“Two for one!”

Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Two for one!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel now for 8 times since it opened in 2002 including twice last year. Obviously there's no point in comparing it with how it is now to how it was then so I'll concentrate on what it's like now.

Rooms: Rooms are very large with two beds (three in some rooms). You have to pay to hire a fridge which is done by purchasing one of two minibar options, the more expensive being 24€ last October. I was there for 8 days so 3€ per day wasn't that bad to say it was full of booze and soft drinks.
Bathroom has a separate bath and shower cubicle with the bath also having a shower attachment. Toiletries are supplied being toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, shower gel, bath gel, shower cap and comb. These used to be in separate small bottles/sachets but are now in a sealed pack.
Hotel itself is very modernistic and minimalist.
Food is what you would expect in a hotel but of a fairly decent quality with some Spanish style dishes along with the usual English options. Some days are better than others with a large seafood selection one night.

The all-inclusive drinks aren't the best but they're drinkable although the wine in the dining room isn't worth bothering with.

Pool area is nice with an adequate number of sunbeds. Only problem is no-one enforces the 'no drinks in the pool' rule which, as you can guess, was mainly flaunted by the stag/hen style groups. Overall, I found them not too badly behaved - just a bit noisy. Didn't come across any causing trouble although in October I was there when one of the hen parties was who left a review earlier. They thought that the barman didn't like them because they were noisy but I thought it was that they seemed noisy due to the way the bar is built which makes sound reverberate. They didn't bother me and I'm notoriously grumpy!
Anyway, I'm off there again shortly so we'll see what it's like now.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 10 on each floor have larger balconies as they curve round the ends of the hotel: room 1...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wigan_Frank62
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to do our daily work that our clients are as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Finnish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My friends and I returned yesterday from 3 nights at the Levante - we were a group of 5 Hens....!
It's a shame the hotel is given a reputation due to the many Stag and Hen parties - we were not a loud group and didn't think any of the Stag Parties were either - seemed to be all good fun in the sun and didn't see any trouble.
I think the clue is in the hotel description - this is an Adult only hotel, therefore lets all relax a little. I don't think it's Rocket Science to work out that an Adult Only hotel is going to bring in same sex groups up for a good time. The fact they are taking their parties to a hotel with no children is just common sense....

The hotel is fantastic and we were really happy with our stay from start to finish. The roms were spacious and cleaned daily. The food was superb - full English for breakfast if you wanted! Lunches and dinners a choice of many different meats, potatoes and salad.....we had Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddings on Friday evening!!
The walk to the main bar strip in Benidorm is around 10 minutes and easy peasey.

My only niggle points might be that you have to pay to unlock your fridge.....who wants warm water?! Also were there on an All Inclusive deal and they didn't give you a wrist band like many hotels do....instead you had to show your room key card and we were often questioned who the drinks were for......personally I think a wrist band is just so much easier than having to worry about pulling your key card out your pocket all the time.
We had also paid the extra €8 per day to upgrade to premium drinks and even though our key card was Black which showed we were Premium, the bar staff still wanted to serve the cheaper brands so we had to literally shout more than once that we wanted San Miguel or Smirnoff!
It was hard work some times.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.......the Hen and Stags shouldn't be a problem but if you are after a quiet hotel then perhaps you might want to look elsewhere, if you are going on holiday for a fun time and not a long time I'd say don't hesitate - book Levante!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Recently stayed at the Levante Club Hotel for 11 nights. Hotel was in an excellent spot, just a short walk from beach and main bars etc. The staff were excellent very helpful and friendly. Food was excellent always something tasty and wide variety. Rooms were very spacious and very clean. The only problem was the Stag and Hen party’s that spoilt the weekend they just over took the pool and hotel it was like a 18-30 hotel. Its a shame that such an ideal hotel was spoilt by this I’m afraid we wont be going back.

Room Tip: we stayed on floor 11 it was quite high but no noise
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate all your comments, both positive and negative that help us constantly improve the service we give our customers. Best Regards
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We chose this holiday because it was supposed to be adults only, what they didn't tell you was they had 24 year old adults behaving like 4 year old's, beer in brains out, I reported to reception that drinks had been spilt in the bar area and it was dangerous as it had tiled floors, it took another report to get the floor mopped and made safe for the other guests, The bar area had no atmosphere, it was laid out like a caf'e, the entertainment wasn't up to much, had a very racist comedian on which went down like a lead balloon, We where on the 15th floor and to say this was a 4 star hotel it was in need of updating, there where dirty ripped carpets, chewing gum outside the lift which was there the whole week we was there, on a lighter note the food was okay, something for everyone, would I go again, NO...........

Room Tip: ask for a high floor overlooking the pool.
1 Thank james y
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we appreciate all customer feedback as it helps us to improve our services to our guests.

All guests in Hotel Levante Club are respectable and respected and therefore we have security 24h a day to make sure no bad behaviour occurs and every guest of our establishment fulfills their expectations
Lincoln
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have just spent two weeks at this hotel as a couple and I have a fairly mixed reaction to my holiday. Firstly the Hotel itself is excellent, clean, and modern with very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are air conditioned, spacious with acceptable beds, lots of storage, a very good size on-suite bathroom with separate bath, shower, toilet and bidet. There is a large plasma TV with a good range of channels, but I didn’t particularly want to watch TV whilst on holiday, apart from the news in the morning. The balcony was large with the normal table and chairs, plus clothes dryer. It faces the pool as all rooms do and gets the sun for most of the day, especially in the late afternoon. The downside to the room is there is a fridge, but this is locked unless you want to pay for the contents of the mini bar (why would you do that on an AI holiday?) and you cannot just rent the empty fridge. This means it is difficult to have a cold drink or cold water in the room. There is only one plug socket, not enough in my opinion and I also felt 32 Euros for the safe was a bit extortionate, but a necessary expense.

The pool area is good with a nice bar and plenty of sun-loungers although you still get the 7am reservation squad, putting towels on them and not surfacing until midday, very annoying but an integral part of the British holidaymaker, which nothing can be done about.

Check-in was swift, friendly and efficient and the Reception staff and also the Thomson’s holiday rep (Charlie) were very helpful with information on local attractions, transport etc., even though I made it clear I wouldn’t be booking any excursions as I prefer to do my own thing and don’t like organised trips. Also I didn’t experience any of the security problems (thieves, pick-pockets etc.) that other reviewers have suggested affects this Hotel in fact it was very safe and secure. The hotel is on the edge of Benidorm about 15 mins walk from the beach and the main town area. There are buses and taxis outside and the costs are very reasonable (1.45 Euros per bus journey and fixed taxi fares). There is also a range of bars and restaurants outside the Hotel, but everything in this part of Benidorm seemed to finish at midnight, so no problems with noise in the room.

The food was good, served in a buffet style for all meals with a huge choice and range which should satisfy the most fussy of eaters. If anyone says they couldn’t find anything they liked, then they must have pretty strange eating habits. Be aware there are two separate serving areas that look identical, but serve a different range of dishes, so look around before you make your selection. There is also a grill and roast area and hot British Puddings. There is Beer, Wine and Sangria on tap as well as cold water and soft drinks at lunch and dinner and also some very nice bottled red and Rose wine available which is nicer than the on tap stuff. There is a reasonable dress code for dinner, long trousers for men, dresses, skirts or trousers for women, no beach wear or flip-flops, but unfortunately lots of people simply ignored it and the staff did nothing to enforce it.

The all-inclusive package is a bit strange as other reviewers have suggested. You can only have food in the restaurant and the snacks are available at 1 hour intervals in between the meal times. You cannot take food out of the restaurant and absolutely no food at all is allowed in the pool area. The drinks are the normal local brands, the spirits are fairly weak, for example Rum and Coke tastes like Rum flavoured Coke, with no discernible alcohol content. The beer (Estrelle Damm) is very good but served in tiny measures, a 3rd of a pint, which is annoying; especially as in theory you can have as much as you want, so why not give a choice of size glasses? Everything drunk outside or taken to your room is served in cheap plastic “paper cup” style containers, again not a very pleasant way to enjoy a drink. You have to hand over you room key card every time you go for a drink and this is swiped through the till so everything you drink is recorded and only 4 drinks per person at a time is allowed, so no large rounds, which to be fair is OK as it speeds up the bar service. The bar staff are good, quick, efficient and friendly including one whose name I cannot remember with a wicked sense of humour and a dead pan delivery that made going for a drink entertainment in itself!

The entertainment is also OK, a good range of day time activities organised by Isaac and Litta if you want to join in, but no pressure to do so and decent night time entertainment as well. I went to 4 events over the two weeks. They were a real guitar band playing rock and roll and some up to date stuff as well, a Spanish singer/guitarist, a rock ’n’ roll singer/ comedian and a mixed night of dancing, singing and novelty acts. However be warned, Elvis songs appear to be De-rigour in Benidorm and all entertainers are expected to sing at least one or two of the same 5 Elvis classics , including the Spanish Guitarist/singer. (You know what they are!). I found it a lot better than the normal Karaoke style singers with pre-recorded backing tapes you get at most hotels.
The Spa is well worth a visit, lots of different water therapies to get that sun tan oil and burnt skin off you! I won two free tickets in a quiz, but even if you have to pay, it is a very reasonable 9 Euros for an hour. There is also a very well equipped fitness centre (free for Thomson Customers) and a wide range of Spa and beauty treatments.

Now the bad bit, I read about the stag and hen parties that frequent this hotel, but thought this is Benidorm, you are allowed to enjoy yourself so they won’t be a problem. I was there over two weekends so experienced it twice. A total of about 6-8 hen/stag parties over the two weeks descended on the hotel from the Thursday and stayed until Monday morning on both weeks. Some were OK but others were a complete pain, showing no respect for other guests and abusing the Hotel staff. The 2nd weekend was the worst when two particularly obnoxious hen and stag parties arrived separately but teamed up to cause absolute chaos. They took over the bottom end of the pool and bar area and got worse and worse as the weekend went on. It all came to a head on Saturday afternoon when the Hotel had to get security guards in to deal with their behaviour after being inundated with complaints from other guests. By this time it had degenerated into a drunken orgy of absolutely foul language (and I am no prude, I can swear as much as anyone, but there is a time and place for it). Intimidation of the young barman until he was almost in tears, girls taking their bikinis off or getting them torn off by the lads, people falling into the pool and being too drunk to get out so had to be rescued and then to cop it all, a fight broke out between the lads as well. The hotel management seem well aware they have a problem with stag and hen parties but don’t seem to know what to do about it. I was also annoyed there was nothing on the web site when I booked my holiday warning me of this. The Monday’s when they have all left are blissfully peaceful!

Would I go back? I did enjoy the holiday overall, but I rarely go back to the same place twice, as there are plenty more places I want to visit. The stag/hen party situation needs sorting out otherwise this hotel is going to lose a lot of business, especially from regular customers who have said it is getting steadily worse. The all-inclusive package needs improving to bring it in-line to what other hotels offer and other AI packages I have been on. It does not really fit the true definition of all-inclusive as there are too many restrictions. I agree with a previous review which states it is really full board with a drinks package. I also booked and paid for a late check-out (6PM) and was surprised I couldn’t get into my room after 12. When I went to reception, they gave me a different key card so I could access the room but not get any more drinks on the AI package from the bar, which I thought was a bit mean, especially as I didn’t arrive until 11:30pm on the 1st day of my holiday, so made no use at all of the AI on the 1st day.

Finally a tip for those stag and hen parties: Instead of trying to convince everyone you are having a great time by screaming, whooping, swearing and shouting out random words and football style chants, why not actually try enjoying yourselves? Because from where I was standing you definitely weren’t.

3 Thank MicktheManager
It is a pleasure to receive your comments and is more pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards
cheshire
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed at the Levante Club Hotel for a short midweek mini break with a friend.
We arrived at the hotel at 9.50pm, and the very helpful reception staff suggested we leave our bags and go straight to the dining room (closes at 10pm) whilst we were eating we were checked in and able to go straight to our room after dinner.
Our twin room was very clean and comfortable, minor gripes....

1) The fridge in the room was locked and only available if you purchased the drinks package(we were all inc, so this wasn't feasible for us)
2) No full length mirror in the room
3) The hairdryer was inadequate

Overall though, the beds and bedding were excellent, plenty of wardrobe space, decent sized safe, air con was also very good.Nice that there was a separate showere cubicle as opposed to an over the bath contraption..

The hotel food was good for a spanish buffet style restaurant, but as a vegetarian, choices were very limited, although I had mentioned I was veggie when I booked.
The quality of the food and wine was generally very good, salads were always fresh and nicely presented, the dining room staff were very helpful and cheerful.

The hotel is located away from the beach areas, I have doubts about the 300 metres estimate... it cost just under 5 Euros in a taxi, for saying that, you are also 5 euros away from the town centre idiots, so I think that is a plus point!

The pool area was lovely as there were no children splashing and screaming,sorry parents, but sometimes it is lovely to have some grown up peace!
The pool area weas all concrete, no grass, but kept very clean, No sunbed towels are available, so take your own,
Still the ridiculous habit of reserving sunbeds at 6am, the hotel should just go and move the towels, that would stop this happening and all would get a fair crack at a sunbed.

Room Tip: The higher you go , the better the view, also quieter....There are no sea view rooms as the hotel is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank handbag24
Thanks for sharing your opinion after your stay in our apartments.Nos glad he enjoyed it. Your opinions help us to continue working with energy knowing that we achieved our goal: your satisfaction!
North East England
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel... Very clean & modern with nice big rooms, towels changed daily
Food... Very nice, plenty of choice, nice bars.. 1 x pool bar, 1 x terrace bar, 1 x entertainment bar
Pool... Nice
Gym... Well equipped
Staff... Fab! V friendly & professional
Overall impression... Very nice hotel in a residents area so surrounding bars close at midnight. I would recommend a stay at this hotel but please be warned that there are some Brits who are scruffy, loud, foul mouthed, loose & who have no regard for manners & how they appear to others who if you let them will spoil this lovely hotel. I'm all for having a good time, we work hard & want to enjoy our holidays but some people are a discredit to the UK. (Drunken blokes weeing in the small pool area & then going to dinner in the same clothes...girls practically prostituting themselves to get attention from blokes). Having said that I would return to this hotel but not in June/July time.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank NPB18
We love that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in our city. It was a real pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit. Best Regards