“Lovely Holiday”

Ranked #160 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
“Lovely Holiday”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Having read reviews I was a bit nervous heading off, but Europa Center was great. We knew about key pick up as it was stated on our voucher so we went straight to get them and then got a taxi to the apartments.bit of a pain but we arrived late at night so taxi was easiest and cheap. The apartment was clean and spacious and central, all we needed.the pool was lovely and over all we had a great time, close to shops and far enough from the nightlife not to be disturbed but near enough to walk home,I would recommend the Europa Center and will be heading back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Helen O

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here April 2013 for 5 nights, 2 adults and 3 children ( aged 13,10 and 4 )
If I could start with the good things it is a good location near beach and shops and supermarket. The apartment was very clean and spacious with 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed in lounge. The kitchen was again clean and pretty well quipped ( but no can opener ! ) it has microwave / toaster and kettle you put on the hob.
The tv was all in Spanish ( obviously ! ) you put €1 for an hours viewing.
Our main problem was when we arrived the coach drops you off near Burger King basically at the bottom of a hill ( we have a pram, 3 cases and 3 tired children ) but its lunchtime so we go looking for the apartment ... the coach drivers English poor he can't give directions just points up the hill ! After asking many people most who can't ( or won't ) speak English ..a man in the supermarket helps us !
When we arrive at Europa Center there is no reception, we randomly ask a passing woman who says you have to go in a taxi to another hotel for keys ( days later we find a sign stating this located behind a tree ! )
My mother and daughter go in a taxi to this hotel and are told " no no too late too late " by the man on reception and he turns his back on her .... long story short ( !!! ) a female employee of this hotel redirects my mother to another place on the beach front where she gets the keys at a cost of €40 deposit .... We heard of one family arriving in the middle of the night with 2 very young children and having to pay € 100 deposit !
At the time of booking we were not told about the key saga ... we would not have booked it otherwise ... it's a big mider and when you have travelled all day you don't want hassle ! We also found most Spanish people we spoke to pretty unhelpful. It is an apartment block where Spanish people live and some apartments are rented out to holidaymakers.
In conclusion it's cheap and cheerful near the beach but we couldn't wait to go home we were petrified of losing the key !

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Loukeithand3kids

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Hi all this is my first time going to benidorm. I have read some terrible reports about this apartment only after I booked it.......please put my mind at ease.....we fly out the end of this month. Also could anyone recommend best cheap places to eat drink and food shop.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Tracyandjamie
Torre del Mar, Spain
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Collected keys from Agency on Av de Costello, at the beach promenade. I paid 50 euros damage deposit but a group of young men for instance may have to pay a lot more. I had requested a high floor and was annoyed to find that I had been put on the first floor. The highest available was the second floor (of eighteen). The hotel has a car park but you will have to park somewhere first to get a key to use it. Clean and spacious apartment. Though I was on my own, there were two single beds in each of the two bed rooms. Plenty of towels and such (this is an apartment so maid service is rare). A roll of toilet paper provided but no soap. Fridge freezer, four rings to cook on plus pots, pans, kettle, plates, cups, cutlery, etc. No microwave. Pay TV, mostly Spanish but has Disney in English. Safe available in room. It was quiet at night when I was there in April but may be noisy in summer or if bar for sale next door bought by someone noisy. Drawbacks: No cooling so rooms could be hot in summer. Wooden dining table had four screws in it to hold top on. One was OK, the other three missed and an inquisitive small child could scratch or stab themselves with one of the three sticking out underneath. I paid 15 euros on the internet for a week's wifi with Telecobeni (nothing to do with apartments). Sometimes moderately fast, sometimes it crawled. Lots of shops, eating and drinking places close by. End of Levant beach several minutes walk away,

Room Tip: I asked for a high room and got first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank kaneda
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We were a little concerned too when we read the reviews but it was a nice stay. Collecting the keys is a bit of a pain as arriving later at night you have to go to the Buenavista Apartments and it is a 20 minute walk, which with 2 cases is a bit of a pain. Also they like them back by 10:30am and if you have an evening flight is also awkward. Luckily the lady at the Triangle Pub let us leave them there. It is situated in a lovely position, near to 3 great pubs / restaurants. 5 minutes walk to the beach and shops and we found it to be lovely and quiet at night. The apartment was very spacious with all mod cons, shower, hob, slot tv (1 euro per hour). They left us ample towels and bedding and it was very clean and tidy. Overall good value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Louise F
lancashire
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I was a bit nervous about the apartments after reading reviews but am glad to say was nicely surprised. the europa center is ideal for families. my husband and I took our three under 11 aged children. the only things that let the accomodation down was picking up of and the returning of the key, also the lack of english. There was a washing machine in the apartment which was very useful. The pool area was clean and the kids loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank woodsy53
Staffordshire
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We went after reading views will never do it again.
We are 3 middle aged guys looking for a steady week in Benidorm on a average budget so hence we picked this apartment block.
Getting keys a total bloody nightmare with no reception & one so called porter that doesnt care about new arrivals nor about getting a key for your safety deposit box (now i know why),had to walk 20mins to collect keys from another hotel at 1am.The transvere bus BENNI-CONNECT didnt even drop us at apartment block but at top of road & left us to find it ourselfs BLOODY SHOCKING.
This block is middle of spanish family blocks so late in evening theres alot of young male & females roaming around this area.
I personaly was JUMPED & ROBBED on our second night walking back to our apartment they took my wallet after pushing me to the floor damaging my ankle (im in cast now for next 6weeks)
They talk about the area is under control by local police ............total understatement believe me we never saw any patrols nor police walking the surrounding areas were people would be walking to the arpartments/hotels away from the local beer/bar strips.
This was a 1st for me in Benidorm & it will be the my last.
PLEASE BE WARNED & AWARE
This area of Spain does not deserve our custom or money SIMPLE AS THAT.
As for the local police station when i attended there i was asked to come back later......ye right ok....i simply got the next flight the hell out of there.
Ive personaly had some nice Spanish holidays in the past but i will now think twice.
Hope the review helps all that reads it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends