Picasso Apartments
US$78
US$114
servigroup.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdutch ladyself cateringfridge freezergood sizelarge apartmentiron and ironing boardcheap as chipson arrivalpool areabed setteestayed here for a weekgreat apartmentslevante beachbit datedindoor markettop floorwalking difficulties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here for a week in march 2011 and it really is great vaule and close to the beach.
Rooms and nice and big.
Food in the hotel was great.
I would also say try the fawlty towers bar and the stretford end great pubs
Going back feb 2012 and cant wait

Room Tip: Dont go in the pool in the winter its very cold lol
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank gary p
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Went to the Picasso 6th January. Had asked the agent we booked with to ask for a low floor as I'm afraid of heights. When we arrived the lady knew nothing about my request. Fair enough she hadn't been told but said that she didn't have any rooms below the 7th floor and I'd be better up there anyway as there was more sun on the higher balconies. I said I wasn't bothered about the sun but needed a lower floor. Eventually she gave us a room on the 4th floor. Why she couldn't have done this in the first place I don't know. When we went to the room it absolutely wreaked of smoke. I'm an ex smoker and the smell has never particularly bothered me but it stank. I didn't want to complain again so put up with it for a few days. I did tell her in passing one day but she produced a clip board and proceeded to tell me that nobody had been in that room prior to us so didn't understand why it smelt. If she'd bothered to come up she would have smelled it. You could even smell it outside on the landing before you put your key in the door. Anyway, if the room was really empty the week before perhaps she should have run the curtains and cover on the sofa through the wash and gone in with some air freshener and opened some windows. When we got home I even had to wash the clothes we hadn't worn as they all stank as well. There was also a spare blanket in the room that had 2 huge cigarette burns as big as tennis balls. I wouldn't have offered this blanket to someone living rough let alone use it in an apartment room as it was an insult. I have read lots of positive reviews about her great hospitality but we never experienced it. She even called her little dog away one day when we stopped to stroke it.
On a positive note it is in quite a good location for the beach, bars etc. It also had a big balcony. The bar was only open one evening when we passed through on our way out so we did stop and have a drink to be sociable. I know it's quieter at this time of the year but tell people that you don't open the bar every night when they book. We didn't eat there although the food on the boards was a reasonable price.
We went to an all inclusive hotel for the last 2 nights of our week in Benidorm when we couldn't stand the smell any longer. Even then my husband had to come back the following morning to get our deposit back because she said money wasn't kept on the premises I think she was being awkward as we were leaving but I couldn't be bothered to argue with her.
We love Benidorm and our 2 nights at the hotel were brilliant. We wished we had gone sooner. We stayed at the Flamingo Oasis in September which was great and we picked the Picasso as it is ranked higher!!! Can't believe how. There is absolutely no comparison.
Being positive though, it is cheap, the handyman/caretaker was lovely as was the lady who served us at the bar that night. The room does have all utensils etc. and an iron which is good but the telly is a waste of time as the channels are scrambled in the evening, not that that bothered us much as we went out every night but might be a pain if you were staying there a while. We just didn't see the helpful, hospitable side of the lady in charge.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool which was good but don't go with high expectations as you will be disappointed. It is a cheap base in a reasonable location.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank alfiex
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at the picasso recently and was pleasantly surprised at the qccommodation as we had got it as cheap as chips - the apartments are very spacious for 2 people with lots of storage space for clothing etc - the kitchen is well equipped - but just be warned the apartment was freezing cold with just one little oil heater to plug in - maybe we should have asked if we could have another one but didnt - however if you were going later in the year this would not be a problem at all - very good location for the levante beach and bars - the breakfast there were Amazing in terms of quality quantity and price - dont make the mistake we made - wandering around town then found the best place on our doorstop on our last day !!!

Room Tip: perhaps in the winter go for an apartment in the higher floors - may get more sun/be warmer
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsMears2011
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Me and my best friend stayed here Aug 2011 we found everyone really friendly 5mins away from the beach shops and not far from the market the staff were very helpfull and very friendly the rooms were very clean with plenty of room cant wait to book up again this year

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa B
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed here at the start of september, me my boyfriend & are two kids. It is a lovely hotel. When we arrived we was too early to check in but they checked us in anyway as we had a 6month old and after a day of travelling we just wanted to rest. It is only a five minute walk to the beach and shops, only down side is the hill walking back up to it to our apartments, espesially with a pram. The pool is average size and a kids pool & lots of floats to play with. Only thing is the outside area is a bit cramped in the hotel, (not much privacy) but it is a friendly hotel & friendly staff. The rooms are large and the balcony but you do have to pay to watch the television 1€ per hour. Over all it is a nice place to stay & the food is lovely & cheap, well worth a go. Also the rooms have a decent kitchen so you can cook too. I would go back & stay at this hotel. But were due to go back to benidorm in march & my boyfriend loves staying in diffrent hotels so were staying in the Fiesta Park. I hope its good.

• Stayed: September 2011