“Great Hotel”

Ranked #96 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
PORT TALBOT
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Well after reading some of the (negative) reviews on here, I must say that most people must go on holiday for a whinge.

This was a fantastic hotel, and probably the best I have stayed in in Spain - and I having been visiting the country on and off for over 30 years.

Where do I start - well I booked independently and arrived at the Hotel with 2 other adults and 4 children aged 11 and under after an hours wait for transport at the airport.
The check in was speedy, efficient and courteous and the receptionist explained everything clearly and sort out a safe for my room all within 5 minutes. Now thats what I call service.

We were placed on the 14th floor, and whilst feeling a little trepidation, I neednt have worried as the balcony and doors to it were really secure - something you dont often find in hotels. The room was superb with two beds for the adults and two sofa beds for the kids. We left these out the whole time we were there as the room was huge. The bathroom was something else - comparable I would say to the Waldorf Hotel in Lodon. It was fab. The air con could be left on all day without any problems. Cleanliness was second to none. One day the maid could not get into my room to clean and returned after 9pm with clean towels and a general tidy up. What service!

Yes the lifts are a little slow but they accomodate between between 10 and 13 people each so we always got in one without problems. The problems arise when people call from the 4th floors down where there are steps from those floors down to reception and pool area. The kids loved the panoranmic lift and you can see the waterpark and beach from them.

The food was always served at the correct temperature, plentiful and varied. There was always something you could eat and my children loved the kids own food section and the minibuffet. Snacks are served in the restaurant outside meal times up until midnight. The tables were cleared promptly and relaid.

We were served (mostly!) in turn by the bar staff, with a great selection of drinks including cocktails within the all-inclusive package. You could also have ice cream and lollies from the bar.

The pools - though not the biggest, they did not get overcrowded as the Spanish took their siesta mid afternoon while the Brits stayed out and then they returned when the Brits were leaving for the day. There was no problem getting sunbeds at anytime, though you could leave your towels from 8am onwards. The only problem with them as stated before is that they are the plastic type that did tend to collapse throughout the day. Saying that there were metal/fabric type beds also available.

Daytime entertainment - there is plenty going on and you are not forced like some hotels to take part. Steve, Miriam and the others do a great job and my kids thought Steve was wonderful, encouraging them in their activities. The down side was the evening entertainment - the mini disco songs were repetative, this followed by either free Bingo or a card game called Hoy! Hoy! (which everyone seemed to love), followed by a different show every night. These were not very good, and if I did not have my children with me I probably would have gone out to bars at this point. The Spanish seemed to love them as they has a slight Spanish bias - due to the fact that a lot of Spaniards were holidaying there at the time of my stay.

The location of the hotel is great for Aqualandia and Benidorm Palace. The beach can be seen from the hotel and there is a bus stop and taxi rank outside. There are numerous bars and shops within metres of the hotel.

I would definately return to this Hotel.

2 Thank Cwmavonboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Reading some reviews on here it is obvious some people were expecting the hilton!
This was the cheapest all inclusive holiday we found in the med which had at least some good reviews.
We were a family of 3 with one 9 year old child and had a fantastic time. We didn`t have great expectations so were surprised at how good the hotel was.

Food - excellent choice including spanish and english. Full english breakfast available every morning. There was always a good selection of dishes and never got bored of the menu which changed daily. Evening dishes included fish, lamb, chicken, beef, chilli, all done with different sauces, plus many more.
There were snacks available ot of meal times like burgers, chips, hot dogs and ice cream.

Drink - there were a good range of spirits available all of good brands. Draught beer was amstel. The measures were reasonable in size. You could also get fresh fruit juices plus fizzy drinks. I noticed no favouritism towards the spanish. All bar and reception staff were friendly

Room - as others have reported, they are fantastic, modern, clean and of good size with cool air con.

Pool - not as bad as you would think from other reviews. We always got a sunbed no matter what time we got there. Yes it was busy and the pools were crowded but i would say that this is the only negative about the hotel (well, maybe the entertainment as well)

Entertainment - the entertainment crew are very keen and did a great job with the kids. If you have kids under 7, they will love it here. The rest of the entertainment was pretty poor but they did try hard. I would suggest you think about going elsewhere after your evening meal though.

Location - 10 mins to the beach across three busy junctions, so hang onto your kids. beach is great and has kids playgrounds at different points along it.
Mundomar and aqualandia are benidorms sea world and waterparks. They are next to each other and are 5 mins in a taxi or bus. You could walk there in half hour but is up hill.
Bus is 1.25 euro's per person anywhere in benidorm so if you have a family of four it is worth getting a taxi. Was 4.50 euro's to mundomar.

Resort - We only came across two groups of lads in the whole week we were there, none in our hotel. There was a mixture of spanish and engish families. Excellent beach and lots to do

If you get a good deal on this hotel I would definitely recommend it. I would say it deserves the 4 stars it is classed at.

1 Thank kennysheffield2016
GRIMSBY, LINCOLNSHIRE
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Having read the reviews today, felt compelled to add a comment. 3 Girls (40th birthday) from Lincolnshire went for 4 nights all inclusive. Have to say this is one of the most modern, clean and friendliest hotels we have stayed in.The lifts were fine and can't fault the cleaners. We were that impressed with the cleaners we left them a big tip. Nothing to much trouble. The food was of a good standard and the packed lunches were great too. The other hotel customers were excellent company. We met people of all generations and the older Spanish are very, very friendly even at 7am when us girls rolled in from night out and went straight to breakfast. The health spa is fantastic and the massage service is the best. Met lots of people from Spain, Holland, Germany and the only people who whined were the BRITS. I don't know what people expect for all inclusive £300 stay. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we will not be staying anywhere else, in fact we are getting ready to rebook with the Dynastic for 2010. BY THE WAY WE HAVE NO ULTERIOR MOTIVE FOR THIS COMMENT EXCEPT THAT IT IS THE TRUTH AND WE THINK THE DYNASTIC IS GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
tenerife
Reviewed 19 August 2009

where do i start i went with my husband and small grandson and 22 yr old daughter on the 11th of august 2009 ive been to benidorm many times and loved every where i have stayed trust me i aint a fussy person and i dont pick faults on the littlest things but this hotel was the worst i have every stayed at no way this hotel is a 4 star more of a 2 star they cater more for the spanish this hotel is full of spanish the entertainment was terrible all in spanish the food was vile cold every day nothing much to choose from the lifts kept breaking down sunbeds most was broken no sun brollys staff at the bar mainly served the spanish took ages to get drinks lounge area looked more like a transport cafe was terrible only good thing i can stay about this hotel is the rooms very clean and modern and spaceous if u need any more question dont hesitate to email me ill be very honest with you like i said i aint a fussy person but this hotel was terrible

1 Thank placetobee

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Bainsfurt
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I booked the Dynastic hotel at short notcie this year, and due to the poor exchange rate etc of Sterling, I wanted to go for the all inclusive option. I booked through Thomas Cook, and after I booked I had the misfortune to read all the terrible reviews of the hotel on this very website. I must admit that following that, I wasn't looking forward to my stay very much.

I don't normally write reviews, but after reading all the moaning people slagging the hotel off, I decided to write this truthful, and accurate review covering some of the moaners points.

1) On my arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by very pleasant reception staff, who were attentive as well as humourous. Our room was allocated quickly on a mid floor of the hotel, just as I had requested at the travel agent.

2) The rooms are spotlessly clean and tidy. They are very spacious, and the towels are replaced everyday, along with the rooms being cleaned.

3) Plenty of people have complained (or whinged) on here about the quality of the food. What everyone seems to forget is that you are visiting a foreign country. The food during my stay was excellent, varied and plentiful. It was always fresh, and with the exception of staple items, no two days were the same.

4) The staff in the hotel are very friendly, courteous, and polite. If you choose to engage with them they will reciprocate. They were never rude to me, and I was never rude to any of them. I would point out that some of the hotel guests were very rude and off hand to the staff and spoke to them like dirt. If this is how the guests behave, would it be any wonder if they got in return what they gave?

5) The bar service was excellent. It has been pointed out previously that Spaniards received preferential treatement at the bar. This is complete nonsense. In my week there, I was always taken in turn, regardless of who else was waiting.

6) Plenty has been said about the lifts in the hotel. Whilst I have to admit that they were a little slow during peak times, there was never any longer that a few minutes wait, and a lot of the problems seemed to stem from lazy people using the lefts to go from floor zero, to floor one. My advice about this would be, stop whining, and enjoy your time there.

7) For the size of the hotel, the size of the pool was slightly disappointing, although it was never so busy that it was a problem, but my personal preference is a nice big pool. Was clean and well supervised though.

8) There were plenty of sunbeds at all times of the day available.

9) The hotel is very well located near shops and bars etc should you wish to venture outwith the all inclusive set up.

10) After my first night in the hotel, I realised that the air con in the room was set too high. I went to the reception to inform them of my problem. It was dealt with quickly and professionally that morning, and was sorted within 3hrs, and I experienced no further problems during my stay.

To summarise my points. This hotel is good value for money. The food and drink is really good, and in my opinion anyone who is whining about the hotel, really does need to get a life and just enjoy their holiday.

2 Thank BainsfurtChumley
Notts
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Staight from the point of arrival we were left to find our own way, we was on the 9th floor and had to use the stairs mainly as the lifts kept on breaking down. On the 3rd day we was stuck in the lift and could not get out through the fire exits as they were locked and it took 20 mins for someone to arrive. The first choice rep was never their, 90% of the staff was very ignorant. The air con in the room was faulty and the entertainment was dreadfull.
Food and room space was great !!
If you want to enjoy a good hotel whilst on holiday I would recomend not to go here.

1 Thank pjgal
England/Birmingham
Reviewed 30 July 2009

After reading the reviews of this hotel we wasn't sure if to cancel our holiday and re-book with a different hotel, but we thought different people have different opions. And we were very much right! People who are saying bad reviews on this hotel are either fussy or go on holiday to pick points on every little thing VERY CHILDISH. I understand that different people have different reviews but soem of the things that people were saying about this hotel was awful and alot of lies. My stay at the Dynastic was the best holiday ive had in ages, i was all inclusive and enjoyed every second of my stay. The rooms were very modern,clean and large really made you feel at home. had no fault with rooms or anything. the beds were very comfy indeed,shower was fantastic nuthing to fault has far as im concerned!

The staff were all very kind and they didn't always put the SPANISH first. it was depending on the staff on the day some did some didn't. But thats nuthing to wreck yor holiday about. The pools were very clean not very spacious but its not like your going to do laps or anything, however the pool inside was very big! The spa was amazing,one if the best service in the hotel. The recpetion staff talked very well english and was really approachable. The only complaint i would say is to supply more sunbeds has there was alot of spainish families there on weekends but nuthing to moan about after all it is their country and they should be welcome to explore the many good things around their county.we would only do the same after all!

THE FOOD- were do i start, the food was fantastic, very well cooked, mouth watering foods not a bad pooint to pick. The drinks were always very chilled and defently would get your taste buds going MAD! My kids loved having the drinks,icecreams,snacks everything durign the day. my daughter age 12 is normaly very picky but i can honestly say she loved the food.

THE ENTERTAINMENT- The entertainment was good/standard, the staff worked very hard to make the children have a good time, they were always jumping child to child to make sure they all had smiles on their face, they were very friendly indeed didn't speak that good english but they did their job correct, my kids was always excited to see what was on the next night and meet all the entertainment staff again.some peoples reviews on the staff was horrible in the entertainment section but at the end of the day give these people a break you could tell they loved what they was doing,they was all very good with the children, maybe it wasn't excellent but they tried their best and that all you need to know has long as you know theyv'e tried their best you can't compain at anybody for trying!

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO EVERYBODY, PLEASE DOTN LISTEN TO SOME PEOPLE WHO PICK THE MOST STUPIDIEST POINTS ON THE LITTLEST FAULTS, I'M GLAD I DIDN'T CANCEL MY HOLIDAY KNOW BECAUSE IV'E TRULEY ENJOYED IT AND WILL CERTAINLY BECOMING BACK AGAIN.

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF THEN SEE WHAT YOU THINK, DON'T LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE. WAIT UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE YOUR STAY WITH THE DYNASTIC HOTEL.
Im not saying people should say all good reviews on the hotel but some people just pick points on silly things and often seem to go along with the other reviews.
If this hotel was as bas as some people said it was then why would it be a four star hotel, ask yourslef that after all its the public who decides on the star of the hotel not the manager??

I Would just like to say thank you to all the dynastic staff, youv'e changed my whole opnion on benidorm and hotels in benidorm, you were all very friendly and down to earth people and i'll be looking forward to seeing you all again soon THANK YOU WE WILL MISS YOU DEARLY! :)

Thanks for taking your time to read my review and i hope you take everything i said on board Thankyou!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family