“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Admittedly I was on a hen do so spent every night out drinking but....
Rooms were spotless and cleaned daily - the maids even came back later on in the day if you were still in bed when they came!
Beds were comfy enough although i didnt really expect - there was a pregnant (sober!!) lady in our group and she had no complaints.
Service was brilliant, thoroughly pleasant, helpful and polite staff.
Never had any issues with getting a sun lounger and they were always clean and no one in my group mentioned any damages.
The food was ok, i never eat much when abroad but the rest of my group liked the majority of foods available although one night there were a few complaints but non for the rest of the holiday- I wouldnt class it as bad food but what do people expect from a 3star?? typical holiday food.
We had to vacate our room by 11am and didnt get picked up for the airport until 6pm. the hotel provided our group of 22 with 2 rooms to use in which we were able to rest/shower and store our belongings- for no extra charge.
really close to night life, 10 min maximum walk to clubs but far enough not to have the noise.
I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and I will definitely use this hotel if i return to Benidorm

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank missmac28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

we stayed here for the weekend, we stayed bed and breakfast , and i would book this hotel again if i went back to benidorm. The hotel is just up from the main bars and clubs, our room was large and cleaned every day rooms very good standard. The breakfast is good with plenty of options. This is a very good three star hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PILKINGTONFAMILY
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Stayed HB for 1 week, flight arrived after meal times was welcomed at reception with a lovely food basket, hotel was perfect location for everything, rooms spotless and staff outstanding, pool area was ideal. At all times I could not fault the food there was plenty of variety and something for everyone and cleanliness of dinning room was spot on I had a really enjoyable holiday and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank Dunbartonshire18
Liverpool
Reviewed 10 June 2011

this is a really nice hotel in many ways. well run with excellent staff, nice modern style rooms, though they could be improved by adding tea/coffee fascilities and mini fridge. well appointed, a stroll from the beach and in the midst of a lot of bars and restaurants close to what you might call the english quarter. but also, not too far a walk from the old town (my favourite) for a taste of authentic spain.
however, as stated several times in other reviews, the food can be a disappointment. the first night in particular was very poor. from brekkie the next day it did pick up considerably, and improved thereafter but never to all the parties satisfaction.
that said, i'd still say give it a try, partic if going b & b

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank JFergo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Six of us (all couples aged between 40 - 46) arived at the Helios hotel on Monday 23rd of May 2011. On first impressions the hotel was very clean and we received a warm welcome. On ariving in our rooms (on the 9th floor) I was very pleased at the size of the room and how clean ot was. There was a walk in shower which was perfect. There was a flat screen TV but no remote and the only channels you could get in English was Sky news and CNN. The beds is very hard but not too bad once you have had a few shandies. The location is superb and is very handy for all the pubs and clubs. The one big thing that was disapointing about this hotel was the food. The old dears seemed to like it but it was very bland, the meat was full of grissle and there was just no tase to anything. One other thing is there was no water supplied but they did offer bottled water at 1.30 euro which I thought was not right.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank foss281
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed at the Helios over Christmas 2010 with our two children. For what we paid, full board, we could not fault the value for money we received. The heated, covered pool though was very smelly, and the cover needed a good clean, it smelt like damp and mouldy which you would expect it to get, but without ventilation at times this smell could not escape. The hotel itself was pleasnt enough, rooms are comfy and cleaned frequently. The meals were good, we found something to eat for every meal but if you are a burger and chips kind of family, then steer clear, you will not like it. If you and your kids are willing to try new foods, foreign foods and variations, then you will be fine. If i ever went to Benidorm again, i would probably try and book this hotel first.

Room Tip: Pool view.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Tinaru
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Me and my friend decided on a week away and Benidorm was the choice. My friend had stayed at Helios before and assured me it was great. I had read some of these reviews and was a little reluctant. I feel that some people are just too picky! The hotel was very clean. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Felt really touched by the maid service to our room, daily. The grounds of the hotel were great too - a good size pool and waiter service. We also went full board, the food was ok, you could eat it, the only thing I think let it down was variety. For a buffet it could have been different things each day, but it was more or less the same. Also I'm aware that with it being full board, tea and coffee facilities in the room were ommitted but I would have loved a cuppa in my room. Overall I had a brilliant week and would definitely go back and recommend to a friend!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends