Really good 4 star hotel. Not perfect but for what we paid excellent.
The staff are all very friendly and do all they can to help. Reception derserve a special mention for all the assistance and information they gave us during our stay.
The food is varied and of a good quality. While we were there it was always pipeing hot and checked at regular intervals.
The hotel is spotless throughout, they always seem to be cleaning.
The rooms are spacious and carpeted and the maids do a very professional job with fresh towles daily. We found the beds to be very comfy. Our room was supplied with a kettel and tea coffee and milk, enough for two of each but you can get extra at breakfast time if like us you enjoy more than two cups a day. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom and ample supplies of shampoo and shower gel.
The room has T.V with sky news and Movies for men 1 and 2 in English.
The pool area is fairly large for the size of the hotel and kept spotless. Plenty of sunbeds and seats but you do have to play musical chairs to keep in the sun at this time of year.
We are both disabled and when around the pool the bartender would always bring the drinks out to us often with Tapas, we thought this was very good and saved me staggering along spilling drinks. All drinks are a good quality and a fair price. Small beer or a sprite 1.75 € and they have most well known brands of spirits and beer..
The only negatives at the hotel and I am being a little nit picking were ;
(1) The entertainment was dire and aimed mainly at the Spanish Friday and week ends. This time of year it is all held in the sister hotel across the road Hotel Victoria. At week ends the Hotel Victoria is a nightmare mainly full of Spanish famlies with lots of screaming children running all over the place. Thank god we were not booked in to Hotel Victoria.
Hotel Royal does have an influx of Spanish at week ends but while we were there what few children they brought were either toddlers or older teenagers and all seemed well behaved.
I would not reccomend this hotel for young familys but for single people or the elder generation it is nearly perfect.
(2) Wifi. The base is at the sister hotel Victoria so the signall is really only acceptable in the reception and bar area.
(3) My other gripe was that some of the restaurant staff seem to be in need of food hygiene
training. On two seperate days during evening dinner the same waiteress dropped a number of knives and forks on the floor. Instead of throughing them into the dirty bin she replaced them back in the orange draw with the other clean cuttlery. Also on a number off occasions glasses were picked up with their fingers inside the glass when setting table.
I did report this to the hotel and it was addressed but the waiteress in question denide that she had done this. Having said this she never did it again so maybe a result.
The Hotel Royal is in a excellent position for all the amenaties in Benidorm. 5 min from the old town,10 min from the sea and close to all bus routes. A Taxi to the new part or open air market (Sun and Wed) is about 6.0 €.
We would definatly return to this hotel and hope to do so later in the year.
Thank you Hotel Royal staff for a great spring break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated in the centre of Benidorm the modern Hotel RH Royal provides all the peace & quiet of a comfortable, hospitable hotel which is exclusively designed for adults. The Hotel RH Royal offers its guests a peaceful atmosphere and personalised service. Spacious exterior-facing rooms with large balconies all equipped with a 33'' led HD TV, hair dryer, free Wi-fi & mini bar. Restaurant-buffet serving a wide range of International & Mediterranean cuisine. Modern & comfortable lounge bar/salon to relax whilst enjoying your favourite drink. There is also an Internet corner located in the bar area. Spacious pool area with sun beds to take in the sun and relax, solarium and outdoor jacuzzi (from May). In the terrace area you can make the most of the night time shows, dances and entertainment during the summer months and to stay in shape during you holiday: Free sauna & Gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel RH Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel Benidorm