“Hen and chicx party”

Ranked #55 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Manchester, UK
“Hen and chicx party”
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Had a great time. Yes the place is tired but for what we paid it was a bargain long weekend. Some of the chicx are still there now. I wouldnt take my kids but would be happy to go for a party holiday again. Yes i did see a cockroach but the drains had just been disinfected and to be honest we had a laugh catching it. The food was perfect and they would do anything for you. As for sleep I didnt get much coz i was partying all the time. Jess was a star running round after us and for what they do they deserve a tip and i made sure we had a bit of a collection. After drinking sangria, jack daniels and pina colardas all weekend i was rough on the sunday I actually wish i was back there partying again. The apartments do need a bit of cash putting in them but i've seen much worse in blackpool. Not one for the kids (just my thought) but one for adults, hens and stags. Loved the night life, karaoke and caberat nights but wasnt into sticky vicky!!!! Very noisy, 17 of us on a hen party and about 40 stags !!!!

• Stayed May 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Liverpool
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from the appts yesterday an we had a fantastic week. The hotel has plus and minus points. We only paid £170 each for this holiday so i wasnt expecting the ritz. When we first arrived we were given the room mentioned in a prev review of 6007. Its a ground floor room right behind reception. It had a dark an small first room with a sofa bed, tv an kitchen area. The next room was the bedroom which was light an airy as was the bathroom and it was all clean, it also had a balcony area but this was enclosed with glass which could be opened but not much to see outside apart from a tree. The first two days in the room were fine apart from an air conditioning unit outside which can be heard but it didnt really bother us as we were out most of the time. On the third day my bf spotted a cockroach in the bathroom an the day after a second one was spotted on its back in the bedroom. This again didnt bother us too much, however later that day we attempted to get the mop bucket from under the sink and in it was a small mouse eek!! I complained to reception an he immediately came to remove it an advised a man would be there the following day to check where it had got in. We asked for a new room and were moved the next day to room 6410 on the top floor (for some reason all the rooms on every floor begin with a 6). It was a lovely big spacious light an airy room with a balcony that looked out to the sun going down. The room was great an we really enjoyed the rest of the stay there although i would say everything was slightly louder as the bar area was down below. The bar is fantastic!! its open 24 hours a day an people come from other hotels to socialise here, its run by Gary an Josie who are the nicest people an they also have their daughter Jess working there now who is lovely and provides a fab waitress service (even though she did beat me at pool grr lol) The food is fab an you can buy a bottle of local beer for 1 euro. The hotel is in a great location for the main square which is party central an only closes at 8am! I would definitely recommend this hotel if your looking for a party atmosphere. I wouldnt recommend it if your looking for a relaxing break, I probably wouldnt advise it for kids either.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Britboyinspain
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Look, I don´t usually subscribe to these types of forums. I´ve usually done my homework on any hotels I´ve stayed at (including referencing Trip Advisor) and I´ve not had problems. On this occasion however I trusted a friend - almost an ex-friend now - and I am so incensed about the quality of accomodation at Palm Court that I just had to submit this entry to Trip Advisor. But, I´ll tell you what ... let´s not be too negative about it. Let me tell you what type of person this hotel will suit. If you fit any of the following qualities then Palm Court is for you:
1. You like to roll up at the hotel at 4.00am, drunk, shouting a lot and not caring at all for your neighbours on the other side of paper-thin walls. I MEAN PAPER THIN!!
2. You love sharing your room with Cockroaches. (I found two in room1007 and when I complained they said they "came in from the garden". I was transferred to top floor 6406. Same problem! Garden my foot. It´s a plague! Luckily it was my last night .. and I was out!
3. You really love to be situated in the noisiest, lowest class street in the whole of Spain (I live in Spain so I should know something about it). Chav Street / Avda Mallorca is a nightmare place full of sub-class creatures of your worst dreams. A friend and I had a bottle lobbed at us from a block of apartments next to Palm Court. A day earlier I was told to [--] for daring to help a girl who was almost unconcious from alcohol poisoning. I later stopped a police car to report the issue. They drove off, uninterested.
Oh dear! I´m boring myself now! I´ve said enough! DON¨T STAY AT THIS PLACE!

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank Britboyinspain
Tyne & Wear
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Unfortunately we booked an apartment for 13 nights at Palm Court. They were freezing cold apartments with 2 bar fire to warm up. Even hubby had to put all blankets on his bed it was so cold. Sheets and towels were threadbare, no replacement loo roll when ran out either! Wouldn't dream of using settee (a spare bed) as it made us itch just looking at it! There is only a two ring cooker, so not much chance of making a family meal - good job we prefer eating out. Plenty of pots and pans, fridge, toaster, plates and cutlery etc. If hungry there was plenty fresh meat in apartment -cockroaches!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
wigan
Reviewed 24 February 2009

just back from 5 day stay ,ive passed these apartments many times and always noticed the location,which is excellent,near to bars cheap supermarket{consum}tabaccos.only paid 77 pound for apartment,so wasntexpecting much,but it was clean,dated furniture,but couldnt complain about anything.staff friendly,especially gary and josie in the bar,did good meals there,and nice sunny terrace,had good courtesy room with shower also.would go back again,very good value.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank benib
bradford
Reviewed 22 February 2009

what a laugh this place was, we did a week there last september honestly one of the best holidays ever you can get away with anything! going back in august . gary and josie sound.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank BradfordLunatic
Sheffield
Reviewed 18 February 2009

We stayed at Palm Court early Feb 09. Booked through onthe beach.com & paid £160 per 1 bed apartment. The furniture is dated but they keep the place very clean. It's not somewhere you can go and chill out in the aprtment or even on the balcony as some are enclosed and those that aren't are very small but it is in a great location, the bar/snack bar is great for hot/cold drinks, toasties, breakfasts, kids meals etc. There's a great pool around the back with plenty of sunbathing space - the pool bar was closed in Feb but we spent time there anyway, it was really quiet. The hotel does an offer at this time of year - a 1 bed aprtment for 160EURO if you book direct. I would stay again if I wanted somewhere cheap. I would however recommend that you asked for a 3rd or 4th floor room - the lower floors do look quite dark, ours were absolutely fine. Rooms were cleaned on the Tues (without us asking) but we took our own towels as the hotel's were small as mentioned in other reviews. Benidorm is still cheap despite the state of the pound. You could get a decent breakfast for 3euros and a pint of lager for 1euro. The Yorkshire Pride pub do lovely food - 2 evening meals for 7euro. For a more upmarket pub/restaurant try the Magic Roundabout (walk past Buddies bar & the supermarket & keep going til you get to the neon lights!) they do a 3 course meal for 12euros if you go before 8.00pm and it's wonderful. The old town was very quiet and Terra Natura not worth a visit as most of it was shut. Overall the aprtments were better than expected and fine for our weeks stay but you do get what you pay for!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family