“One of the best 4 star hotels we've stayed in.”

Hotel RH Princesa & Spa
Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Spent a week in hotel Princesa in early October. From start to finish, reception & hotel staff extremely helpful & friendly. Restaurant food was superb : fresh fish & steaks grilled for you before your eyes, and an enormous variety changing daily. Really couldn't fault anything here. We didn't bother eating out, which we normally do on holiday. Evening entertainment top class and a variety of additional facilities, although some, such as spa & sauna, incur a modest charge. Hotel is 6 to 8 minutes easy walk from beach, and about 12 minutes to the old-town shopping centre with its supermarkets and shopping malls. Rooms very clean and quite spacious with modern multi-channel lcd tv so you can gloat at UK weather forecasts. It's noticeable that there are lots of Spaniards spending their holiday in this hotel, which seems a very good sign. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone spending a holiday in Benidorm.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side overlook the pool area and get sun on the balcony from about 11am to 4pm. Nice t...
3  Thank 683,305
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Guest,

A very good morning from Benidorm and thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Princesa after your stay in October at “one of the best 4*s you have stayed in”.

I must say how very pleased I am to have such meaningful feedback; all the team work very hard and praise of this nature make it all worthwhile.

Excellent to hear how much you enjoyed the food and variety. Rooms are cleaned daily and yes we have a range of top UK TV channels, BBC1, 2. ITV1, 2, 4 and others, so for those who like to keep up with their soaps or UK news and favourite programmes then this is an added bonus. Location is ideal for the “old town”, beach, shops and bars etc…

We are very proud to hear that you would highly recommend our hotel and we certainly hope that you come back to visit us again soon,

I sned you my very best wishes for Christmas,

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 1/12/12 until 8/12/12 that,s right we returned home yesterday. It was for my Husband and myself. The hotel is definately 4star the staff are 10star they were all wonderful. I had my purse stolen at the shops the morning after we arrived the gentleman and young lady on reception were wonderful they rang my bank to stop the debit/credit cards and directed me to the police station. They were wonderful a big thank you to them. I had put my passports and money which was not needed in the safety deposit box. I always pay for a deposit box it is well worth the few Euro,s On a lighter note the food was lovely there is so much variety I can not have Gluten or Wheat and there was plenty for me to eat . The presentation and variety of dishes is wonderful Well done chefs and waiting on staff. The bedroom was perfect excellent decor very very clean. Beds very comfortable the maids kept the room lovely mini bar and English channels on TV . I used the Spa and pool daily which was lovely I thought the Evening entertainment was very good the facilities at the hotel are well planned in good order and a pleasure to use. The location is very good near to shops bus stop about 10 minutes to walk to beach. We have stayed at lots of Hotels in Spain and the Baleriacs but the staff have made this our No1 Hotel Thank you Princesa also for the surprise bottle of Champagne for my Husbands birthday.

Room Tip: We were on 9th floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LancashireLesley
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Good Morning Lesley from Lancashire,

What a great review of our “Fantastic Hotel” RH Princesa, thank you for your time dedicated in sharing your thoughts of the hotel and our “10* star” staff.

Sorry you had the misfortune of having your purse stolen; I am pleased though we were able to offer you assistance in resolving the matter.

I will share your review with all the team and I am sure they will be thrilled their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. The chef I am sure will be very happy that you enjoyed the food, presentation and variety on offer.

Our facilities within the hotel appear to have ticked all the right boxes for you and that is very good to hear.

Thank you so very much Lesley from all staff here at your number one hotel, we wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and we hope to see you again in the very near future,

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We had visited Benidorm on numerous occasions before but had never been to this hotel before.
Stayed 10 to 17 November 2012, all inclusive. Excellent!!!. Rooms very (and even more) clean, cleaned every day. Food was excellent every service. I think my favourites were the monkfish and roast red pepper paella and spinach and chckpea soup!!!!!!!!! This isn't an adults only hotel but only saw 2 children all week.
Fab hotel for us 'oldies'.

Disapponted with the 'in house' spa/health club, only very limited hours, extra cost, plus had to have swimhats, flipflops rather than sandals and goggles to even get in, so didn't bother.

The hotel itself, restaurant, bar and staff were excellent throughout and highly recommended. If you want the 'spa' side of it, get the info beforehand.

We would love to return, if we are able. Maybe 2013 will be better than 2012.

Room Tip: High rise, so request high or low. High is quieter, only if you prefer. Lifts (when we stayed) wer...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tivvey53

Hello Tivvey53,

Good morning from bright and sunny Benidorm and thank you for your kind review of the Hotel RH Princesa.

Having visited Benidorm on numerous occasions I am delighted that you chose to stay with us this time and enjoyed our “excellent hotel”. Our chef will be smiling like a Cheshire cat when I tell him you enjoyed his food and every service was excellent.

Bathing caps and flip flops are a health requirement in the spa. Some operators have an agreement for the use of the indoor pool of one hour per day.

Thank you for recommending our hotel, it’s great to hear how you enjoyed your holiday and thank you for sharing your views with fellow travellers

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Reviewed 5 December 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a really enjoyable week long winter break at the Princesa, we were on the 5th floor in a corner room which is what I had asked for, if it was available, and the hotel were really obliging. The rooms were of good standard and was cleaned every day by friendly cheerful staff. We found the staff on reception very helpful and always had a "Hola" greeting for you when you walked past them. We found the Dining room was always busy, but again friendly staff would always try to accommodate you, we found the cold buffet was good but the hot food was disappointing. The location of the hotel was very good with the old town and the beach around a 10 minute walk away. We would recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning there for a spring break.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkyLancashire

Good Morning Sparky from Lancashire,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Princesa after your recent and really enjoyable week long break.

It’s good to hear that we were able to accommodate you in the room of your choice and that your friendly maid cleaned your room every day.

I will share your comments with all the team who will be happy to hear you found them all to be friendly and accommodating. I have noted your comment on the buffet and will review.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we certainly hope to see you again in the spring, until then take care,

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This was the third time we visited this hotel and it was pleasing to tfind that the high standard was still in place.cleanliness was excellent,food was very good for high volume hotel buffet style.
Perhaps the only problem for this hotel would be the slight incline for the disabled,however there are plenty of electric chairs for the genuinely disabled although some use this facility to pub crawl as they are not disabled and cannot be bothered to walk.Only problem was the attendance and availability of a thomsons rep.Would certainly return.

3  Thank egonGlasgow
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Hello EgonGlasgow,

A very good afternoon from Benidorm. Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Hotel RH Princesa and sharing your thoughts with the fellow travellers and for visiting us on three separate occasions.

It is great to hear that you our high standards are maintained, that is excellent feedback for us and also for pointing out the excellent food on the buffet.

The slight incline doesn’t usually put anyone off, as it is just a stones throw from the road. There are of course electric wheelchairs available for hire for those that need them and they are quite popular I must admit for those who wish to use them for fun, they are featured on the Benidorm series and have become very popular around town.

We certainly hope that you return to see us again in the near future and once again thank you for sharing your opinion,

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We have just spent 11 days at this hotel having travelled by HIGHCLIFFE COACHES the whole trip was Exelent every little detail was thought out and hopefully will go back in February .The hotel was very clean, comfortable beds and the food was very good, staff very helpful,all you need for a stress free holiday .I don't give praise lightly ,but in this case i rate this hotel 10 out of 10.

8  Thank 181mike
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Good Morning Mike,

From a sunny and mild day in Benidorm, still 21 degrees! I am delighted Mike you have taken time to write a review of the Hotel RH Princesa after your 11 day stay at our hotel.

It’s very reassuring to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking, from the cleanliness to comfort and food, along with our helpful staff.

We certainly hope to see you back again soon, in the meantime from all the team here at the hotel we send our

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We have a place in Torrevieja and have been travelling there for the past 4 years butnever travelled up to Benidorm.

I thought i wouldnt be keen but was pleasantly surprised by both the town and the hotel.

We only stayed 2 days and got a great full board deal. Food was more than adequate and plenty of choice. Dont think i could mange full board for much longer than the 2 days as kept eating too much :).

Situation of the hotel i felt was fantastic, 5 minutes either way into the old town or the livelier bars, so suitable for any type of customer.

for a 4* the rooms are quite basic and as others have said could do with a bit of an upgrade but i would definitely stay here when we go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank grogdog

Hello Grogdog,

Thank You for reviewing the Hotel RH Princesa and choosing to stay with us on your first visit to Benidorm.

I am very pleased you found the location of the Hotel was “fantastic”, we are in a very central location.

I think we all tend to slightly over indulge when on holiday especially if the food is good and as you say plenty of choice.

We certainly hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Benidorm and have noted your comment on the rooms,