“A total surprise!”

Ranked #17 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A total surprise!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Arrived at the Presidente on 12/07/2011 and was greeted by a very friendly reception staff who spoke excellent English, we were given our room keys and directed to our room which was extremely spacious, we even had a jacuzzi bath. On the 7th floor we were opposite JOKERS bar and were concerned about the noise but it didn't really affect us.
Breakfast was very nice plenty to choose from especially for a fussy eater like myself, if you could not make Lunch a packed one would be prepared for you if you told them by 8pm the previous night, Dinner was lovely lots to choose from and a different menu every night, very helpful and friendly Restaurant staff especially Fernando.
The pool was lovely but some days if you wanted one with some shade it was essential to queue before 9 to get a sun bed with an umbrella as a lot of guest 'reserved' beds with towels and then went out for several hours, we did however come at different times and found beds so I guess it can differ.
The hotel was very central to the beach and to bus stops, Mundomar and Aqualandia are opposite and the stop for Terra Mitica and Terra Natura are on the other side of the road near the ONCE Booth, its 1.30 for a single and is the best way of seeing the town and cheaper than the taxis, if you go into the Old Town highly recommended there is an Irish bar called O'Mara's near the church which is cheap and has friendly staff.
Levante beach is one of the best I have been too, very clean!!
All in all the staff at the Presidente were great especially the two young lads at the desk, dinner was fab and the location is unbeatable, ignore the nit pick reviews me and my boyfriend would love to come back!

4 Thank ray1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Location was right on a main street and easy walking distance to bars and nightlife.
We went here as a girlie weekend break. The hotel was good enough considering we paid £90 for two nights half board.
When we arrived they had saved us a packed lunch which i thought was really good.
We didnt really eat in the hotel but had a few bad reports about the food.
The rooms we're ok too. air con in the room and small balcony. we were at the front on the 2nd floor which some people might say was too noisey but we are heavy sleepers so made no difference to us where we were.

As this was only a weekend break with a friend, i couldnt really fault it but i wouldnt have gone here for a weeks holiday as the hotel was abit dated.

The pool was big enough, again nothing to shout about.
Overall this was a basic hotel in a great location if you want to go out to bars and clubs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shellipop
County Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in july, thought some of the reviews here dont give the hotel justice, we found it a great hotel, lovely rooms, great cleaner, the food was great and a wide selection available, we booked half board because it was cheap but expected to eat dinner out most nights, actual fact we didnt eat out one night the food was so nice.
We are a couple aged 26, found the entertainment in the hotel very good and we were so close to all the other night life also as the hotel is in a great location, we didnt use pool as we like the beach but it is only a short walk to the beach.
If i had to dig for a complaint it would probably be that the staff were not that friendly (except cleaner) but i just put that down to us not understanding each other very well.
If we were going back to Benidorm this is the hotel I would be booking!!

Room Tip: Our room was on 6th floor, lift can be slow, we faced out to the town but it wasnt noisy.
3 Thank michellelagan2016
yorkshire
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Just returned from a week at this hotel, The hotel itself is close to the beach & nightlife an ideal spot if your up for a fun packed holiday. I would recommend going full board here as the food was very good & plenty of choice, The hotel is very clean & rooms are cleaned daily. If this hotel has one draw back it would be that you sometimes get noise from the surrounding clubs...But hey this is Benidorm it's to be expected.

4 Thank Rich C
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for four nights with our 3 year old daughter from 12th-16th July 2011. The hotel was pretty much what I expected it to be for a 3* hotel in the middle of Benidorm. The check in was fairly quick and easy, which was good with a 3 year old in tow and all the staff were very friendly. The cleaner was excellent and cleaned/tidied our room every day. The hotel was quiet in the evenings, so little ones can get to sleep easily. Location wise, it is situated on the main road, but is within a 5 minute walk to the beach, bars and restauraunts. The pool area was mostly clean and tidy. No fights for sun beds or parasols even at 9am!!! The pool itself wasn't cold, but was a bit slippery underfoot possibly due to all the suncream floating about in the water (can't be helped, but nothing that a pair of rubbery shoes for the little one didn't sort out). Can't really point out many issues with this hotel except the following:
1) Hotel a bit tired, shabby and basic in places, but worthy of its 3* status
2) No sort of decent entertainment for kids
3) Drinks were NOT free with meals. We stayed FULL BOARD and were expecting the drinks to be free with meals, but you only got them with breakfast. Not so much of an issue really, but I supposed it would have been a problem for anyone who hadn't budgeted for this.
4) Wide selection of buffet food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but if you want vegetables with your evening meal I hope you like green beans because that was all they served!!
Overally, it was a nice break from home, but wouldn't want to stay any longer than 4 nights.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank wendyebbs
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2011

It was way back in June 2010 that one of my best mates and I decided to go here in June 2011 . After looking at the reviews we settled on the Presidente Hotel and I was confident with other recommends that this hotel wouldbe excellent for our holidays - We weren't disappointed. After all we waited almost 12 months until we went lol.

All the staff, on Reception, the Bar, the Restaurant, the Cleaners were all very friendly, helpful, efficient and hard working to ensure you had the best holiday you could have.

On arrival check-in was quick and efficient, we even had a packed lunch made up as we missed dinner time due to the transfer coach waiting for other passengers.
The food - oh wow - I have been travelling aboad most of my life, and this was the best food abroad I have ever had. Breakfasts consisted of loads of different breads which you could toast, with butter, jam. There were pastries such as Belgian Buns, fresh fruits, a full english breakfast, very tasty indeed, everything done to a turn - free drinks were offered too - Pineapple juice, Orange, Mixed Fruit, Hot Chocolate, Tea / Coffee.

Lunchtime and Dinnertime:- Menus were always displayed for the day, a nice touch, but we never bothered looking as we aren't fussy eaters. Mainly consisted of Soup, a pasta dish, a fish dish and 2 meat dishes with veg, salad and bread. Followed by at least 6 different sweets ranging from a trifle to fresh fruit or from sponge cake to ice cream, drinks on both sittings were chargeable but very reasonable.

Our Rooms - we were on the 2nd floor, it looks as if the communal areas and rooms had a recent refurb, they looked spot on and ket clean and tidy all the time. Our maid service was excellent and had crunchy clean towels every day and the bathroom wiped down everyday. Our air con was quite noisy, i have no idea how Tom got to sleep with it whirring away, and I had ear plugs in and could still here it. Aside from that, even with the windows open, after the first night we both slept very reasonable.
Rooms were suitably equipped and we opted for a safe key which worked out at 25 Euros for 11 nights. Plenty of wardrobe space too.

The Resort - we were slap bang in the middle of the action - loads of shops, bars, restaurants, nik nak shops and of course Tribute acts and nightclubs.
The main action was on or just off Calle Gerona, the full stretch was alive. Our favourite places to go were "Morgan's Tavern", a crazy golf, Indian Restaurant called India Gate, Hippodrome Nightclub, free to get in, Happy Hour all night, open til 8am most mornings, full of hot girls in there hehe.
Plenty of food and drink offers as you walk down past the Benidorm Centre (big shopping mall, you can't miss it) just take your time and look at the boards as you walk past.
Be aware of the idiots with peas under the cups, AVOID THESE !!!
Also not far away from Morgan's, in front of Ambassador Hotel, Round Town Travel is a good place to go for excursions, you can go to hotel recpetion or see your rep there, but here they do special offers and deals, usually works out cheaper than hotel.
We went on 2 trips - one to Mundomar, the Sea-World centre - good value and only about a 30 min walk from our hotel, near Benidorm Palace (worth a visit).

2nd trip was with the Downhill Bike Ride (www.thedownhillbikeride.com) our guides were Alistair and Gary, they were both fantastic and look after you - excellent, even if you don't cycle at all or much, give this a go. A lunch - meal and drink for 5 Euros - and it was good, especially the Stew. I promised to give them a mention, so say hi when you go on this trip.
A thoroughly enjoyable time, and hope to repeast it sooner rather than later, we were so chilled out that I didn't want to go back to work. Oh dear what's that - my boss is calling me in,lol. Gotta go again, nuff said. Have fun, Neil.

Room Tip: On booking ask for a room overlooking swimming pool. Tiny extra cost, but worth it.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Neil B
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This was mine and my friend's first trip to Benidorm and we weren't sure what to expect from the hotel or the area. I normally stay in 3 star hotels and all I want is a clean hotel, edible food and friendly staff.

The hotel itself is dated, everything was probably fantastic about twenty years ago (the certificates stating it was the best hotel in the Costa Blanca in 1990 confirm this!) and it is need of a refurbishment. The rooms are good but I was annoyed that a lot of the facilities in the room were chargeable - the television remote was 15 euros and I think a fridge was 40 but we made do without. There are hairdryers in the room but I recommend that you take your own as they are really poor at the task. We had a pool facing room as standard with a travel agent's and was thankful as it kept a lot of the noise out at night.

The pool area is fine but again, could do with the facelift. The sunloungers are crammed in and they are a bit rickety. The pool had loose tiles in the shallow end and places where rows of tiles are missing. The poolside toilets are appalling, there is no sign that they are ever cleaned and the people treat them with sheer disrespect. I recommend going to you room to use your own. I went in one day and there was urine all over the toilet seat and floor. Another day, my friend went in there, slipped on the wet floor and smacked her head.

Now, to the food, which is probably the most memorable part of the holiday for all the wrong reasons. Breakfast was probably the best meal of the day but lunch and dinner was always a bit hit and miss. When there was paella I was happy but it was only there twice in a week. For the rest of the week, you had to choose from whatever could be put in a deep fat fryer: onion rings, spring rolls, chips by the bucket load, pies, pasties, all the stereotypical greasy tasteless food the Spanish probably characterise as 'English'. A lot of the options felt like it had been thrown together by someone who was trying to use up the contents of the fridge. For example, one day there was roast lamb, chips and stir fried vegetables, which in my opinion, don't really go together. We ended up eating out a lot, but a word to the wise, it doesn't get a lot better outside of the hotel, as they tend to be fast food outlets posing as restaurants.

The staff weren't the friendliest - they were helpful but everything seemed to be done with reluctance and without a smile. It doesn't really put you in the greatest holiday mood.

Saying this though, a lot of people we spoke to were Benidorm veterans and they said it was one of the better places to stay in the city. However, judging it from an outsider and a first timer, I remain unconvinced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends