We have just returned from this hotel and for the most part it was fab.
Check in was easy and quick and the reception staff are very friendly.
Rooms are very modern, clean and a good size. Rooms have all mod cons and the tv has a good few English speaking channels. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room but there is a fridge. There is also a hair dryer.
The air con in the rooms is not great. Takes ages to cool the room when you come in and balcony door has to be shut tight for it to work, so room never seems to cool because the heat is unbearable with the door shut.
We were on the 14th floor and the balconies are not for the faint hearted, but the high floors provide the best views.
The food and drink options are excellent if you are all inclusive and you can literally eat and drink all day long. Food can be a little cold but there is a microwave should you want to heat it up. The bar staff are so friendly and always smiling, however the staff in the dining room always look a little unhappy. One thing to note is you cannot get tea or coffee in the dining room during lunch and dinner, although small tip the coffee in the bar upstairs is much better.
The pool area does not get sun until around 12 but there is another sun lounger area that gets sun from 8/9 ish.
You can hire pool towels for €20 for the week from reception and when you return your towels you get your money back.
Not sure if we were ripped off for the safe or not. It's €21 for a week and you are told to enter a 6 digit number and press lock. The instructions are on the front of the safe but we had paid it when checking in so it was too late. My advice, check in and see if the safe works (they might be able to de-activate it until you pay but I would try it first, you can always pay when you go back down to reception).
WIFI did not work at the hotel for the whole week. We asked at reception and were told on numerous occasions it was being fixed but it never was. Very frustrating as every time you walk through reception there is a tv that says wifi area. This was annoying but we later found out that wifi was a rare commodity in benidorm as most places don't offer it.
The location is fantastic. Walk 700m approximately to the beach and turn right for the old town and left for the new town.
If you want a lovely day away ask at reception where the local buses go from (they have tourist maps). Take the number 10 bus to Altea which is about 40 mins away and costs €1.50 each way. There is a lovely market there on Tuesdays. Well worth a visit for the lovely views and nice market.
Shopping in benidorm is fab. Great shops and prices. Old town has in my opinion the best shops for clothes and fashion i.e Zara, Massimo Dutti etc.
The skies the limit for nightlife in benidorm but if you want some great music and a giggle, leave your inhibitions at the door and head to the Bodhran Irish bar to see Brendan Murray sing and bounce off the audience.
On Wednesdays and I think Saturdays there is also an outdoor market about a 10 minute walk from the hotel in the direction of the new town. Again ask at reception and they will point you in the right direction.
We will definitely be retuning to benidorm and would stay at this hotel for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa All Inclusive, Adults Only +16, is located near to Playa de Levante (450 m) and to Benidorm centre. It has 199 rooms with two individual beds, flat satellite TV, air conditioning and heater, bathroom with hairdryer, terrace with views and free WiFi, plus minibar and safe (extra charge) It also provide a program called Select wich offers additional services besides the usual current all-inclusive. Among these, there are all kind of falicities at the arrival and in the room, such as a bottle welcome bottle of cava, or minibar and safe for free, as well as discount and access to the Select Club Lounge. The falicities have an outside pool and Jacuzzi, cafe-bar, and show cooking and buffet restaurant. As well as parking, gym, spa, sauna and Wellnes Centre (extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Monaco Hotel And Spa
- Sandos Monaco Hotel Benidorm
- Monaco Hotel Benidorm