“not as good as sandos monaco” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Levante Club & Spa

Hotel Levante Club & Spa
Ranked #33 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“not as good as sandos monaco”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

arrived to check in 22nd june 2013 and there was a big queue. could have had more staff to check in. the room and bathroom was clean and spacious. the food was ok but did not have a big selection like sandos Monaco hotel. the staff were friendly and helpful. the snacks were mostly left overs from previous meals. I expected hot dogs hamburgers and pizzas but didn't get them. on 1 occasion we went for snacks and there were a few hamburgers but no buns or t cakes to put them on. 1 day I thought I would have a salad at lunch time so I put salad on my plate, half ate it only to find a human hair under my lettuce (forgive the pun but this is true). at another mealtime my partner found a human hair on a clean plate ready for use and another occasion we sat down with our meals and there was another hair on the tablecloth. this put me right off the food. the salmon that was full of bones. there were large groups of stag and hen parties which were very loud and were using bad language and the stags were taking their shorts off in the pool. the hens were trying to climb the palm trees and were as bad as the boys. the stags were falling out of the pool and throwing each other in. a few people round the pool had said that they wouldn't go back to this hotel even though they had been booking this hotel for years. my partner was 50 whilst on holiday and the hotel sent a bottle of champagne on ice to our room which was a nice gesture. the walkers crisps are expensive to buy at 1.50 euro per bag a normal sized bag not a family bag. we were on the 15th floor with a great view of the pool sea and because our room ended in a number 10 our balcony went round the side of the hotel which had a view of the mountains and waterpark. I would not return to this hotel because of the poor food hygiene. the entertainment at night was ok but not fantastic. the club room downstairs felt clostraphobic.

Room Tip: ones that end in 01 or 10 are more spacious
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (861)
Bonnie Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Ok this may be a bit controversial but here goes.
Ok on arrival the lobby and reception desk was very nice, the staff at reception also very nice, explained the layout of hotel and where various bars etc in the hotel were clearly, there was 4 lifts to service the hotel which were a reasonable speed to cover 20 floors and very clean, up to our room which was 1810 and the room was lovely, large with comfy beds, large tv and safe (2.50 per day), plenty of space for clothing and a large walk in toilet with separate bath(with shower) and also another power shower as well as separated WC and bidet, spotless clean, only negative point was that the door to the power shower did not quite fit the opening and so it let water out of the base onto the marble tiled toilet floor (dangerous) but plenty of towels to mop it up, then out to the balcony which is large with superb views, it has a table with 2 chairs, a drying rack and 2 sunbeds.
Now down to the bars etc, the lobby bar was lovely with good polite service from the tenders, the pool bar again was nice with a security guard on patrol and again polite service,the brands of drinks were ok Vodka & Bacardi and the beer was ok for one or two, the pool was average size but the water was salty :-( but it was very clean, there was plenty of sunbeds so no need to be up with the larks to secure one.
The restaurant was very clean and the range of food was very good although there was some items I did not like but that's just my taste there was plenty more, the one thing that I really did not understand is that there was no ice cream for dessert( strange) but hey ho, there was wine and beer and juices etc on tap to help yourself for dinner overall the restaurant was good.
Now the "all inclusive" im sorry but this is NOT an all inclusive as I know it< I would rather put it in the category of a "Full Board" with a drinks package, the reason I say this is that there was NO snacks or ice creams etc outside of the restaurant hours, if you went to the bar and asked for a snack they wanted to charge you even if you are all inclusive, we were told the times were set for meals and snacks and that was it, to cap that I was leaving at 08:15 and I went down to the restaurant on my last day and it was closed until 08:00am, I went down to the reception and asked if we could have breakfast before we left? we were told no unless we went in at 08:00am I said that we wouldn't have time and was told that that's the rules so I actually paid for a days all inclusive and got absolutely nothing for it, also in my booking which was with (travelrepublic) it said on the letter that:
"Notice: PREMIUM ROOM, POOL VIEW AND TERRACE WITH SUNBEDS, FREE INTERNET,WARDROBE, SLIPPERS, CHOCOLATES, WINE AND WATER ON ARRIVAL, TEA AND COFFEE IN ROOM AND 1 FREE ENTRANCE TO SPA LUXOR(MAX 2 TICKETS PER ROOM) LATE CHECK OUT ON REQUEST"
Ok now that's what my booking form says but in actual fact:
1 There is NO slippers, NO Chocolates, No Wine or Water on arrival.
2. NO tea or Coffee in room in fact there was not even a kettle !
3. NO Free entry to Spa (the receptionist looked at me as if I was demented when I asked)

so to sum up:
The hotel is very clean, but the all inclusive is a joke, would I book again? -NO would I recommend this hotel? you decide ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for high floor for great views
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
We take your comments to say that we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks to your feedback we can continue to improve our services every day. Best Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for a week in June 2013 , upon arrival at approx 01.00 we were swiftly checked in without and hassle by a friendly and welcoming receptionist , upon getting to out room we were very satisfied with the cleanliness and size of the room the bathroom was very spacious with bath and shower with a separate shower cubicle . That night as all inclusive had finished we nipped over to a local bar for a snack and a drink which was nice . After a good nights sleep we awoke and went down for breakfast , the choice was fantastic with something for everyone even the fussiest of eaters like myself . The pool area is spotless with a good size swimming pool to cool off and a bar that opens from around 11 where you the bar staff were friendly and cheerful , they have daily activities going on around the pool which are fun if u want to take part lina and Isaac are wonderful and very cheery and don't pressure you to take part . Lunch was at 1 and once again there was loads of choice ,all tables are dressed with linen with plenty of staff on hand looking after your every need always with a smile . There is self service beer and wine and soft drinks all you can ask for really , evening meal was the same plenty of choice and the food was lovely the menu was varied and caters for English people and a variety of international dishes if u wish . Evening entertainment on some nights was ok but overall we were impressed there was something for everyone the quiz every night was funny and got everyone involved and in the mood , if you wish to leave the hotel as we did on a few occasions , the beach was a 15 minute walk and there is a excellent cabaret bar next door to hotel called Levi's showboat which was hilariously funny and we went back another night as well as it was so good , the prices for drinks were very reasonable and again the staff along with Levi himself made our night , we can honestly say this hotel is a fabulous 4star and being adults only makes a difference although you do get the odd stag do we found them ok and they didn't spoil our stay . The hotel is fantastic and we will definitely be returning again next time for a longer stay in wonderful benidorm, there is some other reviews about this hotel which were negative but we didn't find any of them accurate infact they were were misleading and not true but everyone has the own opinion we found it fantastic and can't wait to return . The only thing I would mention is the sun loungers there was enough for everyone but you need to get there early for the best ones but I'm sure this is the same for most hotels . Overall excellent holiday .

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and thank you for the great review. Hope you see you all again soon!
Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Myself and my partner stayed from 28th May - 11th June, it was my first time in Benidorm and my partners 3rd return. We chose this hotel because we read great reviews and saw on the photos and website how nice it is. I'm so glad we chose this hotel as we have now booked to return this year for my birthday in November. ALL the staff on reception, bars and in the restaurant are fantastic, so hard working, so polite and nothing is too much trouble. Nice quick arrival just what you need after travelling! Room was immaculate (508)(fifth floor) clean, fresh, modern and a lovely welcome with the balcony doors open and soft lighting. Food - Couldn't be better, so much choice (I am the fussiest eater) the meal times and snack times are brilliant we went on many days out and never managed to miss a meal at all. The drinks are limited unless you upgrade your all inclusive but what choice there is was fine with us and the bar staff very kindly made us al sorts of cocktails and shots which was fun! The dj downstairs is very comical the games were fun and most nights entertainment was good but could be better it was more aimed at the mature audience (we are 22 and 23). The pool area is lovely however some rather rude people seem to ignore the bins and ash trays. Plenty of sunbeds we never reserved any as there was always plenty available. My partner says the gym was good (free) and i enjoyed the spa however had no treatments as they are pricey. Plenty of pubs ect just across the road with entertainment every night of the week till late. A short walk to the outdoor market, shops and the beach (i thought it was far when i looked on the maps however was just a 5-10min walk). Now for my down sides - we didn't know about the dress code for evening meal we really should have been told this when we booked so i do blame thomson not the hotel at all for this, two weeks is a long time with only 3 t-shirts for dinner and i was very annoyed when i saw men in vests, hats and flip flops or women in mini-dresses when we was asked to go change. Secondly some of the older generation were extremely rude at evening meal and in the entertainment bar pushing in the ques and pinching chairs. Finally i was slightly uncomfortable with the room cleaner leaving our balcony door open or unlocked when the room was cleaned to come back after a full day out was a bit of a shock this did stop when i informed reception. I have one gripe with Thomson there rep was very bubbly and polite at the welcome meeting but if you saw her during the holiday after that it just seems she couldnt be bothered not even a thank you when we bought some days out costing over 160euros... having said that its not the hotel that was thomson! All in all i don't think my three bad points are that bad they were easily rectified and we really did have the best holiday ever, roll on November 9th when we return. We was very sad to go home and say goodbye to all the staff we would like to thank you all so much for making our holiday the best! .........((P.S Apologies for the amount of times my partner did the GANGNAM STYLE he is now banned from doing this haha)) xx

Room Tip: If you like a quiet early night then go for a higher room, there is a bit of noise from the flamingo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BBxxCP
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to do our daily work that our clients are as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Levante Club Hotel 15th - 22nd June. We met friends there who had travelled the previous week. What a fantastic holiday. The hotel, staff and food were amazing. Only one thing let this hotel down was the stag/hen parties - shouting, screaming and items being thrown from balconies and completely taking over the pool. If you want people to return then the policy of stag/hen parties needs to be looked at. We are looking to return to Benidorm next year for a 2 week stay this time but we are looking at other hotels to compare.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janet B
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Me and my hubby have just returned from the Levante Club Hotel, we stayed there June 18th to 25th, arrived early afternoon, had a small wait to get checked in but rooms were available not long after, and told we could eat from the buffet straight away, the rooms were spacious and very clean, we were on the 17th floor, wow what a view, though not for the feint hearted! The rooms had hair dryer but ladies a word of warning take your own, as these ones make a noise but that's all haha. The food was excellent! Lots of choice. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The only thing we weren't happy about was there's not enough sun loungers for a hotel this size!! Two days we couldn't get a lounger at all, apart from that, excellent hotel :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank neil-lynn
We appreciate your words about our hotel. I transmit your comments to all my comrades who were sure glad because their job is to get the satisfaction of our customers and these messages indicate that you are doing well.Best regards.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We holidayed at this hotel between Tuesday 18th and Tuesday 25th of June 2013. It was our first time in Benidorm and our first holiday on an all inclusive basis.

My partner and I are both vegetarian and knowing how difficult it can be sometimes to find catering to suit, particularly in a different country, we explained quite clearly to our travel agent what our requirements were. We were delighted to have this hotel recommended to us on this basis, being assured that vegetarian options at all meal times would be available and varied. Happy with all the other features of this hotel, we booked and paid for the holiday last September.

To our great disappointment, this hotel fell well beyond what we expected with respect to the food. Please be clear, this is not in respect of the quality of the food available, but simply in terms of the lack of variety of vegetarian options. Omlettes contained pieces of ham, a vegatable medley contained pieces of chicken and soups were made with meat stock to name but a few examples. It was very clear by day 3 that our only options for lunch and dinner were to stick to the small variety of salad and vegetables that were available. Now some may suggest that the very fact that salad and vegetables were available meant that our needs had been catered for. Well, I hate to break this to people, but vegetarians don't just eat salad and vegetables and compared to the extensive variety of fish, cuts of beef, cottage pie, sausages, burgers, fish fingers, lasagne and pizza that everyone else could choose from, we felt we were being treated very unfairly. Even a chickpea salad, which would have been a welcome change, was filled with Tuna. Having had a conversation with one of the chefs on the last day, it seems that they label anything vegetarian when it happens to contain a vegetable, irrespective of it contains meat.

It got to the point where we could no longer eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner because everything was becoming so repetitive and had to spend extra money in order to eat elsewhere. To compound matters, diagonally across from the hotel was a supermarket that to our horror actually sold everything we would usually use at home, from Soya milk right through to veggie burgers. Had we known this, we would have still holidayed in Benidorm, but stayed at self-catering apartments and simply bought the food we needed for the week in the safe knowledge of finding no nasty surprises and actually have a bit of variety to our meal times.

In terms of other features of the hotel, we were on the 19th floor which offered an amazing view. The room itself was spacious but slightly tired in places in that the wallpaper was starting to peel and the curtains were slightly torn. The area behind the wall lamps were dusty on arrival and remained that way throughout our stay. My partner tidied up most of the room and had the sheets etc removed from the bed on the days these were changed and made the bed on the other days to help the maid. The only day we did not do this was the second last day and that was because we were on a tour. When we came back in the afternoon, the maid had obviously been and gone but the bed had not been made.

Small nit-picky points. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room which became quite a pain when you had to attend at the lounge bar on the reception level from the 19th floor everytime you wanted a drink. There was also only one powerpoint in the room, located in the bathroom. Obviously this has been placed there for shavers, however doesn't appear to be the safest place in the room for leaving things to charge.

Wi-fi was slow, but it was also free. There are 4 lifts and they constantly make a mechanical click noise which goes on throughout the night, driving us mad as our room was near to the lift area.

On a good point, the staff, particularly in the lounge bar and restaurant worked tirelessly.Some reviews immediately previous to this refer to loutish behaviour by a stag party that arrived on the Friday to Monday. We were also at the hotel during the time however, we did not witness any untoward or unwarranted behaviour at all. Whether this was because we just weren't in the right place at the right time or because we were on the 19th floor and unable to hear any comments, I don't know. Having read previous reviews about the same problem, I was initially apprehenive when we discovered a stag party had arrived, but they caused us no problems at all.

I also used the Luxor fitness centre for 3 days of the holiday. It is well appointed with a variety of cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights.

All in all, I can see the viewpoint of the other travellers who enjoyed their stay at this hotel. It is a good hotel, but unfortunately for us, availability of food is a deal breaker, particularly on an all-inclusive holiday and we will not be returning.

1 Thank Freddynoo
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
In our buffet we have, vegetables and salads but if the client says he is a vegetarian on his arrival day. The chef would be happy to make him everyday food and special dinner .
Sorry sorry for the inconvenience caused and it is important that the travel agent give us more information about the customer; or the customer in the check in time
We have special menus for celiacs, allergic people, vegetarians, etc ... but we need to know.
Regards