“arrogant attitude”

Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
London, United Kingdom
“arrogant attitude”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and sadly my good stay was ruined by an unpleasant experience I had on checkout on Saturday 2nd August at 6.50 am.
Having had a very nice stay during which all the staff were very pleasant and the restaurant food was great the last thing I expected was the rude arrogant gentleman on reception and to be treated like I was a criminal.
I had no need to notify the gentleman I was leaving as I had nothing to pay but did so as a courtesy. However I was immediately informed I had to wait while my room was checked. I asked what for and he said because I had a premium room. The first thing that struck me was that was no explanation at all and he could have been honest and said it was to make sure I hadn’t stolen the bathrobes which it turned out was the real reason. The second thing that struck me was that nobody had mentioned to me on check-in that this would be required on check-out. If I had been told this was needed I could have altered the time I allowed for check-out to allow for the extra time. As it was I was in a hurry to get a taxi to the airport. I told him I would wait a few minutes but then I had to get a taxi. His response was to shrug his shoulders in a couldn’t care less manner, offering no apology or attempt at politeness. Behind me was a girl also checking out from a premium room and she received the same arrogant attitude. He told me it would take just a few minutes. After about 10 minutes he received a phone call, at this point I did not know what it was for, but he told whoever it was on the phone ok, and put the phone down. I continued to wait about 7 minutes further at which point an argument developed between himself and the Thompson rep over the time taking for the room check (on behalf of the girl behind me), I also said I had been here over 15 minutes and what was happening. He turned to me and in an arrogant nonchalant manner and told me my room was ok. Incredible. So he hadn’t told me my room was ok when he got the phone call, he waited till I had to support the Thompson rep in her argument with him before he told me my room was ok and I could go. No apology for the delay, no thank you for staying with us, no explanation why he had not told me my room was ok when he got the call, nothing, he simply said your room is ok (to me) then carried on his argument with the Thompson rep. I never experienced such an appalling attitude and unpleasant experience as this in any other hotel. I emailed the hotel with this complaint and so far they have totally ignored that email.

Room Tip: high rooms have great views. Premium rooms have a wrap around balcony and are on the sides of the ho...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alan r
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to leave your comments. They help us to improve our service and our facilities.
I personally emailed you, to explain you what happened in your check out time.
Our staff are professional and during working hours is devoted exclusively to carry out their duties, trying to meet the needs of customers
I want to explain you, that in the premium room, always ask for a € 60 deposit in check in , which is returned at check out, if after reviewing the room is all right.

I think that our mistake it's that we don´t inform you, that at check out time, we have to check your room before to return your money.

I Apologised about if the actitud of the recepcionist was rude about you, I will speak with him and i will pass him your complaint.

I would like this problem does not prevent you from returning to the hotel, and I would like that next time, I can personally apologize to our hotel.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (891)
  • Finnish first
Harlington
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for a week with a friend. I loved the fact that it's an adult only hotel, nice & peaceful. Everything was clean, the staff were all friendly. The choice of food was very good. The spa was fantastic. My only negative comments are lack of wi-fi & the entertainment could have been better as it should be easier to entertain just adults.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a superior room which was very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen D
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you very much for wasting two minutes to leave your comments about your stay at our hotel. For us it was a pleasure to share this day with you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I last visited the hotel in February and gave a very favorable review. We re-visited it in July and have had cause to re-assess it.
As before the Staff, main food,bar, and pool were all very good.
What was not good is as follows :-
1. This is not to be confused with the "proper" dining, which was good. The "after hours" snacks advertised in the dining room, post 11pm, were absolutely horrible - reheated chips, 6 rolls, dubious sausages with onion, and similar unappetizing foods were on display. The Oasis next door offers, lasagne, burgers, hot dogs, curry, etc. by comparison.
2. The room was not well cleaned - a pair of aqua shoes, left by a previous visitor were present on a ledge around the corner of the balcony - they may still be there. Dust had gathered beneath the bed and remained for the 11 nights, The balcony was not swept and there were finger and hand marks all over the sliding doors and glass balcony edges - these were never cleaned. We had at least 3 different maids in 11 nights - this probably reduces ownership and accountability.
3.The internet in the bedroom was a selling point for us. As before it was useless - hard to connect, easy to lose, and as slow as dial up. I complained before about this and was told it would be looked at. I complained this time and was told - yes it's not very good is it ? Thomsons advertise the fact that there is wi-fi in the rooms and this is stretching the truth.
4. The air con was useless. We didn't need it in February but when you do need it, it is found wanting. We had to pull the bed out into the balcony to get some sleep - 24 degrees at night - and that's how we discovered the fluff. If other hotels can get their's to work then, as per the wi-fi, it is a management acceptance that the hotel is below standard, and that nothing will be done until people stop going to it in sufficient numbers that it affects business.
5. We again had to go through the unusual process of not being able to check out until a security guard checked our "superior" room to see if we had nicked the bathrobes. You have to put a 60 Euro bond on your credit card when you check in, and this is returned once the guard has ok'd you - I could buy those bathrobes and slippers for about 15 Pounds here - the whole process is undignified. The ordinary rooms just check out normally - they could have taken their TV.

