“Awesome staff couldn't do enough for you and great hotel”

Hotel Flamingo Oasis
Ranked #51 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I loved everything about the hotel staff where brilliant food was delicious. Perfect location close to the beach 10mins walk close to mundomar zoo 10-15mins absolutely faultless would highly recommend ideal for all ages

• Stayed: April 2014
9  Thank Fred123543
Write a ReviewReviews (4,671)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

we have just arrived back from our 3rd visit to flamingo oasis the good points are the suite rooms which we booked were spotless & huge we got a bargain when we booked but i would not pay the full cost as you do not get enough extras to warrant the cost the entertainment team were excellent & very profeesional the food was hit & miss the roasts they had werereally nice but the day after was a real let down, we had our own part in the restaraunt to sit in for meals with being in the suites which is nice but for two days there was no one in there to clear tables & children (& adults) were using it as a walk way to cut through to the main dining area when someone did finally come to clear the tables they did not seem very happy to be there & were really miserable which made us feel uncomfortable but i must say on a positive note the lady that was in there clearing the table on our first few days was really nice & always smilling. During the day we spent our time in the rooftop area which was nice & really kept clean ( this was for the suites only) & on an evening we went down to the main area in our party of four adults none of us are miserable & we like to have a laugh but for the majority of our stay there were stag parties in, they were ok to start with but after getting paraletic & still being served alchol it was really annoying they were swearing standing on tables & shouting & whistling at the top of their voices the secruity staff were called by the bar staff they did have a word with them but it made little or no difference & they were still being served alchol when it was obvious they had had far too much to drink it was terrible at times & most guests were saying the same thing that they would not return as allowing these large groups to come into the hotel is really spoiling the holidays of regular guests & setting a bad example to new guests i also agree with another review about the secruity staff they could do with being a little more friendlier with guests a smile & a good morning would do instead of making guests feel they are in a prison camp with them walking round with a permanent scowl on their faces
.we do always book through thomson when we go away but i would think twice before booking with them again & sorry to say after coming to the hotel three times so far this will deffinately be the last visit as this does need to be sorted out as it spoilt many peoples visit to this hotel its deffinately not a four star

Room Tip: the suite rooms are worth it if you get them cheap but do not get the rooms next to the bar on flooo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ginnerdan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just got back from the Flamingo Oasis with Amanda and the kids. The weather was surprisingly great (we were concerned at going so early in the season but didn't need to be) and the entertainment team put on a cracking performance each evening. Monica and Julian were so full of energy it was hard to believe, but I'd have to give the star of the show to Lucy, excellent dancing from a great performer and gorgeous to boot :)

The only thing that let the hotel down was that they were busy painting the floor next to the outdoor pool for 4 days, it was controlled quite well but the fumes were a bit annoying at times. that said, this sort of thing needs to be done from time to time, and definitely wont affect anyone going for the rest of the year.

Finally, a big shout goes out to the 'teachers on tour' from Scooby, what can I say, those children you teach are very lucky to have you, hope the rest of your holiday goes really well and you win the quiz at least a couple of times :)

Room Tip: Get a lower floor room if possible, the lifts are really busy around meal times and it's often q...
2  Thank kyoki123
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have just arrived home after an amazing week here with my sister, mum and dad. Was a bit dubious about the food as I had seen several complaints about the food. Well fortunately for us some people are never happy unless they are moaning. If you want a la carte then all inclusive is not the way to go knowone would be able to afford it, we found the food was brilliant, not all of it was to my taste but even if I go to an expensive restaurant I dont expect to like everything on the menu. We stayed in a club room which was fantastic, own lounge, sun terrace, pool and separate section in the dining room which was a real bonus as my dad is in a wheelchair. The rooms were spotlessly clean, all public areas were the same and constantly being cleaned. Went to the Benidorm Palace for the evening and the show was fantastic, booked via Thomson, just in case anyone is wondering about disabled access it is around the side and I have to say the disabled ramp is more like a ski jump from the Winter Olympics. Luckily for us some nice gentlemen pushed my dad back up at the end, still worth seeing though. Drinks in the downstairs bar are quite weak, but the wine is good and you are allowed to take a bottle from downstairs to your room if you wish. Couldnt fault anything about this hotel. Entertainment team were very friendly and we did join in with the quiz and the Sangria demonstration, well worth trying. Would definitely go back to this hotel again. Only gripe checked suitcases at hotel to make sure they were under 15kgs all fine, got to the airport and they told us we were three kgs over, we were not even given a chance to take things out to lower weight and were charged 48 euros excess, so be careful, not sure what else we could have done really other than insist on the bags back, fuming at the time but will be more forceful if it ever happens again.

