Firstly - the good aspects
1) On arrival at 2am, the security/night receptionist was LOVELY, a really really good start to a stay
2) The location of the hotel is great - and the view from the pool is exceptional, but beware - if you stay in anything below the 5th floor - your extra charged for balcony room will have nothing more than a view of a building opposite.
And now the bad aspects
1) The hotel is FULL of elderly Spanish folk. If you like waiting for an eternity for the one tiny lift servicing the entire hotel.
2) The front desk staff make NO EFFORT to exchange proactive pleasantries - they hide behind a poorly placed computer monitor - you can walk in, and out of the hotel without seeing a person, and on not one occasion in 8 days - did one greet you
3) The general level of English on the reception was lower than any other hotel I've visited. I'm not one for expecting people to speak English everywhere - but in an international hotel - the level was very very poor - probably because of their typical client base
4) The rooms are pretty bare (the bathrooms are nice) - but it appears that all rooms (we had to change) are twin rooms - so you've no hope if youre expecting a romantic trip
5) The walls within the rooms are paper thin, you will enjoy feeling like you are sharing a room with next door - and the people above and below... full blown snoring, bathroom noises etc.. this isnt helped by the nature of the room lacking any real soft sound absorbing furnishing.
6) The food - OMG the food - its the worst I've ever experienced since school days. Of course the old folks (don't think about sitting in 'their seat'!) lap it up - as its tasteless mush, the service in the restaurant is also despicable.
7) The hotel disables functions that you've paid for in your room (such as aircon) - you have to go downstairs to have them switch the fuse on
8) WiFi - forget about it. I've read reviews where the manager has responded months ago that the issue is being fixed - bs - its rubbish - youre lucky if you can get on the network. Then theres no internet service. When its alive, it dies in less than three minutes. A network speed is similar to dial up. Reception offer nothing but excuses
9) If theres an issue with the hotels online booking agent (expedia) than it becomes YOUR PROBLEM to fix. Of course, they wont CALL the agent, they tell you its your job. Forget using your laptop for a voip call (see point 8) - they have you cornered and they know it.
10) Room cleaning - don't expect more than a mop thrown around the room - we timed a maid clean at FOUR MINUTES; incredible, sloppy.
Never ever ever again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for accommodation for your holiday in Benidorm? The Hotel Centro Mar is located in the old town, in the center of Benidorm, a few meters from Playa de Levante, worthy of the prestigious Blue Flag awarded by the European Union. Why choose the Hotel Centro Mar? For its comprehensive services and facilities. Our hotel, CS Hotels, has been completely renovated recently and offers modern and comfortable rooms, some of them adapted for the disabled, as well as a rooftop pool with spectacular views. In addition, you can have free Wifi during your stay. Book your room! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Centro Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.