We have just arrived back from a 5 day break to the Sandos Monanco in Benidorm. Myself & my husband stayed here with a group of our friends including another couple & two single guys.
We arrived at the hotel late at night and the first impression was a very good one, the bar was already closed but we were greeted by a friendly face at the reception. The hotel reception is quite large & airy and very modern. We checked in quickly and were given the keys to our rooms. The rooms are lovely, very modern and clean. Our room was number 1401, which was a double room overlooking the pool area. The room itself was quite small but had everything you needed, the bathroom was also quite small but had a lovely double shower. The only complaints we'd have about the room would be the cleaners cupboard being located next to it... God they can really make some noise in the mornings, from about 7am all you can hear is slamming doors to that cupboard/ room! Oh and the shower goes hot and cold sometimes, but that's a small price to pay for a nice double powerful shower! The sun doesn't shine on the balcony in the morning but it's lovely in the afternoon going into the evening.
The food at the hotel is served from the main restaurant downstairs. The restaurant is quite big and is kept very clean with the food being replenished frequently. The variety of food is good but doesn't change very much on a day to day basis. For dinner theres always some form of meat available, vegetables, salad, pizza and pasta and for breakfast there's a full English, continental, fruit and pancakes etc. The snack bar could also do with a make over, unless you're happy with hot dogs or burgers... I think there could be some more variety and a few other options added... I personally don't eat red meat so I missed out when the restaurant wasn't open.
The drinks are good too, there's plenty of variety, although they're not the branded ones unless you pay to upgrade. I would say that the cocktails need some work... They're very watery and very tasteless!
Whilst at the hotel we visited the spa on a few occasions. It's a beautiful spa and very well kept. The staff at the spa reception desk could certainly be a bit friendlier, they really aren't welcoming at all which does out your back up a little considering you're just about to pay for a relaxing and luxury experience in the spa! I think the prices could probably be revised a little too, as it can get quite expensive if you go more than twice, maybe there could be a package price for unlimited use for residents??
The outside pool area is also very nice although we didn't use the pool, but there are plenty of tables and chairs to enjoy an ice cold drink in the sun! There are sun loungers around the pool too, although in the summer I can imagine you'd need to reserve them fairly early!
The hotel staff are generally friendly although they don't go out of their way to smile or make you feel welcome! They do get tipped quite a lot at the bar and we tipped them a lot for the first few days, when they get a tip they ring the bell but never smile or say thank you... I think it's just become expected rather than appreciated and we started not to bother after the first few days.
Overall the hotel was very nice but not as good as others we've stayed at. I think it's probably one of the best in Benidorm though and if we were to go back then I'd certainly stay here again. It's situated about 5mins from the beach and there are lots of amenities close by. There is a good bar as you turn right coming out of the hotel... It's a sports bar and they're really welcoming and accommodating, they put on whatever music you want, serve great measures and provide popcorn and crisps to go with your drinks too! I'd certainly recommend a visit here as well as going to the old town too... It's simply beautiful with the views across the coast.
All in all a very good stay thoroughly enjoyed by all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa All Inclusive, Adults Only +16, is located near to Playa de Levante (450 m) and to Benidorm centre. It has 199 rooms with two individual beds, flat satellite TV, air conditioning and heater, bathroom with hairdryer, terrace with views and free WiFi, plus minibar and safe (extra charge) It also provide a program called Select wich offers additional services besides the usual current all-inclusive. Among these, there are all kind of falicities at the arrival and in the room, such as a bottle welcome bottle of cava, or minibar and safe for free, as well as discount and access to the Select Club Lounge. The falicities have an outside pool and Jacuzzi, cafe-bar, and show cooking and buffet restaurant. As well as parking, gym, spa, sauna and Wellnes Centre (extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Monaco Hotel Benidorm
- Sandos Monaco Hotel And Spa
- Monaco Hotel Benidorm