“Great hotel! I'll be back soon.”

Magic Aqua Rock Gardens
Ranked #48 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I love this hotel, great service, great fun, cool activities and i love the rooms. I love the chocolate fountain! Except for the killer hill, haha. I'll highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 123An

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This is a horrible hotel, I will never ever return.
My family hated every second of it, the pool is awful you cannot sit around the pool and watch your children play in it, the sun bed area is like a sardine tin, the staff are rude, the food is slop and to top it all off it's a dangerous place to be with those slides.
We had no problem with stag parties, they were polite and were just going out as we were coming in, some of the families here were drunk from morning till night, they swore around the pool and smoked their heads off all day long.
Horrible hotel for horrible people!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank lissy1977
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Lovely stay at this hotel..Checked out yesterday , clean comfortable rooms, lots of choice with different restaurants situated throughout , a varied choice menu, something for everyone,, was a little worried when I read reviews about hens & stags, but this was unfounded as didn't see any......,was mainly families, the staff were polite and friendly, lots of entertainment for the kids my daughter loved it..I would recommend it to anyone with children.. they will love it :) Thank you Rock Gardens for a lovely stay :)

Lorraine, Bradford UK

5  Thank Lorraine A
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The first thing I would point out is the deposit which was NOT advised at time of booking. As soon as we arrived we where asked for our bank card which I never give to anyone. They then said if I didn't provide my card we had to pay 75 euros per adult. As we where all inclusive we hadn't taken a lot of money and the deposit was to be returned when we left ...... At 4am but we noticed that the 24hr reception had no-one around after 12 on many occasions so we managed to get it back the day before. The second thing is the non English speaking staff, no one understood us when we tried to tell them we had been stuck in a lift for 15mins and when we rang the alarm and phone in the lift ......no-one answered. The hotel itself was actually really good, it had lots to do, and the adults floor was excellent. There where 3 different restaurants and good variety of food and drink. Entertainment was ok, the water slides ok but a few people get hurt on them. The rooms where clean however ridiculously small for 2 adults and 2 teenage kids. I would also advise you to take towels as you only get one small towel each. There is a tv and a fan and air conditioning and a fridge iin the rooms which is good. The hotel is huge and we only found the sauna when we where being picked up to go home. It's close to local nightlife and the beach however the beach in central benidorm is way better.

1  Thank Bernadette M
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Good points -
1) Food was okay
2) Room was clean

Bad points (some inexcusable)
1) Dangerous slides!!
I booked this holiday specifically to keep my two boys happy with it having water slides. On their first day, they sustained head injuries and scrapes to their backs and elbows. Needless to say they wouldn't go on them again. There was nothing else for them to do so they spent the rest of the week in the room playing on their electronic games. My eldest boy wanted to play with a ball but all available surfaces are taken up with sunbeds leaving no floor space whatsoever.
2) Poolside surface cracked and broken!!
Just downright tatty! (See photographic evidence)
3) Not enough sunbeds!!
We managed to get somewhere to sit 3 days out of the 7. For two of those days we got beds underneath the waterslides and witnessed many injuries....we could hear the bangs and knew that the guests would be holding their heads when they got to the bottom...some (adults) were in tears and one received such a bang to the head that it took her a few minutes to come around at the bottom of the slide.
One day we had to drag chairs out of a bar just so we had somewhere to sit and witnessed other families using bits of wall to set up camp for the day as there were no sunbeds (see photographic evidence).
4) Dangerous slippery surfaces!!
The day that we took bar chairs to sit on, we sat at the bottom of a slope leading to the pool which had a piece of green mat running down it. As people stepped off the mat at the bottom, they slipped and children were falling. I was cringing with fear for the guests when I saw them coming down the slope and it doesn't bear thinking about what could happen if you carry a baby to the pool.
5) Beware of the lifts!!!
One night we were going back to the room in one of the glass lifts. We got 7 floors up in the air and the lift stopped..the doors wouldn't open and we were left dangling in mid air!! We were terrified!! I kept my finger on the alarm for a few minutes but nobody came, then I pressed a button with a phone on it to alert reception. It didn't work!!!! We were just left there, with the reception and management completely oblivious to the fact that they had guests stranded in a very hot lift!!! If it wasn't for a guest passing by about 20 minutes later that we were freed from the other side of the lift. Horrendous!!
6) Awful entertainment!!
We never stayed once in the hotel after we had eaten. We would check out the entertainment first to see what it was like but walked out each night...it was very poor. For example, a Cher tribute with a wig and thigh length boots...I mean, come on!!!
7) Rooms very small for a family of four.
By the time you have four cases on the floor, you are practically on top of each other....they were clean though, which was a bonus.
8) Very claustrophobic inside and out.
The inside, yes it's themed and okay but you do feel quite closed in. Outside in pool area, you are surrounded by other high rise buildings and high walls that you are often in shade and again feel very hemmed in. A small space that is teeming with people (all looking for a sunbed!!).

**Regarding the lift situation** --- We went immediately to the duty manager and told him what terror we had just endured. He said he was sorry and that it wouldn't happen again and that he would get a technician out to fix the intercom first thing the next morning. He was about to dismiss us when I realised he hadn't even asked which lift it was!!! I asked him would he like to know which lift it was?? The next day, at 6pm, giving plenty of time for it to be fixed, I went into the lift again and pressed the intercom buzzer over and over for about a minute while my husband stood at the reception desk waiting to see staff leaping into action. There was nothing....no buzz, no staff aware that I was even pressing the intercom button. How extremely disappointing!!!

I've stayed in good 4 stars before and think that there are certain standards that warrants the award of 4 stars. As I sit here now, I am left confused as to why this dangerous and uncared for hotel, ran by people who don't give two hoots has had the privilege of this award. NEVER AGAIN...EVER!!!

8  Thank Angie H
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Best holiday I've ever had it was awesome for kids, I was alone with my son and I could just sit by the pool while he played. There were lots of Spanish there but it didn't bother me.
I took an extra pillow which was a must because the ones there aren't even proper pillows which is weird. Anyway that's the only bad thing I'd say. The food was fine the staff were friendly. It's near everything and it was perfect for us

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank nicola d
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food was ok but nothing special. The named drinks were included in our all inclusive :-) most of the staff were friendly enough and after reading all the negative comments about hen and stag dos we were a bit concerned but we needn't of been as there was only 1 the whole time we were there and we never even saw them through the day. Wouldn't stay
There again but also wouldn't advise other people not to.

• Stayed: July 2013