I now would only rate this hotel as a three star and will not re-visit it when there are better hotels adjacent to it, for the same money.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for an upgrade - you get a kettle and some cheap bathrobes.
3 Thank ah4955
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear customer,

We are sorry that you did not enjoy enough our food, there is plenty os choise in our “after hours”. There are chips, pizza, hot dogs, hamburguers, fruit, etc.
Referring to WIFI service, it works in the room but you may on special occasions is slower due to people that is connected on our network.
About the air conditioning, it is working all the time, it's possible that it happens a punctual problem about this.
On the other hand, we would like to explain you that in the premium rooms, everybody have to pay for a deposit in check in, which is returned at check out, if after reviewing the room is all right. Agencies know it.
Our apologies if you haven't enjoyed your holidays. We would like to have a new opportunity to change your opinion about our hotel.
Best regards,
María Márquez-Quality Department.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

You don't expect on an all inclusive holiday to have to go out to get decent food. Lack of choice, poor quality, food is stored at inadequate temperature, poor food rotations and food not cooked through properly leading to myself being poorly for several days of the holiday. Most of the staff were very nice, reception areas and general hospitality areas were adequate. Rooms were basic, but for a 4 star hotel should have been a lot better. Bathroom constantly smelled of dirty drains, toiletries weren't regularly replenished by the maid despite being an all inclusive. The room was never tidied properly, glasses were left and only a quick sweep through was done, only the beds were made really. All sun beds were taken by 8.30 everyday so we never got the chance to use the pool. Entertainment was old fashioned and seriously needs updating. For being an all inclusive, the quality of the drinks were poor and the fact that you had to pay extra for premium labels was slightly rude as we paid nearly £650 for each person for a weeks holiday.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Besty1959
Dear customer,

We appreciate all your comments, both positive and negative that help us constantly improve the service we give our customers.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy our food, there is plenty of choise in our buffet, menus are changed daily and they include vegetables, salads, soup or creams, rice, fish and meat, pasta, etc.

About the drinks, the general opinion of the customers about the quality is high, but we will try to improve this service to be better in the future.

On the other hand, housekeeping of our company is a high level, and the degree of satisfaction with cleanliness is quite high. It may have been a specific problem, and in any case, to warn it to reception to solved immediately.

Finally, we offer entertainment every day for children and adults of different nationalities.Our apologies if you didn't like it.

We look forward to receiving from you again to change your opinion about our establishment.

Yours sincerely,

María Márquez-Quality department.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

2nd time in Benidorm, but 1st time in this hotel. Food, probably the best we have ever had at an all inclusive, and a good choice. Hotel was spotlessly clean, staff were all very friendly. The entertainment team were great fun. No children, although I would like to point out that we're not "anti- children" this was the clincher for us, meal times were a joy as there was no great stampede for food and it didn't sound like a cattle market. No wasted / played with food on plates,
no babies crying etc', etc'. The pool area was great, plenty of beds, although, despite signs, some people still put towels out early to reserve beds. Pool spotless. You could upgrade your drinks to include named brands at 8e each per day ( this had to be for your entire stay) but the choice of drinks was good enough anyway. Will definitely be returning. 5* JULY 2014 DK & LK

Room Tip: We were on Floor 17, a bit high for me really, but the room was spacious, clean, quiet and dark at n...
2 Thank Dave K
levanteclub, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Levante Club & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We appreciate your words about our hotel. I transmit your comments to all my comrades who were sure glad because their job is to get the satisfaction of our customers and these messages indicate that you are doing well.Best regards.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were there for a week and can say that it was a very enjoyable holiday.The hotel is very clean and the staff extremely helpful.The fact that its an adults only hotel is a bonus.The food is very good and always a good variety each day.My wife went to the spa for a massage and came out very relaxed.There are a few bars outside the hotel(sinatras bar had good karaoke nights and served blue lagoon cocktails,the rock n roll house had two argentinian brothers who are very good musicians).The only downside is that its a decent walk to levante beach in high temperatures,all in all it was very enjoyable.

3 Thank Andrew C
We love that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in our city. It was a real pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit. Best Regards
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

been to this hotel three times now and cannot fault it. The staff are all wonderfull, very friendly and have now become friends which we will visit time after time. The rooms are clean and spacious and have a fridge and the pool is beautifull and peacefull. Looking forward to our next visit to see "all the gang" and thanks to everyone for helping me with my Spanish!! hasta pronto guys xx

3 Thank 956wendy
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to do our daily work that our clients are as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Regards