“cleanest hotel ever stayed in”

Hotel Flamingo Oasis
Ranked #46 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“cleanest hotel ever stayed in”

Pro's -
Clean, clean clean - I was able to eat everything (including seafood) without the slightest concern. To put this into perspective the last time I stayed at an AI hotel I ended up receiving jags as I was so unwell with Gastroenteritis so trust me the standard of cleanliness and freshly prepared food is outstanding.
The rooms were spotless and cleaned every day.

Entertainment - Excellent. It is obvious that a lot of work goes into the shows at night and Dan ensures that there are many laughs along the way with natural comedic timing.

Food - Great choice in the restaurant for the adults. The kids preferred the pool bar for most food which also provided freshly made to order food.

Cons -
RECEPTION MANAGER -Although not the be all and end all I found the reception manager to be rude and offhand with his remarks. I had paid a lot of money for this hotel which specifically states that all rooms have a pool view.......this is not the case and be aware that if you ask beforehand to have a low floor you will more than likely be put overlooking the car park!! I did manage to get this changed after a lot of fuffing, tutting and waiting on instruction. I was also informed that it was because I had requested a low floor - make requests at your pearl!!
NO FREE WI-FI - In a 4 star hotel I would expect free wifi.
SUN-BED run - see utube

As you can see minor cons. A fantastic hotel, ideal location close to beach, waterpark, circus and mundomar with tons of fun activities for all to join in as much, or as little, as you like.

Room Tip: higher floor as you have great views and will find it easier to get in the lifts as they were always...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shawster500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,348)
  • Polish first
Kent
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Came home yesterday after 2 week stay from 12th July 2014 with husband and 5 year old daughter. Overall had a lovely holiday but was looking forward to coming home towards the end of the second week! Found the hotel quite monotonous! However, positives first! The hotel is extremely clean. Everywhere. It is a very tightly run ship like I have never seen before! And it needs to be what with some of the guests leaving dirty nappies etc by the pool - gross. The bedrooms are brilliant. Large, clean, maids fabulous, clean towels etc... No complaints at all. Food is excellent. Always hot, good quality, plenty of choice, refilled immediately and absolutely no issues at all. Shame there was not more Spanish dishes though! We stayed by the pool one day then didn't bother again. Like most hotels in benidorm they are tall, hold a lot of people but do not have the land to support the amount of guests, hence pool too small and in my view boring. Packed in like sardines with sorry to say some unsavoury guests was not our cup of tea. No room to swim, splash around. Plus I like to get out and not stay in the hotel for two weeks which would drive me mad. So we went to the beach most days which in my view is what holidays are all about, you can lay by a pool anywhere. The beach is fifteen minutes walk, gorgeous but has random rocks as you walk out. But loved it! Meeting different people every time and nationalities etc, riding the waves and spotting fish! We therefore ate our lunch out everyday also so did not get bored with the hotel restaurant as others have said.
Entertainment is good. My daughter used the Thomson kids club and loved it especially the choc and pajama party! The hotel mini disco was the same every night and after the first week she got bored. We only stayed up to watch the adult entertainment twice and it seemed ok, they put in a bloody good effort. Can't comment on day entertainment as we were out.
Went on a boat trip to peacock island where we saw three peacocks in a cage!!! But it was nice as I love boat trips. Also visited Mundomar and my daughter and I did the dolphin experience which was excellent. The dolphin show was also very good.
There are some daft rules in the hotel and it is a bit like school but I suppose due to some of clientele they feel they need to keep tight reigns. Eg 2 queues for hot and cold drinks. So my husband queued with one other to get me a coffee then had to join another queue at the same bar right next to the first one with twenty people in it yo get a coke!!! So queuing twice helps keep the queues down does it? Mmmmm! Anyway it's a minor annoyance.
We enjoyed our break and I would recommend it but would not go back due to liking to visit other places and the lack of pool space and would want to be right near a beach next time.

Room Tip: I emailed and asked or low floor and pool view due to fear of heights. I got floor 11 and view of ho...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KatMatKent
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We are just back from a week here and would definitely go back. Rooms are quite large with great beds cleaned with fresh towels daily. Some people have previously reported problems with the lifts but to be honest we didn't experience any issues. Food was fab, lots of choice mainly catering for the British, chef cavery every evening (the roast beef and gravy were perfect) rooms have sky sports and what we get as free view here at home. Strongbow and San Miguel on draft for the all inclusive. Evening entertainment was very very good a lot of time effort and planning goes into it and you can tell, we went out a couple of nights but to be honest for what you get in the hotel we preffered staying in there. I only have two gripes: 1, there are no tables and chairs to sit out in the sun, it's all sunbeds if you want a table and chair you are sat in the food/drink areas under cover. Must say though it's mega busy there are more than enough sunbeds to go round. 2nd it that for a drink you can either go to the pool bar or hotel bar both of which are up stairs which I felt was dangerous. Bottom line would def go back.

2 Thank Kerry H
Spils
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Fantastic hotel and great food would definitely go back the club class rooms bar and pool were amazing sun all day round in the roof pool even though it was October. Food was really good there was a good selection every meal time and most nights there was a special on

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cathy F
Manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review whilst still here at the Flamingo Oasis as I feel it will be very honest and I also need to get a lot off my chest. In Lehman terms, if you have booked this hotel already but have not yet paid your full balance then my advice is change it and go somewhere else. We wish we had. Whilst I suppose I am accustomed to more luxurious properties, I have also stayed in 3* properties throughout the world and have not experienced some of the ridiculous rules,regulations and procedures carried out here at Flamingo Oasis.
Check in was ok. Fairly quick and greeted with a drink. Rooms were also ready which we were pleased with considering we arrived on an early flight. We weren't given any directions on how to get to our rooms though so kinda guessed and followed the signs. Not a huge issue but just a little customer service goes a long long way.
Our room is on the second floor at the end which we were really happy with. Also have a pool view. Yes, it's a tad noisy till midnight but this doesn't bother us. In fact, it's that difficult to get a seat to watch the entertainment that most nights we sit on our balcony to watch the entertainment. Our room is spacious with plenty of storage space. Bathroom is also large. However, bath is extremely slippy and I have a huge bruise where I slipped and banged my arm last night. Just to add I am t total so alcohol was definitely not a contributing factor.
Food is just awful. I can think of no other words to describe it quite frankly. Poor quality, poor choice and as said in previous reviews, just chips, chips, and more chips. I did have some nice beef off the carvery one evening. Unfortunately this has not been repeated. My husband who is vegetarian is really struggling and we have eaten out nearly everyday because of this. Make sure you bring lots of extra spends. You will most definitely need it. Also make sure you bring ear defenders as last night it was Mexican night in the restaurant and the singer was so loud you would have heard him at Alicante airport am sure. I raised this with a member of staff and she just shrugged her shoulders. We weren't the only ones unhappy with this. We saw several families just up and leave mid meal as it was unbearable. The guy couldn't even sing.
As for the swimming pool, I haven't had chance to use it yet as I am unable to get a sunbed at any time of the day it would appear. Unless you join the sunbed dash at 8.45am you don't stand a chance and up until now I have flatly refused to do this. I have never had to do it in any other hotel I have stayed in. In my opinion it's dangerous and stupid at best. However, in order for my son to go in the pool I may have to bite the bullet and join the sunbed Olympics. I raised this with Matt, the thomson rep and he said that that's just the way it's done here. Well, guess what Flamingo Oasis management, it just doesn't work. Everyone complains about it. About time you listened to your clientele.
Drinks are ok. We don't drink but everyone else seems to be enjoying them. Seen quite a few people a bit drunk. Mainly in the evening.
Location of the hotel is pants. Being a newbie to Benidorm, we just didn't realise how far away we were from everything. Oh well, it's not like we will be returning. I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyes to be quite truthful.
If you do decide to come to Benidorm then a must visit is Mundomar. We went today and it was by far the best day of our holiday so far. We have 10 days to go so maybe the jeep safari trip, waterpark or waterfall trip will out do it.
In all, this has to be quite possibly the worst holiday we have ever had the displeasure of taking. We will never return to Benidorm, it truly is like Blackpool in the sun and I don't like Blackpool either because of the people it attracts. It's a good job we have more than one holiday a year because I would be totally devastated if I had to wait another 12 months for a holiday. Roll on February for Dominican Republic Royalton Punta Cana.
Top tips- spend as much time out of the hotel as possible.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank NicVicHank
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have just returned from the Flamingo Oasis this week.
l usually like 'cultural' holiday- so was nervous of the Benidorm Repution.
lt was better than l had expected
Before going l read several reviews.
We are a couple in our 50's and booked the club rooms on the 22nd floor.
lf you are a couple with no children- l would certainly recommend the Flamingo. And l would also say its a good hotel for families. The rooms are large-air-conditioned. 4 double wardrobes with plenty of storage space for clothes.
There were 2 beds pushed together- the size equal to our king sized at home. The beds were comfy and we both slept well. There are tea and coffee making facilities BUT ONLY in CLUB ROOMS.
The bathroom is large with a large shower over a bath, and also a hand shower. Hairdryers in bathroom with plenty of plug sockets. There are 2 large sinks with large mirrors over them .. and good lighting for applying make-up. Plenty of storage space in the bathroom also.
The balcony has 2 chairs which can lie flat- good view over pool and sea view from top floors.
The balcony is lovely -but the sun doesn't penetrate the balcony enough to sunbathe.
The rooms are cleaned everyday- and the fridge topped up with water daily- BUT ONLY IN CLUBROOMS.
There is a lovely pool on the roof - adult only- with a bar with lovely /friendly staff.
Plenty of loungers on the terrace everytime we went up.

Whilst we were there we did get a few sarcastic comments in the lift about our clubcards.
People were sayin/ and l read this in reviews- that clubcards gave people priority in lifts. (club rooms are 4 top flights/adults only)
THIS IS NOT TRUE. we had to queue and wait our turn like EVERYONE else. The card has to be swiped - because it will only allow you to go to the top 4 floors if you have a clubcard- !!!
The food is plentifull. Mostly English- but a good variety. A few of the choices were bland- but so what!! choose another! stop moaning.
Again club rooms don't queue.. everyone else does. But it took MINUTES for everyone to be seated- and why shouldn't they check your card!!! Anyone could come in for free food. We didn't queue but still had to show our cards. And clubroom guests have paid extra remember!!!
The brochure says you have to dress for evening meal (trousers) but luckily they have relaxed that rule!!!
The entertainment team that work for the hotel are amazing. They NEVER stop- always smile .. and will chat to anyone when they aren't dancing. The shows were excellent.
There were a couple of artists who come just to do hourly slots throughout the week- a couple of those were rubbish/ pub singers. But we still enjoyed it and had a laugh.
The entertainment for children is good- and there are several activities throughout the day for both adults and children.
The poolside does get busy- so for people who need to be near the pool with children - they wait until 8.30 EVERYDAY and there is a mad dash to get the best spots - which is hilarious to watch from the balcony.
The Thompson team are on site 7 days a week- which l think is excellent - and all their staff were top notch!
l will return again- and hopefully with my grandchildren to experience the lower rooms ... and queue like everyone else!!!!
Clubrooms have free wifi- not sure about lower rooms.

Room Tip: lf you travel with children request a lower ground floor as lifts get busy. Request a fridge- you h...
6 Thank carol f
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed in a club suite from 12th july for 10 days and weren't disappointed on arrival we got a glass of champagne which was very welcoming then up to the room, the room was very spacious and had lovely bathrooms with double sinks the good thing about upgrading your room is your safe and your remote is free instead of having to pay also I thought the higher rooms were better as it was a lot quiter and the views were stunning. also when you were in a club suite you had the roof top terrace which was stunning with a nice little pool and bar which done snake bite -lager and cider on draft which I like and it was relaxing. also it had a club lounge which was lovely with a range of branded drinks to help yourself to and use of laptops and free wifi. I thought the food at this hotel was very good there was always something different every day and not the same thing as most of the other all inclusive hotels. was a bit of a walk to beach but I enjoyed the walk, good entertainment plenty of bars across the road and close to Benidorm palace we went to show boat near the hotel and enjoyed that. the hotel also had a gym and sauna and a games and cinema room which I though would be brilliant for kids. all in all had a lovely stay and will definitely be back. :)

Room Tip: As couples club suite (adults only)
2 Thank kenny88xr2