Having just spent a week at this hotel (28th May to 4th June) we wanted to add our review of the Monaco Hotel (part of the Sandos group) in Benidorm.
the Hotel has been recently renovated and is a smart stylish hotel very close to the Beach (only 2 roads away). It is surrounded mainly by apartment blocks but is very quiet and away from any noisy bars!
Reception areas is clean and spacious and has plenty of leather seating with glass coffee tables. Entrance from Reception area leads to Pool Bar/sun terrace and swimming pool area. Loads of sun beds, terraced table/chairs but very little shade (lack of parasols). Pool area is very shaded - hence swimming pool and kiddies pool is cold!
Reception staff very helpful and knowledgeable. 3 reliable lifts and fast lifts. 16 floors.
Odd numbered rooms get the sun in the afternoon and early evening. even numbered rooms catch the sun in the mornings. All areas inside and out are clean / litter free.
Dining room & entertainment lounge plus Spa is lower ground level.
Dining room has themed nights eg mexican, italian, western etc. Food is lovely, plentiful, hot with lots to choose from : - eg Breakfast = cereals, croissants, meat & cheese, freshly cooked eggs, omelletes, bacon tomatoes sausage etc. A toaster is available with spreads, jams. yoghurts. Tea, coffee, water, juices are plentiful. as is milk (whole or skimmed.
Lunch : salads, cold meat, various pizzas, burgers, soups (2) fish dishes, meat dishes, spring rolls etc, show cooking by chef everyday. Choice of bread . good choice of fresh fruit, sweets, ice cream (x3) yoghurts, biscuits/wafers
Evening Meal : Well whilst we there, we had choices of beef, yorkshire puc, wild duck, chicken, roast pork, gammon, liver and onions, salmon, haddock etc etc plus spaghetti bol, paella, chips, gammon, steak & kidney pie, etc etc etc, lots of choice and variety. Wine ( red or white), beer, water, pepsi, lemon, orange to drink.. all help yourself!
Tables were cleared quickly. Never had to queue for a table. Sweets did get a little repetative - jellies ice creams yogurt, instant whip, bread butter pud, custard, fresh fruit etc.
Snacks available in between meals = crisps nuts sandwiches toasties.
Rooms are of a standard size and lovely and clean. Toiletries like sachets of shower cream left each day as is clean towels. sheets changed twice weekly. corridors are carpeted. No rowdies were there during our stay. Safety deposit safe in roon was 3E a night or 15E for a week. Mobility scooters and pushchairs can be hired. Hair dryer, TV, Fridge and phone in rooms
Hotel was pretty busy with half half of British and Spanish. Nothing particularly for children and I did hear the hotel was going ADULTS ONLY at the end of this year.
Most guests would be return guests and those we spoke to would return again.
Entertainment was a let down.
5 mins walk to old town or bar street.
We really enjoyed our stayed. Just go and be open minded. As some would say... You cant please all the people all the time! We enjoyed our stay, and would recommend this hotel. We would also return next time we visited Benidorm too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa All Inclusive, Adults Only +16, is located near to Playa de Levante (450 m) and to Benidorm centre. It has 199 rooms with two individual beds, flat satellite TV, air conditioning and heater, bathroom with hairdryer, terrace with views and free WiFi, plus minibar and safe (extra charge) It also provide a program called Select wich offers additional services besides the usual current all-inclusive. Among these, there are all kind of falicities at the arrival and in the room, such as a bottle welcome bottle of cava, or minibar and safe for free, as well as discount and access to the Select Club Lounge. The falicities have an outside pool and Jacuzzi, cafe-bar, and show cooking and buffet restaurant. As well as parking, gym, spa, sauna and Wellnes Centre (extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Monaco Hotel And Spa
- Sandos Monaco Hotel Benidorm
- Monaco Hotel Benidorm