“Holiday”

Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Our first impressions of hotel was !! Wow!! This was a first holiday for me and my partner so it was to be something special to us. A warm welcome when we arrived checked in shown to our rooms lovely n spotless sea veiw wat more could we want till we saw the beds !!single beds !!! Oh no!! The best was yet to come wen we got in bed. Incontinence matress sheets on bed were 49/ 50. Not 70/80. All we cud do was laugh , but when we went down for evenin meal no wonder it was full of pensioners lol we were the only young ones there. But all jokin apart we had a brill holiday couldnt fault the hotel the food was excellent bar staff briliant no short measures there always happy to see you nothin to much trouble maybe next time well get a double bed hee hee . Compliments to the manager and all his staff we will certainly return again nxt year.

JAN X IAN. 16 nov 2013

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank phlebyjan
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Good Afternoon phlebyjan,

Thank you for your “Wow” review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

Joking aside, I was very pleased to read that you had a brilliant holiday.

The Chef will be very pleased that you found his food to be excellent and the bar staff I am sure will also be happy to have been mentioned for their long measures!

It was our pleasure having you stay and we hope very much to welcome you back next year,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was our first visit to Benidorm and, of course, to the Corona Del Mar. We chose the hotel because of the great reviews on trip advisor and weren't disappointed. We have stayed in hotels all over Spain and the Corona Del Mar is definitely the best we have been to.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff are, without exception extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are comfortable with good sea views from the upper floors. Spanish hotel beds are often too hard but these were fine and we slept well. You do hear a little road noise but it never disturbed our sleep.
The food choices in the restaurant were good with something available to suit all tastes. And it was hot too!!, something not many hotel buffets can manage.
We enjoyed the indoor pool and my wife tried the outdoor pool (just a tad cold would be putting it politely!) but what do you expect at the end of October.
The hotel is located next to the old town area of Benidorm and is about a 20 minute walk to the 'strip'. This was fine for us as the area is quiet without being miles from anywhere. There are several bars around the corner which are great if you just want to sit and watch the world go by. All in all, a wonderful stay at the Corona Del Mar.
A tip for lunchtimes - seek out the 'Secret Garden', next to the Marina Hotel on Calle Gerona. (it overlooks the hotels pool but you could walk right past it and not know it's there). It's a roof top bar; great for cheap beer, a good snack lunch and a spot in the sun away from the crowded streets.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth the extra - ask for a floor on the 5th floor or higher for the views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fastlanetravel

Hello Fastlanetravel,

Thank you for taking time to write about our “Great Hotel” RH Corona del Mar.

I was absolutely delighted to hear that of all the hotels you have visited in Spain, ours was the best.

It’s great testament for our hotel that after reading the reviews you chose to stay with us and were not disappointed.

Thank you again and we are waiting to welcome you again in the near future,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We enjoyed our second visit to the hotel, we found the staff very helpful, accommodation and food excellent, weather was really good we were glad that the air conditioning was still on as it was really needed.
One downside, we were dropped off over 100 metres from the hotel, not very convenient for those with mobility problems, there were some on our coach, Thomson's coaches seemed to be the only ones who didn't drop off outside the hotel.
Entertainment, could be improved, Friday and Saturday nights were taken over by locals, not even residents in the hotel, but everything was down to them having what they wanted to do, although there wasn't many of them in on the Sunday night mainly Spanish music was played again, the best night by far was the Monday when the twosome played a good mixture of music, which was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, it's a pity there wasn't more variety of music on other nights. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brian H
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for your review of the Hotel Rh Corona del Mar and for choosing our hotel once again.

I can see by reading your review that you enjoyed your stay, the good weather, excellent food and our helpful staff.

As per the previous review we should have the issue of the coaches sorted soon, although I cannot vouch for what each coach company do with regard to where they wish to stop.

Noted also are your comments on the music, which I will review.

Thanks again for taking time to share your opinion and we hope that you will be back again soon,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just had our 3rd, stay at this hotel, we went with friends and met several old faces who have been coming here for years . We hired a wheelchair which was done very efficiently again by reception. The room, food and all staff are still exceptional , the weather was great and the fiesta fireworks fantastic . One slight downside was the evening entertainment which is looking a bit tired. A big problem is with drop off/pickup point, which is now 50m away from hotel , is if you have a mobility problem like my wife ,trying to move two suitcases hand luggage and helping my wife is very difficult, I asked about this to the Thomson rep who said parking was not allowed out side hotel but we saw several other coaches unload outside during our two weeks there.

Room Tip: sea view room a must for me
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank overt2r
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Good Afternoon Overt2r,

Thank you once again for taking time to write us a review of the 3rd visit to the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and for you loyalty.

As always very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and seeing old faces. You are right the weather has been fabulous.

We are onto the issue with the coaches after speaking to the local authorities and hope to have a solution very soon.

I have noted your review on the entertainment and will review,

Hoping to welcome you back again next year,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Myself and my partner have booked to stay here in May 2014, and i must say that the reviews are fantastic, I have stayed in Benidorm before but self catering. We have booked a sea view at the Corona Del Mar, so looking forward to a nice view and I must say I am so looking forward to this. Thanks to everyone for the reviews it really helps knowing that we have booked nice accomaodation...Roll on May 2014.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kazmo2
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Good Morning Kazmo2,

We all look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and hope you have a great holiday,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We don't usually write reviews but on this occasion we thought we would. We have stayed in this Hotel three times now. We have stayed in different Hotels in Benidorm and this Hotel is the best Hotel we have stayed in. We had a slight problem when we last stayed in September of this year as we were put in a room with no balcony, we went to see the receptionist to see if they could help, they were only too pleased to help us and moved us another room the next day. Also when we moved to the other room the next day, the maid noticed I had a disability with my leg and asked me would I like a bath mat and also another pillow which I accepted and I thought it was very nice of her to do this. We find all the staff at the Hotel very friendly and helpful. The food has always been very good but this year we thought it was even better. We have booked to go again next May 2014 and know we are going to have a good time. The Hotel is situated in the Old Town Benidorm, so if you don't want mad nights in the New Town this is the Hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: As long as you don't pick a room without a balcony, I don't think you can go wrong with any...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank frank d
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Good Morning Frank,

I am very pleased on this occasion you chose to write a review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar, thank you.

It is great testament for the hotel to receive such excellent feedback of which we are all very proud.

Great to hear you have booked another holiday, we all look forward to welcoming you back again next May; thank you for our loyalty,

Until then very best wishes from all the team here at the Hotel,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I were having a great holiday in the Corona del Mar Hotel. We went on a trip to Denia on the train. On the way back from Denia on the train my husband suffered a cardiac arrest and died. The help and kindness I received from the Spanish people on the train and the staff at the Corona del Mar was amazing. I have never received such kindness. The hotel staff and the Thomson reps were amazing and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for everything they did for me, including the night porter who supplied me with tea during an awful night. I was looked after so well and can't thank them enough. My husband and I loved the hotel and the very friendly staff and we were really enjoying our first holiday for two years. All I can say if you want a fabulous hotel to stay at in Benidorm chose the Corona del Mar and pay extra for a sea view room as they are great.
Christine

Room Tip: sea view rooms are best, from 06 numbers to 10
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lucylockescotland
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Christine,

I cannot express my gratitude enough. Through all your heartache you have taken time to write such kind words.

It was our absolute pleasure to help what little we could in such difficult circumstances. I will of course share your review with all the team.

I hope in time you find the strength to return to see us, a place you both loved.

In the meantime Christine, a big hug from us all xx