This was our second visit to the Flamingo Oasis (we re-booked 3 weeks after we returned home last year) we came back after last years fantastic experience. As again the hotel was spotless with cleaners making sure the place was very clean, the reception staff and bar staff were friendly and professional, as were the restaurant staff. We arrived about 12:30pm and were met with a glass of wine while we were in the Q to get our key cards which was a nice touch. We requested a low floor and were allocated a room on the 3rd floor. The room was the same as last years 2 beds and 2 sofa beds. The famous 'sunbed run' is funny to see but i didn't really want to be beside the pool (don't want to continually get splashed) so we sauntered down about 5 mins after and got spaces to the right hand side of the stage (it's nearer the Laguna bar and toilets). There is plenty of choice in the Azure restaurant has plenty of choice on offer and hold regular theme nights. The only fault i could find was the lamb, it was very grizzley and not too nice. But everything was spot on and i may have helped myself to a 2nd helping :-) For me the highlight was roast chicken, gravy and chips, a simple meal but the chicken was lovely. Breakfast has all the usual suspects sausage bacon eggs (fried, scrambled,boiled), mushrooms, tomatoes, continental breakfasts as well as cold meats and cheese and fruits. There is also a toast machine with butter, marg (not Simpson), jams and marmalades. Food is also available in the Laguna bar but is mainly snack foods, burgers, chicken wings/nuggets, skewers, onion rings, chips, wedges. the laguna bar has a policy of shoes on and no food in the pool area, simple rules but some people dont want to do this!! Just follow the rules and stop giving your countrymen a bad reputation!! The rooms are large enough for 4 and are cleaned everyday by friendly staff, you can request a fridge in your room but its 35e per week for a basic soft drinks package which includes, 2 cans of orange,lemon,pepsi and 4 bottles of water and gets re-filled once a week! a wee bit expensive for an all inclusive hotel!! The beer and spirits are not as strong as what you get in outside bars but imagine a hotel full of pissed people!!! Onto the best bit about the hotel...The Entertainment staff, it starts about 11:30am with activities such as Quizzes, water gym, french bowls, football, then after that at 12:30pm we have the 'Flamigames' these whacky games are simple but really funny and you can win the world famous 'Flamingo Oasis T-shirt'. Games such as throw the bouquet behind you into a target, catch the stick, spit the ice-cube (not the rap singer), catch a ball in a bucket on your head, paper airplane flying, amongst others. There are activites for everyone children, teens and adults. The adult activities starts at 3pm with air rifle shooting, archery, darts, water polo, killer pool. I joined in most of them apart from the water polo (cant swim). Then on the Saturday they have Guests V's Entertainers its involves all activities shooting, darts, archery and water polo and gets very competitive :-D At night the entertainment starts at 8:30pm with the kids mini disco then about 9:15 the games start, Play your cards right and the quiz were on before the main entertainment came on at 10pm. The main shows were brilliant, Grease, Blues brothers, Hollywood nights were among the ones that remain in my memory, there was Dirty dancing as well. The entertainment staff are brilliant and work very hard both in having fun with guests and working on the evening show. A special mention has to go to Dan of the Entertainment team as he really makes the place rock. A final bit to say is there seems to be a lot of returning guests and we will be one of them, that in itself tells you something. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, beach and sea are waiting for you in Benidorm. Fun and comfort.... at the Flamingo Oasis Hotel. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is located in the Mediterranean's leading tourist resort: Benidorm, which has all the services needed to meet the needs of the millions of tourists who visit the city all year round. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is in the new part of the city. It is a four-star all-inclusive hotel with 398 comfortable rooms and many facilities to make your holidays as fun and entertaining as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Flamingo Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Flamingo Oasis Hotel Benidorm
- Benidorm Flamingo Hotel Oasis
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis Benidorm