“Mixed review of this aparthotel”

Apartamentos Levante Beach
Ranked #23 of 104 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Mixed review of this aparthotel”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is a difficult review. My husband and I have been to Benidorm many times and know that it can be a very lively resort depending upon where you decide to spend time. This was a very late booking and as the resort was busy therefore accommodation choice was limited.
Positive aspects of the aparthotel - we were there on an all inclusive basis.
Dining - the food was very good indeed. Great choice and delicious. The dining room staff worked hard were friendly and kept everything
clean and tidy. The dining room was over the road at the Levante Club apartments.
Bar /pool bar-again hard working friendly staff - the drinks were ok-hubby thought the beer was good and the local spirits/wine were acceptable.
Apartment- very spacious - we were pleasantly surprised to see that we had a 2 bed apartment and there was only my husband and myself. Exceptionally clean and well stocked but as we were all inclusive we did not really need that except for 2 cups and a kettle for coffee in the morning. I requested a low floor and my request was at least considered on the 5th floor. I cannot go in a lift so walked up the stairs but better that floor 11 I suppose. Large balcony. The shower was always hot and had a good water flow. Water in the kitchen hot as well so was great for washing clothes out.
Negatives
Dining-The décor did not do the place justice. More like a staff canteen.
Bar/pool bar-main complaint was that every drink whether drunk inside at the bar area or outside at the pool was in a cheap nasty plastic cup and that included tea/coffee. Wine out of a plastic cup was not a good experience. Having said that I can understand the need for that in the pool area - but not inside. But - when I saw some of the customers and their antics I can understand why the need for plastic. Drinking out of a plastic cup spoiled the whole holiday experience.
Apartment - would have liked the towels changed every day not 2x in the week.
The clients - there were many all male all female groups in the complex mostly in the Club apartments. Most of them behaved but some of them were very noisy-a group were throwing all sorts out over their balcony which was a dangerous thing to do especially as there were folk underneath trying to enjoy a relaxing drink. Now I understand the rationale for plastic cups. This is a shame because the holiday was not cheap so we did not want a cheap experience.
Reception area in the Levante Beach apartments was totally un inviting. When we arrived we asked ourselves what have we done. The décor needs upgraded with nice lighting. It is a 3 star after all and compared with other 3 star hotel/apartments it was left far behind. The reception staff though were very nice and helpful.
Some of the clients did not respect others, the staff and the accommodation. This is outwith the control of the hotel staff. Just because its Benidorm does not mean that you need to misbehave. I know its a party resort and that is not an excuse to be noisy and behave inappropriately. Well done to the staff for dealing with this type of thing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Muriel289
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
We appreciate all your comments, both positive and negative that help us constantly improve the service we give our customers. Best Regards

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

after reading the previous reviews we did not know what to expect. This place was excellent for 3 star....the rooms were clean, bedding and towels changed every 3 days. Pool areas very clean...great food with several choices. Breakfast excellent, bacon, fried eggs, scrambled eggs all fab. I would recommend these apartments, i normally go 4 star in Ibiza there really is no different in fact the food at Lavante beach is better than 4 star in Es Cana Ibiza. All the staff here went out of their way to accommodate us. Great Holiday great apartment great staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank juliejulez3
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
We appreciate your words about our apartments. I transmit your comments to all my comrades who were sure glad because their job is to get the satisfaction of our customers and these messages indicate that you are doing well.Best regards.
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel despite the negative reviews. The receptionists Bea Sylvia and veronica went out of their way to help everyone not just me. The food was excellent and plentiful and again the staff were brilliant. The entertainment was varied and good to watch thanks to eve who never stopped smiling. Will definitely go back to this hotel thank you

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lawrence2k14
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Booked a last minute summer holiday to the 3 star A/I resort at Levante beach apartments. Myself and my 7 yr old daughter and my mate and his 2 boys (7/8) had an apartment to share.Arrived late on the transfer, checking in was no problem and reception let us have a well deserved drink. The apartment itself, was very small. I shared a 3 quarter bed with my daughter in one room, my mates 2 boys had the twin, and he had the sofabed. Very cramped, but like everything you get used to it. Facilities were basic, but the entertainment team worked extremely hard to keep everyone happy. The pool polo being very popular ! No problem getting sunbeds, despite reading to the contrary here. Great for the children, and less than 5 minutes to the beachfront for a change of scenery. The food was excellent, and there was plenty of choice. The staff, in particular Jesus, were great, friendly and helpful. We had no issues getting a drink at the bar inside or outside despite them being monopolised by the usual plebs from 1100 onwards. (you know who you are !) Overall, a success for us, especially the children who had a great time. If you are looking to travel on a budget, then this hotel and it's friendly team comes recommended. Paul

Room Tip: Apparently rooms in the main hotel are of better quality !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Redders67
levanteclub, Director Comercial at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for wasting two minutes to leave your comments about your stay at our apartments. For us it was a pleasure to share this day with you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The way we were treated was top notch. The apartment was clean and the pool and entertainment was great. Our thomson rep jodie was extremely helpful and really nice to talk to. U wouldn't think she was a rep. Good laugh :-) would definitely book up again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank wullye442
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to do our daily work that our clients are as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards
Stevenage
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I must abmit after reading some of the reviews about the levante apartments I did try to change hotels before we went. Im so glad I didn't, my wife, two teenage sons and three other family members totally enjoyed ourselves. All inclusive was perfect.the food is fantastic. Great choice and plenty of it! Hotel was good rooms clean and the staff hard working and pleasant. ..overall we had a fantastic stay and my thanks to all the catering,bar,cleaning and entertainment staff at the Levante Club Apartments....Thank You!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank colin0311
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
It is a pleasure to receive your comments and is more pleasure to welcome you to our apartments and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We read the terrible reviews before we went and actually went into the travel agents to change hotels. This wasn't possible so we had to go any way. What we found was a very clean, friendly place which had nice clean pools which were ideal for our kids. Don't get me wrong it's not a 5 star hotel but then your not paying 4 or 5 star price. The rooms were spacious and very clean and had a nice balcony. The food was good all round and you could always find something for everyone to eat. Staff were friendly and helpful and the rep Jodie was around a lot and also very friendly and helpful.Bedidorm is very built up and was noisy( a party town) but then you know this before you go.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Liverpoolscorpian
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Levante Beach, responded to this review, 9 September 2013