“Excellent Hotel”

Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Lovely modern, clean hotel ideally situated.
Nice food with plenty of choice.
Good selection of drinks in the all inclusive package.
Found the staff to be very efficient and had no problems getting served at the bar.
Evening entertainment isn't much good, but you're in the centre of Benidorm with all that it has to offer. Who wants to stay in at the hotel?
A few "free" drinks and then hit the nightlife!
I brought a USB stick with films on for my portable DVD player and found that it could be slotted into the back of the TV on the wall. A good tip if you like to relax with a film now and again.
Would go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 17 November 2010

Great hotel, five minutes from the beach. Spacious rooms all clean and nicely furnished. central for old town and new. plenty of bars and restraunts around, but we went all inclusive which was great .Staff pleasant and would recommend it as we will be booking again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elainedillon62
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I booked this hotel as I am pregnant and wanted to relax in the spa and be pampered in the evenings.

The spa pool and facilities were unexpectedly closed from the 3rd day into our holiday due to cleaning and was out of commission for the rest of my stay. They were still offering treatments though. One being the Chocolate Wrap - which I thought was going to leave scald marks on my skin. The beauty therapist did not speak much English and my spanish lessons did not really cover this kind of situation, but I managed to get by. However, my friend who relys on me to speak for us felt totally out of her depth when alone having her wrap. And only found out her treatment was over when the lady eventually came back into the room and told her that she must leave as she needed to clean the room. You also had to pay extra if you wanted to use the gym. But you could get a E10 2hour spa deal at the spa reception.

Our room was lovely if not a little dusty on the surfaces. The furniture on the balcony was really nice, none of this plastic stuff, but lacked a table, but we used the glass one from the room. The flat screen tv was a really nice touch.

If you want a tv remote, (or indeed towels for the pool) you need to leave a E10 deposit. The safe was E15 for the week. Just one point on the remote, there is a pic of an ear, if you push that on an English speaking programme that has been dubed and press the downward arrow, this would usually change the programme into English, which means that you are not just limited to the 3 English channels.

There was a good variety of food, although I found the suppers could be a little one tracked - Like one night everything had cheese on it (I am allergic to cheese) another night all sea food - which I love, except being pregnant I have to be careful. But I found that the lunch time suited me more. The deserts look so tempting - but that was just a ploy!!! I love cakes, but in the end just opted for the melon, as this was a safer option as you knew what it would taste like. We arranged a picnic for one day, the box it came in was lovely, but the food maybe more suited to a Spanish person.

The hotel staff were very friendly. Sherry the rep for trips (everyone's welcome) is in the main reception area 4-7pm each day. The hotel was in a really good central location.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Firstly a warning about Resorthoppa, we have used it many times in the past and the service used to be good, but the last few times we have used it we have been kept hanging around for an hour or more waiting for transport to our resort. On the return journey from Benidorm to the airport we were picked up at 06.15am for a 10.45am flight this totally ruined our last night because we had to get up at 05.30am the next morning, and go without breakfast or a hot drink to catch the bus, if we had booked a Taxi we would have left the Hotel at 09.15am, so be warned.
Now the Hotel Sandos Monico, we stayed at this Hotel last October, all inclusive and it was excellent, but I must say the standards have slipped since our last visit. The hotel had quite a few large Stag and Hen parties staying there and they were mostly loud with foul mouths and drunk most of the time. Their behavior disturbed the majority of the other guests and the Hotel allowed it to continue to the detriment of the civilised guests.
The room:- (409) comfortable beds, dirty wardrobe with one of the doors coming away from its runner. The bathroom had a dirty floor with various stains and footprints we reported it to reception but the floor went uncleaned for our entire stay.
Reception:- It took us half an hour to check in.
Dining room:- Nice room shame about the food, the breakfast lacked choice and the food was of a poor quality and mainly cold. Lunch was the best meal of the day with plenty of choice but the food wasn't always hot enough. Dinner for some reason was always inferior to Lunch with a lack of choice poor cuts of meat and rarely hot enough.
Bars:- The service was mainly good, the local beer was OK (cruzcampo)), the rest of the drinks were cheap own brands typically 5€ per bottle at the supermarkets and they mainly tasted disgusting.
Public areas/toilets:- were mainly clean and well maintained.
Location:- excellent, a short walk to the old town, the beach bars and entertainment.

Reviewed 5 November 2010

I did a lot of hotel research beforehand and was a little dubious about a few comments regarding hotel staff. However I got the hotel at a good price and went in open minded. From the moment I walked into the hotel I felt a certain class about it. I requested a low floor and was put on the 2nd floor, I walked into the room and was amazed at how big the room and bathroom was, The two beds were large and comfy. the plasma/lcd tv only had a few english music channels but that didnt bother me 10 eur returnable deposit for remote. The room does contain a fridge which is useful for bottled water etc.

The food was extremely good with a wide range of options available. The location of the hotel was perfect. 5 mins from the beach and 10 mins from the old town, 5 mins walk to the bookies if you fancy a dabble or the nightlife if you fancy being entertained.

The hotel entertainment does lack a little, but the sofas in the area are big and comfortable, the drinks are of high quality with a number of cocktails available free if you are all inclusive. Other entertainment is available minutes walk away if you choose.

The barstaff/cleaners who cleaned and changed everyday/the chef and waitress and the entertainer all work extremely hard. I found them all to be polite. I did thank them in Spanish which helps and I did tip them a few times because I genuinely felt they deserved it.

A number of spanish people do stay at the hotel, which for me says it all. I've stayed at a number of all inclusives in Benidorm and this for me is the best. It is definitely an exellent value for money 4 star. I would recommend anybody and will be returning.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

We have just returned from this hotel, pool was disappointing as the water was freezing cold -my 7 year old daughter who loves swimming -never swam the whole week due to the temperature. The sea was actually warmer.

Food excellent choice.

Entertainment -not very good-spanish run hotel -need to have an entertainment programme for the little ones.

Bar staff-some were friendly but some were just ignorant to you and it seemed as if it was too much trouble to serve you. Also, preferential treatment to the Spaniards who were staying there-they tended to serve their own first -which was annoying

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sandos Monaco hotel for one week and had a great time. After reading the reviews (which were mainly good) it certainly lived up to it's reputation. The hotel is in a good location, just five minutes walk to the Levante Beach and approx ten minutes to the Old Town and Poniente Beach, which is a far nicer part of Benidorm with it's palm tree lined promenade. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are all very pleasant and helpful apart from one barman who is very surly. We found the food to be very good and I don't know what people mean about it being of poor quality as we didn't experience that at all. The breakfasts were extremely good catering for all tastes and although we didn't eat in the restaurant at lunch time (only having a snack in the pool bar) the food looked very good with plenty of choice. Food at dinner time in the evening was lovely with plenty of choice again, fish, meats salad etc. and the puddings were to die for! Entertainment wasn't that fantastic but it didn't spoil our holiday at all. The rooms are very spacious with a lovely large bathroom and flat screened television which we had to tune in ourselves to receive any channels, and two double beds. Daytime there are plenty of sunbeds and nobody seemed to save them by putting their towels on as you could usually find some and although the pool area is mostly shaded, the sun terrace gets the sun from about 10 a.m. until late afternoon. All in all, this is one of the best hotels for the money we have stayed in and would definitely go back again - probably next year!

2  Thank Babs080