such a long way off, but it will be here before you know it. All the team looks forward to welcoming you back,

Kindest regards

Leyland
Reviewed 13 March 2013

First time at an excellent hotel, room, food and staff all first class. Did not see much of the entertainment as we were there to celebrate my brothers birthday and as he and his wife run Sherry's Bar our loyalties were obviously drawn there, however what we did see was first rate. We will definitely come again.
Thanks
Bob & Noreen Prentice

Room Tip: If you are not to mobile a sea view is a must
3 Thank Bob P
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Hello Bob & Noreen,

Thank you for writing about your “excellent choice” of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I am very happy your first stay with us was excellent, with first class food and staff.

I know many of our guests like to enjoy a nice meal up at Sherry’s, excellent home cooked food.

See you again in the near future,