“"Lovely easter break"”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“"Lovely easter break"”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My Boyfriend took me on my first trip to Benidorm, during the easter break,I was a little reluctant after hearing different stories about the place.
Well I must tell you I was wonderfully surprised, friendly clean and in a wonderful location.
Me and my boyfriend enjoy laying in the sun, having a few cheeky drinks, walking and going to the gym.This hotel has it all. The only thing I could say bad about it was waiting for the lift, but it wasn't has bad as people made out. Also for your information they were building a new lift while we were there, so I think it will make this situation better.
Thank you to my wonderful boyfriend for taking me on such a lovely holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Stinkypinky123
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Good Morning Stinkypinky!!

Thank you for writing about your “Lovely Easter break”, at the Hotel RH Princesa.

I am pleased that any “stories you heard” were untrue and great to hear what a great time you had.

It is true we are in the process of adding 2 lifts, after our guest feedback it was evident that we could improve on this service and as you suggest this will ease the situation at peak times.

Thank you for choosing our hotel; it was a pleasure having you stay and we hope to see you again soon,

Hotel RH Princesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The hotel is located in the centre of Benidorm, only a 5 minute walk to the Old Town and equally to the busy Calle Gerona and Levante beach.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were checked in by a pleasant man on reception who gave us our room key and a welcome drink. Our room was on a high floor overlooking the swimming pool, the room was very clean and furnished to a good standard with flat screen tv. The balcony was large and had a table, chairs and a clothes drier. It was nice to sit out in the sun, getting away from the freezing weather back home.

After settling in it was time for lunch and we were greeted by a friendly member of staff at the restaurant door. As soon as we were seated a waiter came over to take the drinks order and as we were all inclusive we expected the usual glasses of local drinks. This was not the case as we got premium brands including bottles of san miguel, wine and coca cola. There was a good choice of food from meats, to salads and show cooking, even for the fussiest of eaters. What I liked was the soup, it was piping hot and appetizing. In the main buffet, the steam could be seen rising from the hot food indicating it was freshly cooked and not left lying.

The restaurant itself was pleasant to dine in and nothing was a bother for the staff, they did not get flustered when the restaurant was crowded, tables were cleared quickly and cleaned ready for the next diners.

I found the selection of drinks on the all inclusive package to be of very good quality, you could get a San Miguel on draft or a freshly made cocktail in addition to the spirits and liquers. On some occassions we got premium brands and paid a vastly reduced price on them, 1 euro for a smirnoff and mixer or 60 cents for a Guiness, a bargain.

The staff behind the bar work very hard and we found them to be very pleasant and cheerful. We would like to thank big Raul the waiter for his excellent service in keeping us refreshed during our stay as we Scots drink like fish, lol. The bar manager Jesus enjoyed some Scottish banter with us. "A pint of lager Aye". Sebastian a very cheerful man, allways dancing around.

In the evening the entertainment is geared towards the Spanish guests with live music and shows, this did not bother us as there was a good atmosphere in the lounge. The Spanish know how to enjoy themselves with dancing.

The rooms are cleaned thoughroughly by the maid on a daily basis and towels and linen are changed frequently.

Although the hotel is predominantly Spanish, everyone is made to feel very welcome. As our time at the hotel was over, we were sad to leave as we met a lot of nice people.

Thank you all at the Princesa for a great holiday, we will return to the hotel in the near future.

Top tip: Go to the beach bar in Levante beach and see Pablo Bloom the singer, he does a good variety of music including, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly and Elvis, he really gets the crowd going.

Room Tip: The high floors overlooking the pool get a partial sea view and the sun for most of the day.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Haggis M
Good Morning JA in Glasgow,

From a warm and sunny Benidorm. What a pleasure to read your review of the Hotel RH Princesa. I would like to send my sincere thanks for taking time to share your opinion with fellow travellers.

I will share your kind comments with all the team; it’s very motivating for us all to receive such positive feedback.

We hope you return again for another “fantastic” stay,

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have just returned from a week's all inclusive stay at the princesa with my husband and teenage son and daughter. On arrival we were met by extremely pleasant reception staff nothing was too much trouble. Our rooms were comfortable clean with the added bonus of a flat screen tv with English channels also our rooms were next to each other . The bar staff polite pleasant and with a happy smile however busy they are . The drinks and food was always of high quality with a range of choice so that there is something for everyone in fact this holiday our 17 year old daughter who is fussy with her food ate more than on any other holiday we have been on . We also liked the English tea bags that were available too . A Very clean pool area in fact the whole place was spotlessley clean we spent a pleasant afternoon in the spa which we virtually had to ourselves there was a kids club and activities for the younger children the entertainment was also very good . There was some waiting around for the lifts at busy times as there's four lifts and lots of floors however there is work going on to build two large lifts on the outside of the hotel the work was carried out at times of the day to cause the least disruption in fact there was work going on across the hallway from our rooms and very little noise .We had a very pleasant holiday at a very well run friendly hotel and will be returning again as.

Room Tip: The higher up on the pool facing side has the best views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank oscieang123
Hello Oscieang,

Thank you for taking time to review the Hotel RH Princesa after your recent “Easter holiday”.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your family holiday at our hotel, from the food, cleanliness and our helpful staff. Many guests appreciate the English channels and little touches like the tea bags you mention, always nice to watch your favourite channels and have a nice cuppa!

We hope to welcome you back again one day soon and are delighted that everything was to your liking,

Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This hotel is excellent, the food ,entertainment and service were all first class at an amazing price. My only dissapoinyment was, our party went there to practice bowls and we took the precaution of asking the hotel if this facility was available and received the following reply confirming that it was.
"Si tendremos el servicio de bowls disponible para las fechas que usted desea."
On our arrival we were told that it was not possible as the artificial green was being used for children due to arrive later in the week. As we could have made our booking for different dates anyway we found this to be a let down, especially as we were planning to bring a party of 30 or so from our club next winter.
But, if you want a well run hotel in Benidorm (without bowls) you will not go far wrong choosing this one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank doremouse22
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Hello Doremouse22,

Thank you for writing about stay at the Hotel RH Princesa and a “great hotel”.

As you know we are investigating what happened with the bowling and will be in touch in due course.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and all other aspects of the hotel,

We certainly hope we can welcome you back again in the future and that you will be able to enjoy our bowling in the winter season,

Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a good hotel for Benidorm old town but not necessarily for people with walking difficulties as it is up a hill from the main road and the beach, also coaches drop you off on the main road and you then have to carry or wheel your luggage to the entrance. The staff on reception where very pleasant and check in swift.
The bedroom we had was on the 11th floor and the room overlooked the pool area and a residential apartment block with a view of the sea between the gaps. The room itself was ok in the great scheme of hotel rooms nothing much to write home about the bathroom was extremely tired looking very 80s in tiling some of which were cracked and mouldy the bath was a half size with a shower over, the shower head could do with a descale, the towels were fresh and changed daily the cleanliness of the bathroom needed to be done more thoroughly as on arrival there was a large black hair adhering itself to the tiles by the sink and then one stuck to the floor tiles one day , I guess it arrived on the mop from another room. The management did send up a kettle and cups to the room on arrival as I had emailed the hotel to find out if the rooms had them as a normal service which it isn't at this hotel they are only on request. 10 out of 10 for reading emails and acting on them.
The lifts are a bit frustrating at busy times as
they don't always stop when you have requested them you do eventually get one though as there a four to choose from two are larger so you can get more in them.
The dining room staff were very friendly and helpful they work well as a team and Natalie
was extremely pleasant when you arrived, one of the waitresses was extremely helpful when I accidentally knocked a glass of rosé wine over,most of the contents spilling over my partners shirt she saw the problem and acted swiftly and brought a spray over and sprayed the stain thankfully it worked and the stain has gone when the shirt was washed. She was a credit to the hotel. The dining room experience was not the best otherwise it is very canteen like again could do with an upgrade as the paint on the ceiling was peeling in places. The ingredients for the menu were good but put into the hands of the catering staff came out mediocre the food was barely hot at times and there were no hot plates to put it on, there was a microwave to re warm it if you wanted to but not what you would expect to do in a 4 star hotel, breakfast was perhaps the best meal of the day except for the toasters that didn't toast on the first run through of the bread and twice through you got a burnt side and a golden side even if you tried to be clever and turn the bread over on the second run through. Why can't hotels get a decent toaster that does the job? If you want a quiet dining room experience to enjoy what food you have I suggest dining early at all meals because if you dine at busy times the decibel level in the dining room is unbelievably noisy and you end up making it worse for having to talk louder to combat it.
The outdoor pool area is better than some hotels although I guess in high season it could get busy, and the indoor pool and treatment centre has a 6 euro charge for 2 hours if you want to use it, it isn't free a shame really as it felt as if you weren't welcome to use it as a guest where other hotels we have stayed at in the winter months you are able to use the indoor pool as part of your package with the hotel.
All in all we had a good holiday at this hotel for what we had paid for it and should it come up again at a reasonable price I would consider giving it another go, would I choose it against others of a similar star rating in the same area at a full price rate then possibly not as I think we could do better. I have tried with this review to be as honest as I can and I don't wish to knock the people who work here who are doing a good job in bad economical times and I guess like the rest of us are having to give more for less and still keep up standards. It's not the worst hotel in Benidorm but its not the best.
At least the sun was out for the week and it made a change from a week at home in the cold.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Travelomet
Good Morning Travelomet,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our Hotel RH Princesa.

We have taken note of all your feedback and will do our very best to improve in areas highlighted.

We have passed your excellent feedback to Natalie and the Restaurant team, too.

S.Wales
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My Wife and I had a 2 week holiday at this hotel In March 2013 , I have only one word to describe our room,---------Rubish!,if I never go on holiday again I would not go there again, free,. The dust in the room was disgusting I slid my finger on the surface of the bedside phone and my finger was covered by dirty dust, I had the same dust on the soles of my room slippers, I looked under the bed, and it was obviously dusty and dirty. Another problem was the transport from and to the airport, on arriving at the airport, we were transfered at one of the drop off Hotels, and taken to our hotel by taxi, and on the return in the early morning, picked up around 7: 00 AM, by a taxi and Dropped off near a Hotel and had to wait in the bitter cold on the pavement, with our cases for a bus to turn up to continue to the airport. We are both over 70 years and did us no good at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wilmar83
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Princesa & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Wilmar83,

I am so sorry to read your review and would appreciate very much is you could contact us by mail and let us know which room you have occupied in the Hotel.

We have checked our records and have no record than anyone has reported such a matter to reception. I am guessing this you didn’t bring this to our attention. I can tell you this is very unusual for us to have a complaint about cleanliness and we want to be able to investigate the matter and make sure this does not happen again.

I cannot comment on your transfer this service is not provided by the hotel,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Just back from 5 nights at RH Princesa. This is a perfectly fine hotel and fitted the bill for our short trip to the sun. It's very clean and while the first impressions of our room were not brilliant (would have preferred a higher floor) - there was absolutely no noise and it was handy being on the first floor as did not have to wait for lifts. Half board was fine, the food was of a good standard - the salads were especially lovely - and the usual buffet style provided plenty choice for anyone. At this time of year the demographic of the guests is probably average age 60 and due to the holiday in the area on the Tuesday - was full of Spanish guests in the main.
Benidorm itself was unexpectedly pleasant, no doubt helped by the gorgeous weather. OK so has its fair share of 'British' pubs and holiday makers spending their every waking hour at a bar, but apart from that, the sun shone, the beach was beautiful and the ambiance relaxed. Everyone just wants to have a good time. And we did.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be exactly the same, apart from the view from higher floors. So if you w...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katheross
Good Afternoon Katheross,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Princesa, after your “perfectly fine” short trip to the sun.

We did in fact have a Spanish bank holiday last week and the weather was pretty good too! Very nice to hear you enjoyed the food and that the hotel fitted the bill for you. Benidorm is a great place and the age range of clientele changes with the seasons.

Yes, everyone wants a good time, glad you did too!

Come back soon to receive a warm welcome from all the team,