“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #16 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just back yesterday from a week at the Presidente Hotel.
Why have I said it's a lovely hotel and then only given it 3 stars?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, its spotlessly clean, has great staff and the food is lovely. The ONE and ONLY reason I've given it 3 stars is because of the large volumes of male groups that turned up at the back end of the week and seemed to think it acceptable to sit round the pool swearing (of the worst kind!) all day, getting blind drunk and to then leave the pool area looking like a bomb site!
I've nothing against anyone having fun and I know it was the start of the world cup when they all turned up but there is a time and a place for that sort of language and IMO a pool side is not one of them..think families with children and the elderly and you might understand where I'm coming from.
This is our second visit to the Presidente and because of the above I'm sad to say it will most probably be our last.
On a final note the UK comedy club below the hotel is an absolute gem, we saw dome great acts there and two must sees are the hilariously funny Jimmy Bright and Crissy Rock, we saw both of them three times and laughed so much our jaws ached..brilliant :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
LilLou25
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Having been benidorm a few times over the last years I usually stay just around the corner from here, but being on a girlie hol we stayed somewhere more budget.

But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Although not a huge variety on the food it was good, and always hot. The staff are excellent and very accommodating.

Pool area is clean as are the rooms, and the bed I had was pretty comfy, although one of my room mates wasn't so lucky!

Only downside is you have to pay for a pool view and all other rooms face nightclubs and bars. I was a little worried about this but they weren't as loud as I was expecting and we were on the 3rd floor.

I wouldn't rule out staying again if I was to have another girlie trip away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
WEST YORKSHIRE
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just returned from the presidente hotel Benidorm what can I say it was first class from start to finish the food was fantastic as were all the staff the rooms were cleaned daily towels changed daily its just a five min walk to beach very central I would highly recommend this hotel would use this hotel again I would give it a 4*at least thanks again to all at the presidente benidorm

Room Tip: choose a ground floor or first floor pool facing gets the sun
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diane P
Burton upon Trent, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, spotlessly clean, lovely staff and excellent food. However, the cabaret club in the basement is very disappointing. They have several tribute singers - the Lionel Richie one and the Rod Stewart one were excellent, but the comedians were awful. They were foul mouthed and offensive, particularly Crissy Rock, who as not funny, every other word began with F, and who seemed to only want to insult everyone. This is so sad when the hotel staff work so hard

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel, avoid the cabaret bar
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Strathwillan
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

yes my first time in this hotel i spent 7 wonderful nights with my wife Margaret we went half board,
on our arrival we wear met by lovely staff when we arrived the food 10 out of 10 could not find a fault and the staff could not have been more helpful over all this hotel speak for it self

Room Tip: rooms facing pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank James L
sanquhar
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel was clean, the food hot and good, the staff friendly and helpful, the location excellent but the hardness of the beds left us both with sore backs for a week!
Twice there was salmon available, once hot and grilled and once cold and poached; it was delicious. The seafood selection was lovely.
The rooms are not huge but are more than adequate and the light and sound proofing are excellent. 10/10 except for the beds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SanquharJazz
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My daughter & 20 other friends & family returned to The Presidente for her hen party.
We had a wonderful time, the hotel suited all our varying ages, preferences etc..
The staff were all very friendly & helpful. Food was better even than I remembered it. Rooms clean & comfortable. Even though we didn't upgrade to poolside this time, we had no trouble with noise from the street, we kept the patio doors closed & air-conditioning on.
Thanks to all the people working there who helped make our party a success.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends