“good but could do better”
Review of Buenavista

Buenavista
Ranked #19 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“good but could do better”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

On arrival we were charged 100 euro deposit which didnt go down well as it is not stated anywhere on my booking. The lift broke down and our friends was stuck in it for 20 minutes until the problem was sorted. But the room was a good size the indoor and out door pool where fine. the area is quiet but easy walking distance of the strip so you can get a break from it all and a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly but did speak little English.
The real downsides that let this nice hotel down though are you have to pay for your TV remote (not a deposit pay for its use) if you require your room cleaning or toilet rolls or replacement towels you pay extra. this is if you stay 5 days like i did or a month! to me this lets the hotel down I spent 5 days there before moving to another 3 star accomadation to spend the rest of my 12 days in the resort and although they both had the same rating we had new towels and room cleaned daily and beds made.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeff C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Paignton
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Fantastic value for money, comfortable, spacious apartments. We went for the self catering option so we could make coffee. We used the indoor pool which was fine, a bit tired but serviceable. My only gripe was we stayed for 10 days and had no linen or towel change. A must visit place to eat is the Yorkshire Pride III across the road!

Room Tip: Choose self catering option so you have a kitchen.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nickyl503
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

As a family of 2 Adults and one 14 year old we stayed at the Buenavista Apartments for the February half term break. On arrival at about midnight we checked in without a welcome. Had to pay 60 Euros damages deposit for room , 10 euros for the use of the TV remote , 10 Euros for the use of the safe and another 6 Euros deposit. The room was prepared for two people with no bedding for our 14 year old, had to go down to reception to get Linen and Towel. Did not see the cleaners or Maids for the whole week , so no change of Linen or Towels , Toilet rolls not replenished you have to go down to reception and ask for more ( you get one) . The room itself was on first impression pleasantly spacious, well equipped with kitchen consisting of Sink , ceramic hob, microwave oven , no ordinary oven though! , toaster, kettle to use on hob plenty of cutlery, crockery etc. Bathroom consists of bath , shower, bidet , toilet and quite large and clean tiled floor to ceiling.
The front of apartment has small utility room with Ceramic sink similiar to a belfast sink for washing clothes with built in washboard.
Mop and brush etc but has a section of the wall with decorative blocks in which adjoins the corridor and allows people to look directly into your room at night clearly when you have the light on. We stuck the foam back rests of the couch into the kitchen window to give a bit of privacy as the lounge doubles as the bedroom in the evening. Lots of noise echoing in the corridors of a night from people returning and was I awoken each morning to the sound of someone pulling chairs around a tiled floor. Same time each morning about 7AM possibly someone going to work? Our room had marks on the ceiling that gave me the impression someone had been knocking on it with a broom to protest at the noise.
Quite a lot of apartments have long term residents possibly living there all year round as there are door bells/intercoms on the wall at the entrance.
The Apartment had Central heating which came on of an evening when the temperature dropped which was good.
We stayed in room 2E on the second floor, balcony was quite large and had patio table and four chairs. We overlooked the Pool at the rear bur the Apartments are overlooked and overshadowed by much larger hotels which block out the Sun on the balcony. I was woken up on plenty of occasions early in the morning by the reversing alarms of delivery vehicles going in and out of the hotel at the rear ((The Flamingo) which has a service road directly behind the apartments. The front of the hotel has Hostels directly across the road which were quite busy and noisy, they didn't cause us any trouble but did concern me. The main reception wall is full of Negative notices , "The towels will not be changed" "The crazy golf is closed for renovation" etc, etc, it doesn't really give the impression of a warm welcome , Some Staff are quite ignorant at times and don't acknowdge you. Don't change any Euros in the bar, poor exchange rate , I was desperate for money on a Sunday evening and everywhere else was closed , I changed £100 and got 112 Euros but the next day changed £100 for 119.5 Euros at the exchange on the main road by the apartments 2 mins walk. There was no Entertainment and Bar was not open often, I found that the local Spanish non residents of the apartments used it for breakfast of a morning which irritated me when I was trying to sleep and they were talking loudly directly below my balcony by the pool.
Not in a bad location close to many shops , bars and Restaurants within a very short walk and about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the beach and Promenade where you can walk the length of to reach the Old Town. There is a nice comfortable Lobby and Luggage room to wait in for your transfer , plenty of sofas and tables, I charged my IPad whilst watching TV and had a couple of beers from the supermarket close by. I chose not to buy from the vending machines in the lobby as I did on one occasion , I bought a Bounty and could not eat it as it was in a terrible condition and threw it away. I was grateful of the Comfortable Lobby, as there is nothing worse than hanging around after checking out of your room and waiting to be collected.
Be careful with the Bar prices , we could buy a can of cider in the supermarket for £1 but it varied so much in the Bars and the most expensive was £5!!!!
To Summarise it is not the best I have stayed in but is certainly not the worse. Reasonably priced , if the staff were a bit more friendly and there was a bit more Cleaning/Maid service it would have been a much more pleasant experience. It may have been quieter on higher floors but we were on the second floor of 15 floors I think. Now that I am familiar with the area if I did return it would not be to the Buenavista as there are so many others to choose from and feel I would be made to feel more welcome elsewhere.
Hope my Honest Review helps you and you have a good Holiday

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Bosschippy
County Durham
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just returned from a week here. Never stayed in a "Doss House" before. The whole place was filthy. We had room on first floor no lighting in the corridor and for the first three days had to find our way in dark because the light switches either side of the lifts had been smashed. God help any one if there was a fire because there was no supplementary lighting. believe me it was pitch black. I dropped the soap onto the floor in bathroom on picking it up it was covered in hair and other things I put it in the bin. The lounge which is used for the third and fourth beds has no blackout curtains which means whoever sleeps in it is awake early once the sun comes up. We tried the indoor pool and Jacuzzi....Big mistake again filth. Around the top of the Jacuzzi was a thick line of black grease where people 's heads had been. We decided against going in or trying the pool because god only knows when it had last been cleaned or even the water tested. My son has come home covered in flea bites. Would never advise anyone to stay at these apartments. Think the only positive thing I could say was the heating came on morning and night. Of the staff only one of the three reception staff was anywhere near pleasant. He was a young man with longer hair. The other two the older man and the woman were both so ignorant and didn't even acknowledge you. She even carried on with what she was doing when standing in front of her.
On a better note we tried the Red Apple Restaurant over the road next to the Rock and Roll bar. What a find. 3 course Thai meal (you could choose ordinary Chinese for €4.95) and included either a beer or half bottle of wine for €5.95. Excellent value for money really pleasant staff. We ate there three times in the week. The biggest disappointment food wise was the Yorkshire Pride. They advertise "Fresh Home cooked food" in fact hat you get is reheated food from a microwave. wasn't good believe. me. Plenty bars around selling €1.50 pints. Best value we found was the Britannia Bar which had 2 bottles of /san Miguel for €1.90. Try there very friendly staff and free wifi.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank countydurhamlass

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Kent
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have just returned from a week staying here. The staff on the front desk were quite miserable and not very helpful. The room itself was large and very clean on arrival, but there is no cleaning service at all during our stay, no change of linen or towels and you have to request a toilet roll when needed and get this handed over with a grunt!
The beds were comfortable but awful pillows, kitchen averagely equipped but fridge did not work at all and we had to use the freezer.
The toilet made a whining noise for about 30 mns after flushing.
Shower was good and always plenty of hot water and the heating coming on in the evening and morning was excellent for drying things.
It is about 15 minute walk to the beach, but has some good places nearby to eat and drink at. The road noise was minimal, but there is a hostel across the road and people leaving have to beep their car horns to get out, this meant at times, disturbed nights sleep. The windows were not a good fit and one night when windy the curtains would blow around.
We went partly because of the gym but it was closed, as was the crazy golf. The jacuzzi was lovely and hot.
We didn't visit the bar area, there didn't seem to be anything on at all, and we didn't want to see any more long faces from the staff.
We got our 60 euro deposit back no problem and rented a safe in the room which was good.
I would only return if there was an amazing deal and it was very cheap.....

Room Tip: All the rooms vaguely face the same direction. It is a good view of the other buildings, like a cit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carpe_Diem_1522
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

dont expect a palace when you pay for a barb.under the beds are filthy,towels dont get changed if your there for a week or less,you only get one toilet roll .at least the fridge freezer was a decent size and the microwave was clean,also i woke up bitten every morning

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

5 Thank les225
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here from the 5 th January , very good appts have been a few times before & picked this because of the heating that comes on 4 hours in morning &'4 at night, as it's January & it gets cold at this time of year, it was great coming back in at night to a cosy room, also picked it as it's close to our fav bars Tropical , beer Friends & Rock & Roll House, great acts on there, I've got flights booked for May & am thinking of going back again ,u can't fault them ,British TV too, cost 10 euros a week,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple