“Beautiful hotel very clean and a great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flash Hotel Benidorm

Flash Hotel Benidorm
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Scotland
“Beautiful hotel very clean and a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

What can I say went on a sun holiday and this hotel did not disappoint. We only booked bed and breakfast but only went for breakfast once so really cannot comment on the food but there seemed to be plenty of variety. Beds are double beds and for the first time on a holiday I had a comfy bed. There is a lot to be said for a good nights sleep and there was no noise to be heard at night from outside or others in the rooms next door.

My only let down that I found with this hotel was that every time our balcony was opened by cleaning to retrieve the towels that we had put out to dry the door was left unlocked. Being on the first floor there was a roof flat in line with our balcony. I did mention it to reception and the door was locked the next day however it reverted to being left unlocked again but with only a 5 day stay I didn't see the point in mentioning it so my one piece of advice would be to ensure that you use the safe.

I have to say my friend and I had the most amazing holiday and would love to return here. It's right on the door step for the pubs beach restaurants and if benidorm the programme is your thing then the hotel it's filmed at is next door and the pub opposite called neptunes is where some filming takes place and they have some great tribute acts.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scotsbikerlass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from 4 nights at this hotel, in my opinion it is one of the better hotels in Benidorm, having been 4 times in the last year! Room was great modern and the TV had all the British channels. We were put on the first floor which at first I was disappointed but later appreciated it, no waiting for lifts it was only one flight of steps also I'm not to fond of heights and to be fair the view in Benidorm is of high rises any how. The pool area was good and had the advantage of no kids in the pool which is a welcome relief in the middle of august! The food I thought was fine having stayed at many hotels full board and all inclusive this hotel was one of the better ones and offered a good choice. The hotel bar was nice and very reasonable on prices€3.60 for a pint and glass of wine! Over all I say the Flash is very good 3* not a four but i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Myself and my husband spent five nights at the Flash Hotel on a last minute booking (12th August - 17th August). We arrived early Tuesday afternoon and unfortunately I had to phone a Doctor for my husband as he wasn't to well. William on Reception was so kind and helpful so thank you to him and Magdalena was lovely also, well all of the Reception staff were. As for all the other staff they were great too especially the terrace bar staff David, Karim, Jose and Angel they made our stay so enjoyable. The entertainment on the terrace bar was good also and varied (thanks Shaun). Housekeeping came every day to tidy our rooms and change the towels etc. The food was very good although we preferred the breakfasts and lunches and the themed nights for the evening meal were good too. The rooms were lovely and spacious. We stayed in room 503 which overlooked the main road which wasn't a problem for noise on a night once you had closed your balcony door.

Finding a bed at the pool wasn't a problem either although our last couple of days more people came and the pool was busier. However the beach isn't that far away if you fancied a change from the pool (the beach was lovely).

All in all we had a relaxing break at the Flash and we wouldn't hesitate in going back again (our first time in Benidorm as it had never appealed to us before) or recommending it to anybody who wants a relaxing break but if they want the bedlam of Benidorm it's on the doorstep as well.

Enjoy anybody that's booked to stay at the Flash Hotel :-)

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We have today returned from 4 days at the flash and I have to say that we were disappointed by a number of things st the flash.

Firstly thanks to another trip advisor review we had emailed the hotel to check that we would not be bumped to the rosamar (their 3 star sister hotel) and also requesting a high floor and quiet room. We were emailed back quite acurt response saying that good had only happened due to a genuine fault in the hotel and would not happen again, we were assured that our requests would be met.

On arrival, to my shock we were told that due to unfortunate circumstances we were to be moved to the rosamar. We said no way, we pulled out the email we had received from the manager and said we were not happy to accept this situation. They were quickly able to sort a room for us when they realised we were not going to be bumped quietly. They put us on the first floor saying that we should go back the following day to see if a high floor, quiet room was available. We arrived at room 111 and were disappointed, there is no view other than of the roof and the beds were not the larger size beds pictured on the website. We went to talk to reception and a new member of staff managed to find yet another room available that we could use. We were moved to 706 directly opposite the lift, so not a quiet room in our opinion, but we just settled with it. This one had the larger sized beds as will.

The room it's self is good quality, it's a little like a jury's inn standard. The full length mirror is in the wardrobe and there is no mirror over the desk for make up and drying hair. They have provided a stool in the bathroom, however it's so small you can barely see yourself in the mirror. The beds are comfy and the linen seemed good quality. The air conditioning is set to make the room not hot as opposed to keeping it cool.

I think the most disappointing aspect of the hotel was the limited respect to the customer, too try to bump people who have actually made the effort to ensure that this didn't happen is terrible customer service. With the many other hotels available I don't think we'll bother returning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lkelly52
FlashHotel, Community Manager at Flash Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear customer,

We regret that the hotel has not met your expectations although much customers congratulate us for the services we offer and the friendliness of our staff. We hope you change your mind and return back to our hotel.

Regards
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

It's our 4th time in Benidorm and we are fairly well travelled and not overly fussy people and will generally eat anything. Flash Hotel is average. Rooms are really good, pool area is very good compared to some hotels in Benidorm, location is excellent if you want to be in lively area and close to beach, very clean and modern. Food was poor with limited choice and bland with the breakfast being particularly bad and the sausage was really bad. We're surprised by the other reviews as we heard a number of people complaining about the food! On 4 occasions we chose to eat out which is fine but having paid for half board you'd rather not. Staff friendly overall but restaurant staff not very attentive in terms of getting drinks and cleaning tables. Reception staff do their job but one member of staff over charged us for some water park tickets and one staff member was making an enquiry for us and said she'd get back to us but she didn't. We asked for 2 glasses for the room and they refused and told us to use the bathroom plastic toothpaste cups, which we felt was poor as we like a glass of wine and beer etc. in the room before we go out. Poor entertainment in hotel as per other reviews but loads of alternatives out and about. Overall average and okay value for money, but wouldn't stay again. If you're not too fussy about a pool then the Riviera Hotel, two hotels down, similar prices, provides for a better stay.

General Tips - If you go to the water park after 3pm you only pay for half day tickets saving money so don't buy in advance. John and Josephs restaurant is close by and is very cheap with basic food, good for late night supper after a night out. Western bar close by is very good.

Room Tip: If you have a high floor then you escape a bit of the noise from local bars but the lifts are a bit...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank xXSunkissedXx
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My sister chose Benidorm for her hen do between 16th-21st August 2014. My task was to book the hotel and so after some searching I came across the Flash hotel. The photos looked good and it received good reviews and so we booked for a party of 11 split into 5 rooms. We arrived in the early hours of 17th due to a late flight and on arrival we were told that they only had 2 rooms available for us until the following morning. My sister had a room to herself and a group of 4 took the other room, leaving the rest of us to stay at the sol pelicanos 2 doors down. I was furious about this due to the fact that we had booked and paid in full via Thomas Cook in November 2013 and so I saw no reason why the rooms were not available. The man on reception did not seem to have any Idea as to why this had happened and could only keep telling us to come back in the morning. The sol hotel was only 3*'and was basic but clean. We bedded down for the night and returned to the flash hotel in the morning at around 9am.

On our return we were greeted by Anna, who was very helpful and could not apologise enough. We were immediately upgraded to full board, from half board, given 2 for 1 drinks wristbands each and given free wifi as well as a free safe for the stay. I was happy with this level of compensation for our inconvenience. My friend and I were allocated room 0912 and first appearances were good, but it soon became obvious that the air conditioning was faulty and the room was terribly hot. We complained several times throughout the day, but were told it was fine. That night is was 26 degrees in our room and neither of us slept at all due to the searing heat. We opened the balcony door, only to be bitten by flying insects throughout the night. My friend had a real reaction to this and it left huge red lumps on her legs that were really itchy for the duration of our stay.

The next morning Anna was back on the desk and agreed that the air con was faulty, moving us to room 1108. This room was great, the air con kept the room like a fridge for the rest of our stay, we had a great view of the seafront from our hotel and looked down directly onto the street where you could see Morgans bar. The streets were buzzing until the early hours but with the balcony door shut we were not disturbed at all. The beds were comfy and the rooms very clean. The tv had English main channels and the fridge was free to use. The shower was good and always warm if needed. I found the rooms to be well furnished and comfortable.

We ate all 3 meals daily at the hotel to save on money and I really enjoyed the buffet meals. I am a veggie and very fussy, but ate extremely well. The food was fresh, nice and hot from the cooked section and it was all of a great standard. The reception and main areas were all very clean and well presented with the staff all being helpful and pleasant. The location was fantastic - smack in the middle of the main area and only a short walk to the nightlife at any time. We also went into the old town, which was very enjoyable and picturesque. I would definitely recommend a visit to walk round the old narrow streets and shops. The hotel pool and pool bar were also very clean and pleasant. The pool was not overly large, but as an adults only hotel it was ideal. Plenty of free sun beds even in the height of school holidays!

The clothing and shoes are dirt cheap here! Take an empty case and fill up whilst there or you will be overweight on the way home I guarantee it!!! I travelled by mobility scooter most of the time due to a joint condition I have making walking painful and this was a great way to zip round and see everything. I hired a double scooter from Amigo as it was only 80euros for the stay and allowed my friend and I to get around easily. I enjoyed our stay but I would not choose to holiday here. It was not exactly classy and being a keen cruiser, I found it quite tacky as a resort. Certainly not the luxury I am used to having on holidays! It was perfect for the hen do and would be great as a getaway with friends if you want to party and not break the bank.

I would definitely stay at the flash again - it was most certainly one of the top 5 hotels in Benidorm and I would certainly go back should I return to Benidorm. It was clean, modern, comfortable and great value - what more do you need. The bar area is great for people watching as opens up right onto the street. Fantastic. Well done to the flash staff, who kept the place spotless. I give it 5 stars as it really was a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with sea view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I are just back from the flash hotel and we can honestly say this is well worth it's four stars.we arrived about 21.45 and were met at reception with a very nice member of staff who asked if we were hungry as it was last call for dinner service,we said yes so she took our cases for us so we could have dinner.even at this time of night the buffet was still warm and very tasty.the hotel itself is beautifully decorated and clean.all the staff were very pleasant and helpful,especially on reception and dining room.the food was always hot,well cooked,varied and very tasty ( don't miss the theme nights,there great )well done to all the chefs for the quality of food.bar area is very relaxing and drinks well priced.rooms are very clean and have British tv channels.overall this is a very well managed hotel.a big thank you to everyone for making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Wifi in the room was a bit hit or miss,but wifi is free in reception and bar areas.
      Rooms
2 Thank Dismayed H
FlashHotel, Community Manager at Flash Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Charlie,

Thank you for share your nice opinion on TripAdvisor. We like to know that you enjoy our hotel. Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.

A greeting