We have similarly just returned from our first visit to Benidorm staying at this hotel. We would reiterate the comments made by the review referred to in the title, the dining experience was like that of a school canteen albeit a canteen serving a very good variety of quality food. The individual referred to in Geordies713 review even had the audacity to reprimand my wife for putting her dinner plate on an adjacent table which was done as she thought for ease of collection!
We had a top floor room with superb views and understand that all the rooms are of the same size accommodating two queen size beds and having a very good sized bathroom. Bearing in mind the four star rating a couple of minor criticisms, there are no facial tissues in the room and the coffee/tea making facility includes a kettle which does not have a separate base so that the electrical lead has to be removed from the power point to switch it off whilst boiling. After using it once we decided it was a potential accident waiting to happen.
We cannot comment as although we had two visits included in our room rate we never found time to ue it!
Select room upgrade
Worthwhile if you would prefer to enjoy your branded tipple. The select cub lounge stocked a very good selection of known wines, beers and spirits and always had a selection of sandwiches and cakes and nibbles available. It also included an internet access point and a few red top newspapers to read. This option also provided bath robes, slippers and a bed turn down service (albeit intermittent).
Overall the experience was very positive and we would return to this hotel. When speaking to guests staying at other nearby four star hotels the dining room experience is not uncommon but the room standard does seem to vary widely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa All Inclusive, Adults Only +16, is located near to Playa de Levante (450 m) and to Benidorm centre. It has 199 rooms with two individual beds, flat satellite TV, air conditioning and heater, bathroom with hairdryer, terrace with views and free WiFi, plus minibar and safe (extra charge) It also provide a program called Select wich offers additional services besides the usual current all-inclusive. Among these, there are all kind of falicities at the arrival and in the room, such as a bottle welcome bottle of cava, or minibar and safe for free, as well as discount and access to the Select Club Lounge. The falicities have an outside pool and Jacuzzi, cafe-bar, and show cooking and buffet restaurant. As well as parking, gym, spa, sauna and Wellnes Centre (extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Prestigia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Monaco Hotel Benidorm
- Sandos Monaco Hotel And Spa
- Monaco Hotel Benidorm