“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in :-)”

Hotel Levante Club & Spa
Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Leek, Staffordshire
“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in :-)”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have just returned from staying in this hotel with my boyfriend (20th-27th July) and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in room 1307 which was pretty high up and gave us a wonderful view of Benidorm.

We booked this in January and started reading the reviews on here from May onwards. I started getting a bit worried by people's comments about the stag and hens, the food and other negative comments. All I can say here is that these people are probably the kind of people who will complain about anything anywhere that they go to! We didn't find anything to complain about at all at this hotel. Yes there are stag and hens, but this probably applies to the majority of hotels in Benidorm, and the ones we encountered were a bit rowdy, but nothing different to what I've seen in England. I agree that smashing glass on the floor and throwing chairs, etc is out of order, but there was none of that kind of thing here. Just people enjoying themselves and having a good time, that is all.

With regards to the food, really have no idea what some people are complaining about here. My boyfriend is one of the fussiest eaters you would ever meet and even he found the range of food to be excellent. Examples at lunch and dinner through the week included ham croquettes, mussels, onion rings, steak pie, chicken wings, pasta, pizza, chips, potato wedges, mixed vegetables, salad and omelettes (this is only a very small list!). For breakfast you could have a continental breakfast or cooked breakfast (or both!). Desserts were also varied too. I noticed a previous review stated that they found most desserts had chocolate on them, however most of the desserts I had didn't!!! Desserts I had included lemon cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, plain pastry, strawberry ice cream and vanilla ice cream. There is also a range of fresh fruit near the desserts, including watermelon which I had every day as it was so yummy!

The rooms themselves are clean and much more spacious than I expected. In the bathroom the hotel provides you with a selection of small toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush and toothpaste (for each of you). I used my own, however my boyfriend used all of the shampoo and shower gel provided by the hotel and these were replenished by the maids in the week. I also had no problems with the hairdryer as other ladies have commented on here. It was powerful enough for my hair.

The range of drinks at the bars in the hotel is excellent. Although some branded drinks aren't included in the all inclusive package, this was no problem for us. We mainly had Fanta lemon in the day (which is included) and at night my boyfriend had the local lager (which he liked) and I had the Spanish version of Baileys and Malibu and coke. If you like Baileys (as I do) you will love this stuff. It's thinner in consistency but tastes just like it. Just ask for Baileys at the bar and they will pour it out for you (and I do mean pour, no measures here, they fill the glass up!).

If you get a chance, I would also recommend the Luxor Spa. This is actually located underneath the hotel. It isn't included in the all inclusive package, however I didn't mind paying the extra. I found it very enjoyable and relaxing, especially the jet pool. There is also a gymnasium underneath the hotel with the spa, this is free to hotel guests.

Last, but definitely not least, the staff in the hotel - friendliest hotel staff I have ever met. The maids, bar staff, reception staff and waiters were all wonderful, nothing was too much trouble, they always went out of their way to give you an excellent service and they really are a credit to this hotel. Thank you all for providing us with a wonderful stay :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to do our daily work that our clients are as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (891)
  • Finnish first
Yanchep, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Excellent all round hotel just as every other review says rowdy at weekends due to stag and hen parties, food was very good with plenty of choice rooms clean and service excellent, all round a good hotel would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Peter Q
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We appreciate your words about our hotel. I transmit your comments to all my comrades who were sure glad because their job is to get the satisfaction of our customers and these messages indicate that you are doing well.Best regards.
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I have just come back from 11 nights all inclusive at this hotel ( 9th - 20th July 2013 ). What a nice change it made to go to an adults only hotel, no screaming children around the pool or in the dining room.
The hotel is in a very nice location, away from the noise of too many clubs open all night, but there are plenty of lively bars to go to if you should wish to.
The hotel is nice and clean, rooms are spacious, fresh towels every day and fresh sheets every 3 days, the air conditioning works extremely well if you remember to close the balcony doors. We had a broken light when we arrived at 10 p.m. but we reported this and it was mended while we were at breakfast the next morning.
Overall, the standard of food is very good, plenty of choice even for fussy eaters like us, always hot, and plentiful. An added bonus was porridge for breakfast which my husband loved.
Staff were excellent, friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Bar staff were great fun, very polite and efficient even when the queues were quite long.
The animation team, Lina and Izaak, were great, always happy and friendly and trying to give guests a good time, although some of the entertainment wasn't that good.
A lot of reviews on here talk about the stag and hen parties and there were some of those when we were there. But even as a pensioner I did not think their behaviour was very bad. They did not monopolise the pool or bar areas, always made room for other guests, and I found some of their antics to be highly amusing, especially the lad who dressed as Borat in his mankini !!!
After all, they've paid for their holiday so why shouldn't they enjoy it ?
The pool area itself was fine, except that there could be a few more sun loungers. The age old habit of getting up at the crack of dawn to put towels on the loungers is still being practised at this hotel. There is also a need for lots more parasols.
In the rooms it would be helpful if there were more power points, and a more powerful hairdryer.
WiFi is strongest in dining room and reception, to get it in the rooms or outside is almost impossible.
Would we recommend to friends and family, Yes most definitely

Room Tip: The higher the room the better view you have of Benidorm
1 Thank BobbieMark
Thank you very much for wasting two minutes to leave your comments about your stay at our hotel. For us it was a pleasure to share this day with you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

After reading reviews on here i was really looking forward to staying here. We where not disappointed a quick check in and then up to our room which was spacious, bright and most importantly clean. The bathroom also had a separate shower and a bath with shower over it. Towels changed daily and bedding changed every second day. We where on the 2nd floor so not really a great view but the balcony was a good size for a little sunbathing in the shade. Shame that it was 2 single beds rather than a double that is the only minor complaint about the room. The restaurant had a good choice of food which was always hot and never a wait to get a table. Drinks in the restaurant where self service you could have your choice of wine, beer, water, sangria, tea/coffee or soft drinks with our lunch and evening meals and in morning fruit juice, water, tea/coffee or cava. Always had a good selection of meat/chicken on offer and the salmon was delicious and i really enjoyed most of the veg on offer. One small complaint was the desserts for me as most of them had chocolate on them, i know a woman complaining about chocolate ( unable to eat dark chocolate as causes migraines and most cakes etc used dark choc).
Staff where very friendly and always courteous to us, bar staff esp when ordering things not included in A/I making sure we knew we had to pay for them. They also made drinks with smaller measures when asked too. I did made use of one of the summer offers for the luxor spa and had my nails done for 20 euros they had other offers on through july and aug and staff at spa where really nice.
The pool was a good size area and had no prob getting a sunbed and enjoyed chilling around the pool. We stayed from 2nd July to 13th July 2013 and didn't see any of the negative behavior described we did spend time at pool and saw some of the evening entertainment. We did spend afternoons and evenings exploring and seeing some of the nightlife. It is true that some stag/hen party's arrived they did spend time at pool or at bar but from ones i seen they where just chilling and relaxing. So i wouldn't let other people put you off with their complaints about them.
The entertainment that we seen was good and it may have been the best i have seen on holidays with my partner, it was more to my taste than him. If the entertainment in hotel is not to your taste then the pubs/bars across the room have some good acts Rachel's lady gaga experience, Michael Jackson where very good and tropical the blues brothers experience was the best tribute act i saw in Benidorm well worth catching them.
It was also my birthday while staying at the Levante and i received a card, balloon and a bottle of ice cold cava, a very thoughtful touch and it really made my day feel a bit more special. I would like to thank Charlie (Thomson rep) and the Levante staff for their kind gesture and gift.
Would def recommend hotel and would stay here again .

Room Tip: A higher room for views
1 Thank drea08
Thank you very much for your comments. Our first aim is the satisfaction of our customers.
We are look forward to seeing you soon.
Regards
hampshire
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just got back from this hotel, as others have said, its a good hotel, nice food with some good bars around. Unfortunately it does seem to accept stag and hen groups, which would probably be ok if there weren't so many. Some of them do behave dreadfully, but not all. The sheer number of them mainly around the pool during the day will not make for a relaxing time. The volume of noise is deafening and as much as I love to see younger people having fun, as others have said, some of them have no regard for anyone else and are there just to get completely slaughtered and behave like animals.
The staff at this hotel are exceptionally good, have time for a joke, and nothings to much trouble, I hope the management know what a great team they have there.
In my opinion if you want to go to a hotel that's more liking to an 18 -30, then this is the hotel for you, if not don't go here, such a pity as it is a nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank maggsymoo
We appreciate all your comments, both positive and negative that help us constantly improve the service we give our customers. Best Regards
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I stopped at levante from fri 5th-8th, as being part of a stag doo and probably the life and sole around the pool and loud myself, really enjoyed my stay met lots of other parties (the scouse) (bristol) (essex)and (the beast from saint Helen's) had fun with all ages around the pool. I find it hard at a ADULTS only that some people have took offence as we would not mean to as we were having fun. As people have said we were all young once!!! and im sure that on some of the above we didn't see any of these things! But let's get it right partying went on past 6!!! But as for the hotel goes it was a brilliant venue helpful, friendly, clean, food was good my only negative would be closer toilets outside to the pool but on a whole a class wkend!!! I can't wait for benidorm 2014 saving now aka Rambo!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AkaRambo
Thank you for leaving such positive comments, I´m sure your fellow Tripadvisors will find it helpful. Hope to see you again soon
Best Regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I will give a honest and truthful review about this hotel. First the good points. The food was very good , absolutely catered for all tastes, good selection too at all meals. The hotel is clean as are the rooms. Towels changed daily, bedding changed every two days. The staff are helpful and very friendly. The bad points are, yes the stag and hen do's. Horrendous !!! Swearing and behaviour was disgusting. They monopolised the pool and had no regard for other holidaymakers. Some, not all, thought it was funny to drop their trunks. One lot smashed glass round and in the pool and also all over the floor on the 13th floor. Partying in their room until 4am. There were other young people in the hotel who were wonderful and well behaved. Would I go back to this hotel ? If the hotel sorts these problems out, yes I would. It is quite out of the way but there are some good bars just across the road. We went all inclusive but the hotel entertainment wasn't very good, . There is a bus stop right outside the hotel if you don't fancy walking to the old town. Security isn't very good here they should hire more security staff and act on bad behaviour. We were on the 18th floor so we didn't have much noise, it was more the people on the lower to mid floors.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the quieter the room
7 Thank 25Denny