“Guapa!”
Review of Hotel RH Victoria

Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a truly splendid family stay at this hotel from 22nd February to 2nd March 2014. From the moment we arrived we had our every need catered for and more. Upon arrival at around midday on the Saturday we were informed our room was not quite ready however we were told that the wait wouldn't be long and to compensate we had been upgraded to a junior suite and we could go to the bar for a complimentary drink. Needless to say we didn't mind waiting.

A short while later after a quick San Miguel we collected our bags and made our way to our room and we were not to be disappointed. The room overlooked the sea front and consisted of two rooms with two separate televisions. Our two year old daughter was delighted to discover she had her own room with her own tv. To improve matters the better half didn't have to worry about missing their daily episodes of Jeremy Kyle or Loose Women as we the tv had ITV 1,2,3 & 4 as well as BBC 1 & 2. As for the bathroom this was of a grand size with two sinks and a bidet. The only downside was our daughter was occasionally able to lock me in the bathroom from the outside. Other perks of the room was that there was tea and coffee facilities and a refrigerator

Our stay was on a half board basis and out of our 9 previous visits to Benidorm this is the first time we have ate at the hotel everyday. The food was varied and of a higher quality than most in the local area. Our two year old was well catered for and was fussed over by both staff and fellow holidaymakers. The wife who once professed to be a vegetarian was also satisfied with the choice available though of course her options were a little limited.

The only negatives I could possibly make out would be that if your in a group of gentleman or ladies from the UK and your wanting to spend the majority of your time watching Shoewaddywaddy and Stick Vicky then you are about a 15 - 20 minute walk from British Square. The pool also looked a bit small though I wasn't getting in that in February and there is always the Mediterranean within 200 yards!

To conclude we had a truly wonderful family break which was only enhanced by our stay at the RH Victoria Benidorm. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Buenas Tardes TangerineTraveller9,
My personal thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our Hotel RH Victoria after your recent holiday in Benidorm.

I am so very pleased that both hotel facilities and the team we have made your stay a very enjoyable one, it seems all aspects of the hotel tick your boxes. It’s really nice to read that you appreciated the little extras like the English TV channels and the Tea & Coffee making facilities.

All our team strive to make our guests feel at home, I can imagine your daughter felt like a little princess.

I am very happy that you found the food “of higher quality” even for vegetarian options.

As you mention the hotel is right next to the old town of Benidorm, with the main high street and famous tapas bars just a few minutes away. The new town is also close by.

Thank you once again for your recommendation of our hotel and we hope to see you again in the future.

Hotel RH Victoria

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week from the 16th/24th February this is an excellent hotel ,more like a 5 star hotel. I have coeliac, which means I cannot eat any food with gluten in, the staff in the dinng room and chiefs went out of their way to help me. A special thanks to the manager who even offered to order gluten free food for me. The dinning room staff provided excellent service especially Pacqui who was so friendly. The hotel is in a great position for the old town ,as well as the new part of Benidorm. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon well done staff .

Pauline and Derek
from Liverpool

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauline c
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Good Morning Pauline and Derek,

I am very pleased you took the time to post a review of the Hotel RH Victoria and the "Best Hotel ever"

We always do our best to help with special dietary requirements and I’m glad we were able to offer you products free of gluten.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and the special thanks to our staff, which are very happy with your feedback.

Hoping to welcome you back again in the near future

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have just spent a great week here all staff there catered for every need we had we were upgraded and treated as on of them thanks for the best holiday hope to go back again next year thanks to every member of staff there . Great views and good location not far from both beaches great cheap shops . Keep doing what you are doing see you again

• Stayed: February 2014

Good Morning Jael01,

What a fab review to start the week, thank you very much writing about your stay at the Hotel RH Victoria.

We are all really pleased that you had such a great time and that it’s the best hotel you have ever stayed in.

It was our pleasure having you stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon,

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed 7 nights this February 2014. The staff were superb at all levels. The place was very clean, in fact I could not find fault. The restaurant was excellent and the food buffet was plentiful with ever changing hot dishes freshly cooked. The room was dated but did not detract from the comfort and facilities, and is due for a refurb to match the sister hotel across the road. The room was spotless and the maid service excellent. Great powerful shower. The hotel is ideally situated close to the Old Town. Cheap and expensive restaurants are close by as with typical British bars with Amstel lager at 1.50 euro. The hotel bar was reasonable in price but I thought their coffee was not good quality. Hotel covered parking is 10 euro a day as it is very difficult to park in the street at 2 euro an hour.
The Spaniards were in the majority down from Madrid in their smart stylish clothes. I was sceptical about our first visit to Benidorm but pleasantly surprised. We did not witness drunken yobs you may see in the main season. A great place to take a break.
If you are hiring a car please do not consider GoldCar Rentals my experience was horrendous with queues at the airport of just under two hours. Old people with sticks were ignored and had to stand. Expect to get hit with extra insurance, a horrible experience.
Unlike the management at the Victoria who have the job sorted, GoldCar would learn a lot from them. Well done to all at the Victoria, we will see you again in November. John and Carole.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnhuson
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

A very good afternoon johnhuson,

What a great start to the week to read such positive feedback of our Hotel RH Victoria after your recent holiday in Benidorm.

I was thrilled to hear that all aspects of the hotel were to your liking , from the “superb” staff and the “spotless” room to the “excellent” restaurant with its “hot & fresh” dishes.

As you can appreciate we can’t comment on your car hire experience as this was not a service we provided however I was sorry to hear your experience with them wasn’t a good one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in November. Thank you once again,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have just returned from a 3 week stay and we had a truly wonderful holiday. Having stayed at the Victoria a few years back before it was RH Hotel Victoria, we knew it was a lovely hotel but the food was not the best at that time to say the least, and we quite often ate out. This time however, all has changed, the food was excellent at every meal. We did not feel the need to escape and eat elsewhere at any time at all, indeed we looked forward to dinner every evening. I can't really add to the excellent review given recently with a detailed breakdown of food available, but I can confirm that the comments are spot on. A huge well done to the Chefs who seem to enjoy their job and were always happy to help.

As for the ladies tending tables, what a lovely happy bunch they are, especially Pacqui, my pocita amiga, never without a smile, also Isabel, Luz Maria, and I think Jeanne, lovely ladies every one. I know I have missed a few names and I'm sorry for that, but all were equally friendly and all work hard to ensure your dining experience is a good one. Thank you to each and every one.

The hotel public areas are immaculately kept with comfortable seating in the reception area. We found reception staff very friendly and helpful, always a smile and acknowledgment as you pass through, and often a little chat just to check that we were ok or did we need anything. Very reassuring and made us feel that our custom was appreciated.

We asked for a high floor and that we had. We were on floor 18 and our room had an amazing view. We could see as far as Calpe to our left and then a totally uninterrupted view right round to the opposite side and way down the coast towards Campello. So we could see sunrise and sunset and enjoyed full sun for most of the day on the balcony. We really could not have asked for more. The room was as before, very comfortable, larger than the average and with a lovely big bathroom, double sink and very comfortable bath plenty big enough to stretch out in. The fridge is a very useful bonus and the tea/coffee tray a very welcome extra and unusual in Benidorm hotels. Housekeeping was excellent, very discreet, and we never felt pressured to leave our room early. No rude awakenings here! It was also nice to be able to watch a bit of British TV occasionally. The only one thing I would have preferred would have been to have Ch4 and Ch5 as I missed the final of Celebrity Big Brother and also Deal or No Deal! Yes I know that is a really sad thing to admit, hands up to that one!

Because the rooms and corridors are carpeted, there is no clattering of high heels above you here and the insulation is excellent, so you rarely hear anyone in the adjoining rooms. We felt relaxed right from day one and that never changed throughout our stay, we are very much looking forward to returning at the same time next year, and hope we will see lots of familiar faces when we return.

Location is excellent, a short stroll to the old town and beach, a bit longer to reach the Levante end but plenty of buses nearby if you can't manage or don't want to walk.

Well done to all at RH Hotel Victoria, you really are getting it right, and thank you for making us feel so welcome and comfortable throughout our stay. Hasta prossimo anó! (I hope that is correct!) from 'Rosa and Jaime'

Room Tip: Higher floors for the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosiemadcat
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

A very good afternoon Rosiemadcat,

I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your “wonderful stay” at our Hotel RH Victoria.

Rest assured I will pass your comments on to all the team here, they will be delighted with all the positive feedback. It’s great motivation and it makes me so very proud of them, as individuals and as a team.

Also very nice to read that the room was to your liking and that you appreciated the beautiful views of Benidorm and beyond.

With regards to the TV channels, I must mention that the package we have comes with the main BBC and ITV channels which we understand are more important, however I have noted your comment.

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Hasta pronto!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed At RH Victoria for Christmas, had very little sleep for 4 nights, as had two young English men in the room next door. A Spanish couple, an Irish Couple and Us, all complained several times to reception about the drunken arrivel back in the early hours of the morning of the two young men in the room between us all, Nothing was done, nothing was written down and when we came to check out and we complained again, about another disturbed night, the reception staff were very off hand, and denied that any other complaints had been made. We know they had been, because the Irish couple had told us they had complained, my husband was standing at the side of a very irrate Spanish gentleman, who was also staying on our floor, when said gentleman was giving a very clear and concise complaint in Spanish, about the persistant late night early morning noise, how do we know, because while we waited for the lift to come, he was jumping up and down and hammering on the lads door and they were so dead to the world, they never stirred!!! so he could not be misunderstood. We checked out just under 2 hours later and the same receptionist denied all knowledge of any complaints being made. This was not a happy stay, we were not happy with the attitude of some of the staff, we found to be very off hand in their way of speaking to us. Not at all like the staff at the Corona del Mar, who were super efficent and polite. All in all we did not enjoy our stay and will not be repeating it to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel that doesnt take family/young groups if you want a good nights sleep!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank uiskie
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Hello uiskie,

I was very disheartened to read that your stay at our Hotel RH Victoria wasn’t to your liking.

Obviously as you may understand your stay was nearly two months ago and although we have tried to contact you directly to investigate further we have had no response.

I can assure you our staff take their job very seriously and any complaint of this nature is dealt with swiftly, we can however only apologise for their behaviour and I personally wish you had escalated this matter if it hadn’t been dealt with.

I do hope you visit the hotel again so we can restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I booked a single room for 5 nights through Jet2Holidays and on arrival found I had been given a very spacious twin room.The room was well equipped by local standards and included free use of the fridge in the room and a hospitality tray with tea and coffee complete with a kettle,very unusual in Benidorm hotels.Large bathroom with two basins and good shower.Did not try the bath.
Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful in fact when I told the lovely lady on reception later that day I had forgotten to pack toothpaste both that and a new toothbrush was delivered yo my room free of charge.
Food at breakfast was ok but that is more to do with my taste in breakfast food as anyone liking cereals or fruit was well catered for but food at lunch and dinner was outstanding.Choice was first rate and it was all well presented.A very good range of salads and the main courses were the highlight.The food is buffet style with the added bonus of a chef doing a cook to order special of the day.The choice always included meat,fish and vegetarian dishes and usually ran to over six or seven different styles including great roasts and casseroles and a couple of fish dishes and an Asian type dish like a curry or stir-fry.The restaurant is large and light and the tables are well spaced so you don't feel as though you are dining with company.The three ladies working at table while I was there were very friendly indeed and seemed very happy in their work and the chef cooking the special also always had a smile. It seems to be happy place to work and this transmits itself in the service given.
The room (607) I had featured a balcony that got the sun all day which I loved but there rooms at the side of the hotel which got a lot more shade so make your preference known when booking if it matters to you.The room also has individual heating and air-con controls so you are not at the whim of hotel management to keep you warm or cool.Final thing to say about the room is the widescreen Grundig television had ITV 1,2,and 4 also BBC 1 and 2 and Sky News,BBC World and a couple of other English language channels.
Hotel itself is well located with the beach being a short stroll and the Old Town area of "walking street " only a few hundred metres away.
All in all a very friendly good quality hotel with excellent staff and food and a great location.

Room Tip: The rooms at the side of the hotel might be a bit shady for some so any room ending in a 6 or 7 is p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank FrankandHedley
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

A very good morning FrankandHedley,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review of the “wonderful food” in our Hotel RH Victoria.

You were fortunate that on arrival we had the availability to upgrade you to a bigger room that the one you had booked. Very pleased to read you appreciated the extra facilities in the room such as the kettle with the tea & coffee making facilities and the English TV channels.

I will personally pass on your comments to all our “friendly and helpful” staff, they will be delighted.

With regards to the food, what can I say; it seems our buffet ticks all your boxes. It is wonderful to read all your positive points and I will of course pass them on to our chefs, they will be over the moon.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you once again.