“Fantastic central accommodation! Lovely staff!”

Apartamentos Luxmar
Ranked #84 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I never write reviews but felt I had to give these apartments some well earned feedback! Went here for my hen weekend and it was just right for us! Stayed 4th April - 7th April
We found the staff very helpful and accommodating, Thank you Amanda & Simon, and your bar staff for making me & my 16 hens very welcome! Yes it's cheap and cheerful & u have to pay a deposit but if you treat the place with respect you will earn this back with no fuss at all! Good sized balconies and yes the hot water doesn't last long but if you work things out within your group size it isn't a problem! Just shower quicker!!
It's a shame this place is really put down it's what you make it, and me and my hens were very chuffed with you guys! (Especially your 2 for 1 offers at your bar!)
Plus the weather was a scorcher!!
Thanks again!!
From Amy & my 16 hens!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BlondieAmy1986

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in Feb on my hen do with a group of 12- ages ranging from 21-54. We were abit worried about booking here after reading some of the reviews.
We arrived late Friday night and greeted by a polite gentleman in reception to check in. There is a sign advising of deposit 50euro each (aswell as on booking confirmation docs) but we only had to pay 50euros per room and this got us our room key and TV remote- we were given a receipt which needed to keep in order to get deposit back as long as return keys and remote. I think if you turn up in a big group loud and rowdy then you will be charged the full deposit but I suppose it's all based on first impressions.
The rooms were clean- we had 4 x 1 bed apartments which slept 4- twin bedroom and 2 single sofa beds. Dining table. Kitchen and bathroom. Large balcony- all ok, cheap and cheerful and main thing is they were clean. The balcony doors did not lock but we were on the top floor and paid for a safe so this was ok. Safe was 10euro deposit plus 1.50euro per day. Definately worth paying for.
The bar was ok- again cheap and cheerful. We did not eat here.
Good location- 10 min walk to main bars/restaurants.
Staff were friendly and polite.
The only issue we had was the hot water- only enough for 2 showers and then have to wait until heats back up, lady on reception said could take 1 hour which seems stupid when the room is for 4 people- they should advise this when checking in as first day, I had a freezing cold shower but after that, we worked round it between us and was ok.
This hotel is definitely for hen/stags or a week away with friends, wouldn't recommend to families. Although the hotel was very quiet and was not disturbed by other guests as was worried this may be the case.
As everyone says- you get what you pay for and for the amount you pay to stay here, I can't fault it. Just be aware of the deposit, hot water and pay for the safe and will be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Del0205
Reviewed 4 April 2014

On the first night i was woken by a knock on the asking to clean the room .She took my bag with car keys , all my clothes and mobile phone and sadly my passport which the police dont speak little english , had to get myself to Alicante britsh embasy and fork out 120 euro . Im never going to Benidorm again

Room Tip: Ask to see what time the real cleaners working hours are
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason T
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The words cheap and cheerful has never been truer when used to describe this Hotel.
No problem on arrival I think the 50 euro each deposit is only aimed at the groups as we were not asked for it and were given a remote for the tv with no hassle. The 2 ladies who worked the day shifts were great very helpful and need medals for some of the guests they have to deal with.
Our first mistake was booking Half board, we were told on the description that meals were not a buffet as they were at there sister hotel but that they were served menu style. No worries we thought so first night we went down to the bar and bought our drinks then we strolled into an empty dining room which consisted of about 5 tables, after a few minutes the barman came in and asked if we were room 1203. Yes we replied he then gave us our money back for our drinks as he said they were included in the meal. Nice one we thought. He then went away and returned with 2 plates filled with tomatoes, tuna, carrot and beansprouts in vinegar I don't know if this is a Spanish dish I,ve been to spain many times and never come across it and hope to never again. We moved it around the plates to give the illusion of eating some. this was cleared away and the main was fetched 2 microwave chicken curries with rice. rice like bullets chicken dry as the Sahara, again we moved it around to not insult the chef or the man who pushed the start button. The sweet though was lovely as it was just custard in a plastic pot with caramel on top.
Suffice it to say we did not venture for meals the rest of the week. Breakfast was ok it was the typical full English and to be fair was better than sum English B&B,s I've stayed in.
Thank fully at the top of the road is a Chinese and next to it an indian that both do a 3 course menu for less than 5 euro so we ate there. The Chinese is the one to the left of the indian and the food and service is second to none.
So in reviewing this hotel I will say if your in a group expect to pay 50 euro each deposit. Don't expect to get any sleep as the walls are thin also expect the door bell at the side of your door ringing through the night as it looks like a light switch, to be fair I made the same mistake on our return and I was sober. The rooms were clean but we were there for 5 nights and the beds were never changed and the towels were only changed on the 4th day.
Its obviously aimed at large groups of lads and lasses who they assume wont be bothered about festering in there own drunken filth. I wont stay here again but I did enjoy my stay and wish the place no ill I was more upset about the fact that the bloomin sun only came out on the Thursday before we were going home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Basic,but a good apartment for the price paid, booked three rooms that came to a total price of less than £200 for three nights, however despite being told the deposit required would be 50 Euros a room, on arrival they wanted 50 Euros a person, this meant a total of 500 Euro deposit, almost £500 for our less than £200 booking, the man on reception was also very rude, however on departure we did get our deposit paid back in full.

Generally if you want cheap and cheerful (however you need a huge deposit first) then this apartment is fine, and the location is also good, however in future i would rather pay more for somewhere else.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else, and pay a little more.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

2 star hotel ..... So it's a basic hotel out room was clean .... Reception staff very helpfull ...... Just one word of warning ..... It's mainly for hen and stag parties , this hotel is used by a company who organise hen and stags , so expect loads of pissed up noise at every hour !!.... And to not get much sleep at all !!!... But as I said '' that's why people come here for stag and hen parties !' So to recap ... It's 2* not 4* all inclusive !!YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR .... Sorry but I won't be coming here for a holiday ... I'm on a hen weekend and that's enough !!!!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

stayed here for one night which was enough,the weather was cold when we arrived and the place was freezing cold.asked about the heating but it had been turned off 2 weeks previous and would not be back on.the apartment was well in need of a makeover,kitchen was dirty and stained worktops,1 plug socket, no kettle, good job we always take our own, the bath runs as well as the shower so after pinching a plug from the kitchen as there is only one plug, your shower lasted all of 2 mins before water went cold.walls are paper thin so can hear everyone in the place, certainly would not recommend for families ,have stayed in lots of places in benidorm as we visit regularly and this is the most we have paid for one night..35euros self catering and the worst place we have stayed in,albeit it is in a good location.!! thats the only good thing about this place, will not return here again.!!

Room Tip: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple