I last visited the hotel in February and gave a very favorable review. We re-visited it in July and have had cause to re-assess it.
As before the Staff, main food,bar, and pool were all very good.
What was not good is as follows :-
1. This is not to be confused with the "proper" dining, which was good. The "after hours" snacks advertised in the dining room, post 11pm, were absolutely horrible - reheated chips, 6 rolls, dubious sausages with onion, and similar unappetizing foods were on display. The Oasis next door offers, lasagne, burgers, hot dogs, curry, etc. by comparison.
2. The room was not well cleaned - a pair of aqua shoes, left by a previous visitor were present on a ledge around the corner of the balcony - they may still be there. Dust had gathered beneath the bed and remained for the 11 nights, The balcony was not swept and there were finger and hand marks all over the sliding doors and glass balcony edges - these were never cleaned. We had at least 3 different maids in 11 nights - this probably reduces ownership and accountability.
3.The internet in the bedroom was a selling point for us. As before it was useless - hard to connect, easy to lose, and as slow as dial up. I complained before about this and was told it would be looked at. I complained this time and was told - yes it's not very good is it ? Thomsons advertise the fact that there is wi-fi in the rooms and this is stretching the truth.
4. The air con was useless. We didn't need it in February but when you do need it, it is found wanting. We had to pull the bed out into the balcony to get some sleep - 24 degrees at night - and that's how we discovered the fluff. If other hotels can get their's to work then, as per the wi-fi, it is a management acceptance that the hotel is below standard, and that nothing will be done until people stop going to it in sufficient numbers that it affects business.
5. We again had to go through the unusual process of not being able to check out until a security guard checked our "superior" room to see if we had nicked the bathrobes. You have to put a 60 Euro bond on your credit card when you check in, and this is returned once the guard has ok'd you - I could buy those bathrobes and slippers for about 15 Pounds here - the whole process is undignified. The ordinary rooms just check out normally - they could have taken their TV.
I now would only rate this hotel as a three star and will not re-visit it when there are better hotels adjacent to it, for the same money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Onthebeach, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Levante Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Levante Club And Spa
- Levante Club Benidorm
- Levante Hotel Benidorm
- Levante Club Hotel
- Levante Benidorm
- Club Levante Hotel Benidorm