“Upgrade”

Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We spent a week at this hotel at the end of July. We had upgraded to the select plus and we're really glad we did. The room was immaculate and spotlessly clean. It was a nice to have tea and coffee facilities with the added bonus of a small fridge. There is a room in the lounge area only for those that have upgraded with a patio area outside. Within the room there is free Wi-Fi on two computers every top brand spirit you can think of with a fridge full of mixers Heineken premium bottled beer, fruit juice and ice. On the side is a giant bowl of haribos kettle crisps and peanuts. Also fresh cakes and sandwiches are put out. With it being so small people were very friendly. As part of the upgrade you get one free session in the spa. This is well worth a visit. Even if you pay for it the cost is only 10 euro.

12  Thank paulsHull
Write a ReviewReviews (3,628)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Arrived at the hotel by car and used the paking facilities at the hotel. Check in was not the best experience, taking far too long. We had 2 days all inclusive and started immediately with lunch.
The food was ok, in my opinion slightly above average, Alcohol was easy to obtain with no restrictions up until midnight. Pool area is a squeeze with most of it being in the shade until lunch.
So make your own opinion, if you want to sunbathe early go to the left of the pool. The lounge bar in the evening is poor, very 1980's and the entertainment matches it. The location of this hotel is excellent with all the bars easily accessible and the old town a short walk also. If I stayed for longer than 2 days the buffet restaurant would have become very monotonous as very little changes from lunch to dinner from day to day.
The gymnasium was excellent with a good selection of machines and free weights.
All staff were friendly and helpful (with the exeption of check-in experience) I found the whole stay to be Average/Good. For Value for money I have stayed in better Hotels in Benidorm

2  Thank beadyeyeonyou
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I returned to this hotel again for the second time. We were very impressed on the first visit some years ago. We were equally impressed this time. The staff were wonderful the food was top class. The rooms were cleaned daily and towels replaced every day. The entertainment I would rate from mediocre to just all right.This is because it is tailored mainly for the Spanish guests. The safe in our room 1303 was badly positioned in the wardrobe. It was attached to the inside side wall.This meant to access you had to put your head right into the wardrobe to try to see the digits in a dark space. I used my phone to illuminate it.The WiFi is a bit hit and miss depending in what part of the hotel you are.You can only connect one item at a time using your room number. I would advise future guests to be careful walking down to the center and back as there were a few muggings reported during our stay.One was a big fellow with €1600 in his wallet attacked by seven thugs. This had nothing to do with the hotel just a word of warning

Room Tip: Pool view looks towards the sea. You can just see it through the surrounding buildings from higher f...
5  Thank Flashpoint
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Second review of this hotel we stayed here as we enjoyed ourselves last time
Beds are nice and comfy spotllessly clean the noise from above was not as bad we were in disabled room for some reason this time it was huge
it is central for either end of benidorm old town or english
Staff were friendley and helpfull
spa was fantastic :)
Only down side is the food it seemed much more repitertive this time we were only there for 4 days and it was the same for those days ?
I agree this is a good hotel nice fresh linen and a clean bathroom does it for me but we are going back in december and might read thorough the forums for another this grade as the food was not as nice and im sorry dont want chips and pizza all the time all inclusive I hear you all shout NO sorry when you pay for a good grade hotel it should also be a better meal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Last minute break , I've been here before but not alone . I asked for the deluxe single on a high floor with a pool view . (Got 14 th floor pool view) but not sure what made the room deluxe? It was small but ok for one person , with a double bed, clean and comfortable with a nice shower , would have liked tea and coffees facilities though. The gala dinner on Friday was really good, food good lots of choice , my only problem is that this very nice hotel scrimps where the all inclusive drinks are concerned, no baileys or Tia Maria unless you pay extra , I'm afraid all inclusive should mean just that , and you had to pay for bottled water , even though there was water machines by the pool. It was also nice to see the the management dealt swiftly with a trouble maker which was making other residents uncomfortable . Overall nice hotel, clean, central but quiet . And the guy who collects the glasses has a fab voice !!!!

Room Tip: Single rooms are all by the lift ...high floors are better ,pool view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank poshpinsey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel 5 times it is the best hotel I've stayed in the rooms are huge big comfy beds the food was great the staff we're lovely and it's nice and quiet and it's a five minute walk to the new town and a ten minute walk to the old town I have stayed here with 14 of my friends and I have stayed here with just 4 of us and we all still had a great time so much so I have just booked it again for no for just me and my husband so looking forward to it thank you sandos Monaco xx

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mariahoughton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a few days in April on a girly weekend. The hotel is in a great position for both the old town and the more lively new town. Entertainment in the hotel was good, we stayed at the hotel hotel until about midnight then went out for the nightlife. The food was good with a good selection always. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Even better with it being adults only

• Stayed: April 2014