“Would return again”
Review of Hotel RH Victoria

Ranked #14 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having just returned from 7 days holiday at the Victoria with my wife, I would like to thank the manager and all the staff there for been very friendly and helpful.
Our room on the 13th floor was excellent , the food in the restaurant was always hot and appetizing, with a good selection every meal time. Happy hour in the bar every night was most welcome.
All public areas were kept very clean and tidy. Overall this is an excellent hotel to stay in, I would not hesitate in stopping here again.

Room Tip: Higher the floor better the views and more sun.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curlytops2014
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

A very good morning Curlytops2014,

Thank you sincerely for sharing your holiday experience with fellow travellers after your stay in our Hotel RH Victoria.

On behalf of myself and all the “friendly and helpful” team we are so very pleased you found the hotel and its facilities to your liking and that you made the most of the happy hour.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Thank you once again for our recommendation.

Hotel RH Victoria

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Firstly thank you to all of the staff that we came into contact with. They all showed excellent customer service - room maids, waiting staff, chefs, reception and bar staff, When I booked I requested higher floor with sun (got this tip from trip advisor). I booked directly with RH hotel reservations and mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary so it was special trip for us and would be great if nice room allocated. I had a e-mail conversation and then telephone call with Tracey who was very helpful and answered my query with regard to the 55 plus incentive as shown on website! As we had booked for 7 days and were over 55 we were eligible for a wine and water rate at lunch and dinner - 15 euros so very worth while to do this - it is on the website. It seems that once you have stayed there is also a loyalty discount of 4% and other incentives for future bookings made direct with hotel. Just wondering if I need to apply for a card?

We arrived before room ready and just before lunch. We were given a very warm welcome by the receptionist Raquel and a voucher for a free drink at the bar whilst waiting for our room to be ready. Raquel has a lovely manner and mentioned and congratulated us on our anniversary. She made us feel so special and is most definitely a great asset to the hotel. All of the reception staff that we had contact with were excellent and all spoke good English.

We were allocated room 1708 which was a lovely good sized room with superb view over Benidorm and sea. We had a huge bathroom which also had a jacuzzi (never quite got the jacuzzi to work but didn't matter) the massive bath was fantastic. The room was spotless and also has a fridge. The hotel arranged a bottle of bubbly in ice bucket and two champagne glasses - a lovely touch and so very much appreciated. Hotel carpeted so very little noise heard.

All of the dining room staff were always very busy, attentive and cheerful. Particular mention has to be made about the waitress Pacqui who is such an exceptionally cheerful individual that she brings a smile to all. Chefs cheerful and helpful and continually checking and replenishing food.

There were a lot of "mature" Spanish, Dutch and other nationalities including British. All of them cheerful and friendly. There were also some younger families though I am unsure what facilities available for children. The pool area is not large and pool is not heated. Weather was lovely during our stay but probably takes a few weeks before pool heats up.

Not a lot of evening entertainment in hotel but this is probably due to time of year. Royal hotel is part of same group and just across the road so we sometimes popped in there to check what they had on.

We had early departure at 7.15 am. Hotel arranged early breakfast which was very much appreciated. We loved the location and courtesy of the hotel and definitely hope to return.

Room Tip: Due to surrounding high rise buildings exposure to sun can be limited. 17th floor room 1708 got sun...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FlamingoScotland

A very good morning FlamingoScotland,

Thank you for such a detailed and positive review. All I can say is that myself and all the team at the Hotel RH Victoria are extremely grateful and proud.

I am really pleased Tracey was able to help you with your enquiries. As you say for future booking you will be entitled to a 4% discount by getting the RH member code. You can get this on our website by introducing your Passport number and date of birth or just send us an e-mail to the hotel with the same details and we will do it for you.

So pleased you had a warm welcoming to the hotel and I will of course pass your compliments on to Raquel and all our reception team.

I’m delighted you liked the room and the beautiful views it has of Benidorm, I have taken note of the Jacuzzi and will look in to it immediately.

What can I say about our dining & kitchen room staff, they are one of the biggest credits to the hotel, and Paqui is famous for her cheerful smile, I’m so proud of them all.

As you say the pool isn’t heated, but in the summer months with the hot weather it doesn’t need to be.

Very happy you appreciated the little extras like the early breakfast and belated Birthday from us all.

We really do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Back from a 4 night stay at the VIctoria usually stay at its sister hotel the Royal but it was full glad to say the Victoria turned out to be every bit as good.
Clean and bright public areas with a very pleasant and reasonably priced bar which has a happy hour
Really well laid out and spotless dining room which served a wide choice of well cooked hot food breakfast and dinner were very good but lunch was excellent
Bedrooms clean and bright with tea making facilities,safe,flat screen TV with 6 or so English channels and a fridge
Staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful especially Emilio and Juani in the dining room.
Location first rate for both beaches and the old town cannot recommend it highly enough

Room Tip: Pool rooms and high floors are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Buenas tardes martybare,

On behalf of myself and all the team we would like to thank you for your review on our “Great hotel” RH Victoria.

I am so pleased to read you were equally pleased with this hotel as with the sister hotel RH Royal.

Glad you enjoyed the little extras we offer like the happy hour, tea & coffee making facilities and the English TV channels and enjoyed the hotels “first rate” location.

I will pass you compliments on to the chefs for their “well cooked” food and of course to all our “pleasant and helpful” staff, especially Emilio and Juani, they will be delighted.

Thank you once again your high recommendation.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

very clean, excellent and friendly staff. stayed 4 nights bed and breakfast. lovely room on 9th floor with lovely view. breakfast was lovely lots to choose from. short walk to the beach and old town. me and my daughter would stay with you again. thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good afternoon from a warm and sunny Benidorm dhalsall,

Sincere thanks for your review on our “excellent hotel” RH Victoria.

So pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast choice and that the room was to your liking.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We arrived at the RH Victoria as a family of five including two children of 10 and 14. My honest opinion is that this hotel is possibly not ideally suited to families with children. There is the ubiquitous pool table, internet access and kids club but these come across as token gestures rather than part of an all encompassing package to cater for the younger end of the family. Most disappointing of all from this angle is the pool area. The pool itself is woefully small as is the area around it. If you had 10 families of four in the area at any one time it would probably be full. The kids did enjoy the jacoozi but this too was very small.
But if I were to leave the review there I wouldnt be even telling half the story. This is a class hotel. Clean. Well maintained. Modern. Professional.
Food was excellent and there really is enough variety and choice for every pallet. Service in the restaurant was also excellent. The staff are full of smiles (special mention here to Pacqui whose chirpy demeanour was infectious and who took a shine to our youngest) and only too willing to help. Their patience and professionalism is a credit to their employers.
The rooms too were excellent. Spacious and with good facilities. A minor gripe would be the quality of the maid visits which didnt seem to involve much more than a brief tidy, making of beds and changing of towels. Improvements could be made here.
Location wise we were more than happy but it depends what you are looking for. Although a 5 minute walk from Lavante Beach, this hotel is close to the old end of Benidorm where all the locals tend to hang out. Because of this it is quieter than some hotels which are set amongst the pubs and clubs that tend to be popular with the "Britsonthepiss" brigade.
In a nutshell, if you are looking to enjoy a comfortable stay in Benidorm and are not overly bothered about spending time by the pool, this is ideal for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Greetings from Benidorm Stazy and thank you for sharing you review of the “very comfortable” Hotel RH Victoria.

You mention that you didn’t find the hotel suited for children, in low season when there are very few children; it’s not the same as in high season when there are more families and more activities. Also we do not advertise children’s activities in the winter.

With regards to the pool, in the summer months Benidorm is known for its sandy white beaches, most of our guests make the most of this as the hotel is very near to both Levante and Poniente Beach, so the pool area doesn’t get overcrowded.

I was delighted to read you consider the RH Victoria as a “class hotel”, it makes me very proud of the hotel and the “professional” team we have here, from the dining room, reception, bar staff, and all other departments. Really pleased you found the food “excellent” and “ varied”.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the maid visit, and will look in to this ASAP.

I would like to thank you once again for your time in writing this review and hope that the despite the minor issues you do return to our hotel sometime in the future, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

As a couple in our mid fifties we had booked to come again as we had enjoyed our stay here a few years back under best western. I will try to give feedback constructively and as accurately as possible as there are some issues I believe need addressing at this hotel which I have already put in to the head office of RH groups.On arrival at the hotel we were not dropped outside as it's a busy road so we really struggled with our luggage I asked for help but was declined not the best start even though a male staff member was hanging around we still had to struggle up to the rooms with our luggage and no trolleys either only some huge clothes stand so beware if you struggle with your bags . Rooms lovely and clean light and spacious with tea and coffee facilities beware a kettle that doesn't turn itself off. There is tv if you want it and lovely views also of the benidorm skyline ask for a higher floor to get the sunshine. You can hire pooltowels and there is a safe however you do have to pay which is a joke for a four star and we felt this should be complimentary and not as a cash opportunity for the hotel. The restaurant opened for breakfast at 8 would have been nice if opened a little sooner as always a queue outside and early departures not catered for. Food in restaurant was varied and hot . Good salads and always a veg option .. no fresh yoghurt at breakfast only set yoghurt in pots which was a disappointment as it's so nice to have it fresh with fruit. although the serving of chips at breakfast was also not brilliant either waitress service good and helpful with the exception of one staff member pepa who was always miserable and snarled when any requests were made not a nice woman at all she let the rest of them down who work execeptionally hard in there. The pool area is still the same small but nice and plenty of sunbeds however under the new management is not heated which is not good considering the hotel is open throughout the year . Instead they push you to visit a sister hotel to use their indoor pool up the road at a cost of 6 euros each. Again money making We declined and used the lovely hotel next door which has a heated outdoor pool and they don't mind you being there even if you just buy a coffee. The biggest let down for us was the entertainment programme or lack of this is a complete joke . He walks around all day doing what nothing !!!!! The same things are repeated during the week and in Spanish only and one night there is a parrot show which begins at ten o clock and lasts for 10 mins and in that time they are forcing you to have photos taken . Everyone we spoke to went out in the evenings due to the poor entertainment apart from happy hour when there was a few people hanging around . We saw a poor family who had children with them and we felt so sorry for then as the hotel did nothing in the way of entertaining those children .. we asked the entertainer why is there nothing on and he said because it's the time of year which is unacceptable if you have a hotel full of guests then do something for them don't make poor excuses what is a entertainment team being paid for? You shouldnt have to leave your hotel in the evening to find something decent on so we often found ourselves wandering down to other hotels or to the old town bars which are lovely and well worth a visit. Would we return here no as we feel it has gone down since we last visited it's like a shiny hotel but with no soul any more ...

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank whitsundayisle

Hello whitsundayisle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us and fellow travellers after your recent visit to Benidorm.

I have been investigating various points raised and will explain below.

In the review you mention you weren’t dropped off outside our hotel, as I’m sure you understand this is out of our control and is something you need to address with your travel company.

The “huge clothes stand” is in fact for moving luggage, I think you missed the flat base it has to load on the suitcases. I can only apologize that you feel we didn’t help you enough, however at busy times it is not always possible.

I’m really pleased you liked your room and the views of Benidorm. As you say we do charge for our safe, this information is on our website, I`m sorry you think that it should be free, but your comment have been duly noted.

Our restaurant does open at 8am, as do most hotels; we do however open sooner when we have early departures for continental breakfast. I only wish you had mentioned your early departure at the reception instead of once you arrived back in the UK.

We have a good range of yogurts refrigerated and have no plans currently to replace with fresh yogurt. I have taken note of your comments about the chips and will look into this point, although I do see guests enjoying egg and chips. That said I understand it’s not for everyone.

We have many good comments about Pepa; I’m sorry you feel she was miserable and have spoken to her about your feedback.

Regarding our pool not being heated, we have an environmental plan in the hotel not to waste energy, which I am sure you can understand. I can assure you we do not push any of our guests to do anything, we gave you an alternative option in using the Hotel Princesa pool, which I don’t know if you’re aware, is a wellness centre, so the 6 euro charge gives you access to all its facilities, not just the indoor heated pool. It’s disheartening to read that we pushed the subject when in fact all we attempted to do was give you an option of a heated pool.

Regarding our entertainment programme; I have taken note of your comments and will look into making changes to the schedule and activities. I must however clarify, the family that had children where given colours and paints during their stay as well as complimentary tickets to the circus, I only wish you had been fully informed of the facts sooner, rather than commenting about other guests who were happy!

I would like to thank you once again for this review, feedback helps us improve our standards, and despite your dislikes I do hope you return in the future to restore your faith in the hotel, as it has many good points aswell.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

arrived here late at night,we had requested a sea view room on a high floor what we got was a suite on 17 floor which was amazing.we had a large living room with 2 balcony's off 1of which was enormous with 4 sun loungers and table and chairs.we also had a bedroom with another balcony off with table and chairs.the views were amazing and we had the sun all day with having balcony's on 2 sides.we had missed dinner but they had a salad each laid out in the dining room which was very welcomed.the food is first class in this hotel wonderful selection at breakfast even cava,we found all the staff very friendly and helpful.this is the second time at this hotel and it won't be the last.happy hour between 6-7pm was very good with 2 for price of 1 drinks very nice pre dinner.never used the pool but area did look very nice.excellent location for the old town,and 5 min walk to beach.cant fault this hotel.we encountered 2 maintenance men in the lift and even they were extremely friendly trying out their english.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joshwirral
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

A very good morning joshwirral,

Thank you so writing about your stay at the “excellent hotel” RH Victoria.

I agree, the views are beautiful from these rooms and lucky you for getting one of them!

Nice to read that you enjoyed the “first class” food, and made the most of our happy hour and the hotels central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit in the future.