“Really Lovely place to stay, a gem in Benidorm, wonderful”

Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos
Ranked #42 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This is a really lovely place to stay. We had a room with a pool view in Block 4. The complex is made up of 5 Blocks, 4 around the pool area and block 5 at the back of blocks 3 & 4 facing the adults only covered pool (Yes, pretty cool..). I went on my own with my two kids (12 & 9) and the apartment was made up of one room with twin beds and two sofas in the living area which were also used as beds.

The apartment and the complex was very clean and modern. The reception staff were very welcoming and in fact everyone seemed really nice. Self catering was great as I brought my own coffee, etc. In my opinion the apartment was lovely. Kettle, toaster, microwave, tea towels, hair dryer, oven, plates, utensils, etc - everything I needed really. I would bring cleaning cloths, plastic cups & plates to avoid breakages (There was a refundable £30 deposit which people have moaned about - how thick not to expect it!!). Towels were provided for room use only. Also a very good selecion of TV channels for free (english news on 35-38 I think, sky, bbc, bloomberg & cnn) In all very happy.

The on site shop had loads of useful stuff. Some people have commented on the prices, but I didnt find it that bad and in my opinion having a shop onsite was great and if its not supported then it would have to close which would be stupid, so I would say use it!

The main pool itself is lovely. Goes from about 5ft down to nothing in a gradual slope for perfect for all ages and abilities. Very clean and has a nice 3ft 'ledge' around the whole edge which is about half a foot deep in water which is lovely to lie in! Also has a jacuzzi built in (more of a large bubble bath!). Nice toddler pool and a very clever adults only pool away from the main pool. Nice bar beside the pool swell.

The restaurant and bar area was lovely. Food was basic but nice (Terralta burger was my choice!). Nice arcade area downstairs for the kids with pol tables etc. In the reception is a bank of PC for internet access. 20 mins for 1 euro which was good value and keep the kids amused in the evenings.

The entertainment was good fun. Freddie and Kirsty were lovely. On during the day and the evening and not intrusive but there if you want it.

The complex is a 10 minute walk from the main town area and is a steep ish walk back, so would recommend a cab back unless all your party are fit. If I was on my own it would be fine, but I had to carry my 9 year old back each time.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a nice holiday, not in the bustle of the town centre.

Thank you Terralta for a wonderful holiday and I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Blocks 1, 2 & 3 are nearest the bar, 4 & 5 furthest away so keep in mind for noise levels as...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Rjjl1970
Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at the Terralta for 10 days from the 31st of July and had an amazing time. The appartments are immaculately clean and fairly spacious. Towels are changed every other day and beds were changed twice during our stay.
All of the staff are very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is on a hill but we managed fine, we had a 5 year old and a 60 year old with us and we walked up and down most days in the heat.......we noticed that there are a couple of benches on the way which helps if you need 5 mins rest. The bus stop outside is helpful if you don't fancy the walk. Taxis were reasonable on the few occassions that we used them but beware you are best to walk to the rank and get one as if the hotel request one for you they charge you from when they leave the rank which makes quite a difference.
The kids mini disco is on at 8.30 every evening and is sure to entertain. Freddy is amazing, my 5 year old adores him- we could not fault him at all. The shows are generally pretty good but we personally preferred Freddy's fun, games and quizzes- he is a natural! and an asset to the hotel!
The pool was very good but did make our daughters feet sore ( we brought water shoes which solved the problem), the lifeguard did a fantastic job of watching over everyone in the pool and he liked to have a laugh and a joke aswell.
The food in the restaurant was pretty good though we only ate their once as we liked to go for a walk and try different places.
We had a fantastic time at the Terralta and will definately return in the future.

7  Thank sarah F
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I've been back about a week and everything is so boring. The day I came back I wanted to be back there. The main reason FREDDY!!! He really made my holiday. If he hadn't of been there I probably would have had a really boring holiday. On the Saturday when he had his day off, I can't explain how bored we were. There was nothing to do. Fair enough the entertainment was still running on the saturday but it just wasnt the same without him. I couldnt imagine what it would be like without him. You can tell how much of a difference he makes to peoples holidays. Everyone just loves him. To be honnest, In my opinion you won't find a better entertainer anywhere.I had managed to persuade my mam to bring me back, but then i found out he had moved, so then i said well, if he's not there then im not going back and i'm sure that is how alot of people feel. Please just bring him back. It wouldn't be the same helping with the mini disco and contests witout Freddy. He's the reason people stay in the hotel. And people will still keep coming knowing he's there. When people found out he had moved..they were so upset, as its a nice hotel but he just makes your trip that whole load better.I mean whats a family resort with out Freddy.

