“lovely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

me and my friend stayed 7 days all inclusive oct 2013 staff are great//// food all week did nt have a bad meal bar was well stocked over all will defo book here again ok some bad points make sure when booking to get sea view / try and beat the cleaner into the lifts in the morning all you will have a wait for the lift ,,,no pool but sea 1 min away .

Room Tip: nice sea room 305
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ukblackpoollad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I have visited Benidorm twice previously but wanted to stay on the Poniente beach this time. We had seen the Mar Blau on our last visit in January but could not view as the hotel closes for winter. We were a little concerned as the hotel was only a 2 star (we always stay at 4 star-Riu's,H10's etc) but took a chance and booked with Jet 2 along with 2 friends. From the moment we arrived to the time we left we were treated as well as any hotel we have stayed in. We had a sea view on the 4th floor with fantastic views of the bay. the rooms are slightly smaller than usual but kept very clean. The whole of the hotel is spotless. The restaurant only holds 70 people so never felt overbearing. Now the food: it is not fine dining-there is not the choice as at some of the larger hotels but they do serve wonderful crisp fresh salads,cold meats, soups etc. The main course usually had a pasta dish,fish, and
meat-pork, chicken, lamb all very tasty. We even had roast beef and Yorkshire puds on the Sunday which were very good. Breakfasts were also good. We were all impressed with the Restaurant standard. Draught lager in the bar was terrible, but you do not have to wander far for a decent drink. The next time we visit Benidorm I will have no hesitation in returning to the Mar Blau. You MUST book and pay for a sea view at the outset or you may be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Must book a sea view and pay the extram
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank david m
Newcastle upon Tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend and I were allocated room 205 (in the dungeon) this room has a very high window that is parallel with the pavement of a back alley, we could not open the curtains never mind the window.
It was depressing!!! This room is also next to the kitchen with all the noise that goes with it.
After much asking they finally moved us about 36 hours before we came home!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Margaret T

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Tynemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

we have just arrived back from a two week all inclusive stay at the mau blau. my father came with us for the first week. we have two very young children and were the only people with children in the hotel.
we were in one of the small rooms at the back. to be honest who cares that they are small and dont have a balcony. when booking you are aware if you have paid extra for a balcony with a sea view.
the staff were lovely and made a fuss over our two littleones as did many of the older englih and spanish guests.
there was lots of choice of food available, breakfasy lunch and evening meals were well cooked and tasty. each meal time was on for aroung 3 hours and there were snacks fruit and icecream available in between.
good coffee was available from behind the bar if you wanted and was half price....only 60 cents. thats nothing when you comapre to home, however local coffes and drinks are all free.
amazing room service bundles of clean fresh towels and made service daily.
fantastic location.poool use is available at the sister hotel however we prefered the beach.
go to the mau blau if you want a friendly clean ideally located holiday with plenty to eat and drink. dont go if you want roudy all night drinking sessions there are other destinations all over benidorm with sea views a pool etc etc
i can honestly say i will book again

Room Tip: pay the extra when booking dont accept a freeby when you get there because you feel hard done by
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank michellew001
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We are a couple of oldies who have travelled to many destinations world wide.As we are getting older we have decided to wind down a bit and decided on Benidorm mainly out of curiosity to see what "IT" was all about.When we can we do small hotels and the Mar Blau seemed ideal. We were certainly not disappointed, it lived up to all expectations.
Allocated room 204, second floor on a corner and had a great view and spent a lot of time relaxing on the balcony,people watching and especially the children playing in the small park opposite.
Incidently a previous visitor stated that room 205 was at street level. This room was next to ours and we were certainly not at street level but two floors up.
Only did b&b so can not really comment on the food except to say the breakfasts were adequate.
Jarrow Lad just down the road is a great place to eat.
Like most others we found the Mar Blau clean and friendly and this is one place we definately will be re visiting.
As for Benidorm itself,we loved it.

Room Tip: Pay extra for sea view well worth it
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alhaze
Glasgow,Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

My first impressions of this hotel was made by the warm friendly staff at reception so straight away I found myself to be at ease as a first visitor to this hotel. The lobby area is very small and quaint. My expectations though were a little lowered as I was put into a room in which the windows had bars and there was no balcony for the room (it is street level) though I have to say although small it was very clean. My daughter however had emailed ahead of my arrival and informed them of my request as we were aware of these types of rooms by reading TA reports and that I would have been prepared to have paid extra for a balcony (not a sea view) within two days my request was met when a room became available I felt my holiday had now began and I had no worries. The room I was moved to was at the end and I had a lovely view while being able to enjoy a wee vino before venturing out. The room was nice and large and very well kept and there was no issues at all with the housekeeping, there is a safe available for a small charge but there is no fridge. The dining room is again very well kept and there is always plentiful of choice, due to be being all inclusive it allowed me to have a nice glass of vino or a beer. I would recommend though it is important to take note of the all-inclusive conditions as it finish at exactly 11pm , and for some branded drinks tea/coffee there is a small charge to pay. I found the staff especially Jon, Marie, and Miguel to be very helpful in every way even to assist me with a mobile phone problem! Although I was a little deflated at the attitude of the evening male bar tender. This hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the old town and just at the edge of the walking street that will lead you to all the fine shops restaurant, pubs, entertainment bars and of course the many selection of taps bars

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 205 206 207 as the are at street leven and have no balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank furrypaws
lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Having just had another fantastic 8 night stay at this great little hotel,have to say gets better each time,fantastic sea view room.( if you want a sea view room at this hotel you Must pre book and Pay For It )so many people just requesting and expecting a free sea view when they arrive this causes problems for both guests and staff ) the hotel and rooms are kept spotlessly clean,food for a 2 star hotel excellent,all staff friendly and helpfull, it is such a shame that the Hotel will be closing around second week of November 2013 and not re opening until mid April 2014.already booked for next year so looking forward to another great stay.

Room Tip: If You want a sea view room Book and Pay For One!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple