“Cheap and Cheerful”

Ranked #56 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Brilliant stay here with my mate when were supposed to be watching England in WC! Cheap beer, great conversation at pool bar. Most definently NOT a family hotel, but great for a bunch of guys or girls. No sight of anyone to clean the room but maybe we missed them while recovering! Room size okay with separate bedroom so ok if u do need some privacy

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

it was ok. air con was dear but the apartment was flawless. cleaning staff were very friendly and staff Simo was funny. pool was spotless. 12th july parades were right outside our apartments and the square was few yards away. lots of british young fellas about so nighttime was always noisey and very warm. too small a freezer and the bar staff was a bit stingey on the ice. asked for a pint glass of ice and was refused. good for budget travellers!

4 Thank amymill2611
REDCAR cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived there on 13 july with 3 children & 2 other adults already the place was filling with stag &hen parties could not take the kids to the pool the language was terrible.The rooms were a throw back to 1970, s iam no snob but I think we all have some standards unfortuantly this place did't live up to any of them.We seen the cleaners once if you need a nights sleep this place is not for you they have games to see who can slam the doors the loudest.Make sure you have ear protectors on the plus side the Aircon was allright but at 4 euros a night it wants to be do not let the photo, s desive you it is shocking my only advice would be avoid it at all cost.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank grandad107
middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

been to palm court again and it everything yer need in a self catering appartments is close to everything and staff are brilliant they help you in anyway the owner pepa shes so helpfull the food is english and you can get a bottle for a euro brill stay carnt fault these appartments will be back in october thanks to all the staff for a other enjoyerble stay

Room Tip: ask for room facing the pool its a lovely view
3 Thank trevorMiddlesbrough
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week staying at the palm court apartments. I read the reviews before I went and I was a little worried that I had chosen the wrong apartments. Yes the rooms are basic, but what do you want. It had a bed, a shower (which could have done with a scrub), a tv, fridge, and clean towels and sheets. We only got woken up twice but that was by overgrown women that should have know better. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this to anyone as it does exactly what it was meant to do.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane B
kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned home from a lovely week here. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location perfect for sightseeing, night life and shops. No noise from the nightlife either which we have experienced in other apartments. Market on a Wednesday and Sunday just over the road. Food at hotel was English which was a treat :) rooms very basic but this is the only downside. however, rooms had everything you needed and were clean. Would definitely stay here again. Great for young and old. Just perfect for a relaxing week away.

1 Thank Montysmummy
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Firstly thanks to sumi,sala,Andrea,John and the owner pepa.I'm so sorry if I got the spelling wrong but everybody in this establishment were top class.I booked a 17 day holiday for myself,my husband and my parents,my parents were before retirement hoteliers and my dad was a chef,me and my husband have and still are chefs after 29 years,we booked a fun cheap self catering hols,we have before paid a fortune for the best all inclusive all over,here we paid a fantastic bargain price in my opinion,OK its self catering but I prefer this kind of place,small friendly,lovely food especially breakfast normally provided by Andrea,I only eat rock hard egg yolks and my husband her lovely "dippy" soft eggs ,you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get this combination right so thank you Andrea your a star,John was a wonderful host so helpful,happy,nothing too much trouble and a great barman,always made us smile and good for local formation and a credit to the establishment.sala. lovely man normally on the bar at night and everything else during the day,if something wrong he will get it fixed,simi,I know this spelling is wrong but he is the Manuel of the palm court,by that I mean in lovable personality and willingness to do anything for anybody but unlike Manuel he is hardworking,astute and intelligent and a breath of fresh air every morning,finally the lady who owns this establishment is lovely,she helped us with a couple of local things that required Spanish,again nothing is too much trouble for her .finally a couple of pointers for the hotel and local area,in the hotel,rooms spotless,kettle,toaster,ice cold fridge,lovely bathrooms,spotless linen,towels,good air con worth paying for.some people say these rooms are basic or rustic I say tiled floors wood units and everything you could ask for in a self catering apt,when did you ever get a juice squeezer,colander,sharp knife,2frying pans,good quality full range of crockery,full set of condiments and a freezer bit for ice cubes,plus loads more I won't bore you with.either way this is one of the best equipped self catering apts I have been in or many years.,the measures in the bar are fantastic,3.50 Euros in the front bar proper British spirits with a scoosh,or 3euros for spirit and 2euros for a can in the pool bar ,but it is only 1euro for a bottle of estrella lager and 5 Budweisers for 6 Euros you can't go wrong there.the location of the apartments is great,come out of reception and on your left you will see the seafront about 2oom away,as you walk towards it you will pass all the nightlife benidorm has to offer,there is a 50m stretch of 18.30 kind of clubs if you want it but if not its a 2 minute walk around it.there is an Indian restaurant opposite the hotel called saffron it is fabulous ,PS the cheapest place to buy your drink is left out of the hotel and then right at buddies,go past the supermarket and there is 2 local grocers with fruit and veg ,there fruit,veg,drinks and spirits are the best and cheapest and I have been coming to benidorm for 22 years,PS your spirits are cheaper here than duty free,your tobacco 10x50g is 84 Euros in benidorm tabbaco places in the airport going home its 110 Euros so don't wait for the airport

Room Tip: I would just like to add that I did not sleep very well on my holiday,but this is because I do have...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family