Room Tip: Go club class it is well worth it and cost is not extortionate
4  Thank niddyneat
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The flamingo oasis hotel also known to me as paradise! I have been coming here since I was 6 and still love it 10 years on I still love it just as much if not more! I've visited here with all different ages of my family including my 70 year old nanna who struggles to walk but the disabled access is brilliant for her, food is amazing and staff remember us every year we come which is lovely, entertainment at night.. WOW! So much effort is put in by the team and it definitely shows when they do the amazing shows (dirty dancing is one of my favourites). Rooms are lovely and the balcony view at both sides of the hotel is beautiful at night! Benidorm is such a big part of my life as I have shared so many memories here as I've come from such a young age and refuse to go anywhere else but my paradise! See you all in July x

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Courtney W
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked this hotel when my husband convinced me that Benidorm wasn't as bad as everyone makes out it is! I have to say for once I agreed with him! The best family holiday we have ever had! I never write reviews but felt I had to because of our great holiday! All the staff were so friendly and there was so much to do throughout the day for the whole family! My boys loved the games during the day where the whole family got involved! The evening entertainment was excellent there was something for everyone! One singer I will never forget for as long as I live...amazing!! Food was the best I've ever had on all inclusive and if you can't find something there you like then it's you with the problem not the hotel! The room was clean and tidy, it had everything we needed! We will be looking to go next year as we enjoyed so much!! My mum who refused to go to Benidorm that we finally convinced to go loved it and would go back! You'd be hard pressed to find problems in this hotel!! Thanks to all the staff at the Flamingo Oasis for making our first family holiday abroad one to remember!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is my 2nd stay at the Flamingo Oasis Hotel. I came with my family 2 years ago and loved it! Ok food wasn't up to much, but we always found something to eat, but this time the food has got a lot worse. Wasn't very hot, the meat I found bones in and was quite bland. Pasta soggy, but salad bar was good. We ate out majority of our stay.

We had family stay at another hotel and they came to find us so we could all meet up. They asked security and reception if they could call our rooms as they didn't know which rooms we were staying in and they were refused and all the hotel wanted was money from them to spend time there. They explained they weren't spending any time in the hotel just wanted to let us know they were there, but the staff at the hotel were very rude. On the first day it was very cloudy and no one was at the pool. I overheard someone say the pool wasn't open. I was vey angry at this as my children love the pool the reason we book hotels for a holiday so went and spoke to the reception for my mother to get shoulders shrugged at her they really didn't care about our thoughts and opinions. The Thomson rep sorted it out and it was open but nothing was explained to us.

The security were all about during the day with a baton looking very intimidating to people coming into the hotel, but weirdly at night time (well early hours of the morning 3am) there was no reception staff or security to be seen! Which I found quite weird.

My room needed upgrading. For a 4 star was shocking. No nozzle for the shower, cracks on all the tiles and stains on bath. My children were scared of the shower as the water came out very fast and noisy and as two of my children have autism this was very hard for them.

I was looking forward to my stay at the flamingo oasis this time round as I enjoyed it so much the last time, but unfortunately the hotel has went down hill.

Room Tip: Try a room higher up for a better view and quality of room
2  Thank Donnaj25