The appartments were nice. The sofa beds were alot comfier than the actuall beds. The maid came in about 2-3 times the entire two weeks we were there. The bar was really nice and all the waiters were really funny. Especially Javier and Ramon. The games room was great.maybe a little too hot. But yeah i loved the feeling of the hotel. We had such a great view from our balcony.
The best thing about the entire holiday, was the staff. They were all really easy to get along with. And as i said i ould go back but only if Freddy was there, because i would just get really bored.

Room Tip: The rooms above the Bar and restaraunt get the best view by far.. You can see loads and even if you...
2  Thank Amber J
Reviewed 15 August 2012

this hotel was excellent by far the best ive been to but the entertainer freddy made our holiday he was definetley the best thing about it by far! he was the best entertainer ever he made every night a one to remember i wouldnt even think about going back if he wasnt there everyone i met said he was the best thing about Terralta we would definetley go back but only if he was there it would not be the same without him there.

erin elliott

Room Tip: the room 1221 was excellent amazin view of the pool and the night entertainment
2  Thank ErinnElliott1998
Reviewed 14 August 2012

we visited Terralta for the second time for a week from the 27th May 2012. We returned as we liked it so much the first time. The first time we went was the end of June and sadly the second time was not as good. The entertainment did not start until the 1st June so it was very boring in the evenings until the first of June when we were near the end of the week. There was no music playing in the evenings outside only a tele on in the indoor bar area sometimes music tv and sometimes sport but quietly. The staff were still nice though and the pool is nice. The first time we went to Terralta we hired a car so did not walk into Benidorm - this time we walked and it is not too bad on the way there but going back when it is hot and you have tired kids was a bit much at times and If I went again I would hire a car again. We could not get a taxi in Benidorm as we have three kids the drivers were all worried about getting caught by the police so we had to get two seperate taxis once so not ideal - but this is not the apartments fault. The apartments are basic but ok and clean. - we paid extra for English tv but wish we had not bothered as it was rubbish. If I had to point out negative points I would say that there could be a mirror in the bedroom as the only one other than in the bathroom which you can't use to get ready when someone is having a shower - is in the living area. Also we got very dirty feet walking around barefoot in the apartment like the floors were not clean or got dirty very quickly - so I wore flip flops all the time. There was no grill which would have been handy but there were hobs and a microwave, kettle and toaster. If we ever go back to Benidorm for a holiday - unless we hire a private villa or something I would choose Terralta apartments again as the kids love it there and they are nice compared to all the high hotels etc in the area. There is a nice man there called Jose who chats to the kids and does little magic tricks for them they liked him lol. The other staff all seem nice too - the games room downstairs though is hot and smelly - but the kids didn't care.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank louiseamatista
Reviewed 14 August 2012

just returned from 2 weeks stay, the apartments are great, pool and pool area first class.
walk into the old town, no problem if you can walk, bus out side apartments if you cant. taxi back between 5 to 6 euros, depending on how many lights you get stuck at.
every thing is immaculately clean, rooms / pool area / bar area.
great entertainment in the day, but you do need to join in. out most nights so not sure what night time entertainment was like, but what we did see seem good, again you need to join in.
all the staff very good, polite and helpfull.
this is our 3rd time to these apartments and we will be returning in the future.

6  Thank markhRugby
Reviewed 12 August 2012

me and my husband stayed here in may 2012 and we are returning again in sept 2012 with our two teenage daughters as we had a fab time!!apartments are very clean and staff are very helpfull and friendly..i left my purse in the room when we left with my english money in and when i called from england they told me the cleaner had found it and handed it in and they are keeping it for me untill we return so very honest 2!the food in the complex was nice aswell and although its quite a distance from the main nightlife a bus outside runs every hour and either a nice stroll back takes around half an hour ish or a taxi was around 6-7 euros..its nice and quiet and has a adult pool 2 if u want a bit quieter relaxing!!10/10 from us for this holiday!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple