“Lovely hotel - our room was spacious”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #7 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel - our room was spacious”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just returned from a week at the Hotel Royal which we booked after reading lots of positive things on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed - but will agree with comments on the variety of food served at evening meal. We had pizza four times and kebab meat and wraps twice, but no spaghetti served with the meatballs. Having said that the fresh fruits and salads were lovely and we did not go hungry. On booking I requested a room with a pool view, which we got but round the back rather than the side. This room was spacious, with plenty of storage and was cleaned daily. All the staff were friendly and when our balcony got puddles from the rain it was cleared in an hour.
The hotel is in a lovely position - if you are going to soak up the sun start your day at the 'steps' end of the pool and then move across to the left. You loose about an hour while the sun passes the Hotel Victoria. In the afternoon the terrace above the gym is best.

Room Tip: As you face the hotel, rooms at the front or left hand side will get the most sun.
1 Thank Lucy L
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Dear Lucy,

Firstly please accept my apologies for not responding sooner, for some reason I thought I had. Thank you for taking time to write a review after your stay at the Hotel RH Hotel.

It’s very nice to hear that you were not disappointed after reading positive reviews on tripadvisor. Your comments were duly noted.

I agree that the Hotel is in a lovely position and ideal for those who like to be close to the “Old Town”, beach, shops, restaurants etc…

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future and once again thank you for your time in writing this review,

Hotel RH Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed at the Royal 22nd to 29th September 2012. Location is excellent for Old Town and beach and about a 10/15 min walk to the new town. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and staff are very pleasant and helpful. Rooms have tea/coffee making facilities which was great for my husband who drinks coffee at all hours of the day! Small mini-mart close by to pick up water etc. Plenty of choice in the restaurant. In the week I was there I didnt see any black pudding or hotdogs for evening meal. I did see fresh fish and veg, chicken, stews, pasta. Pizza and chips are also available if that's what you like but there are plenty of other things to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and if I am ever in Benidorm again I would choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Front of hotel gets the sun all day. Very little at the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank horace001
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Hello Horace001,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel RH Royal and taking time to write a review on your return.

It is nice to be able to make a cup of tea or coffee at any time, especially first thing in the morning. Out hotel is very clean and thank you for mentioning our helpful and pleasant staff, along with plenty of choice in our restaurant.

I am very pleased you are recommending our hotel and yes if ever you are in Benidorm again, you will receive a very warm welcome from us all,

Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It was my husband first time in Benidorm, he loved it so much we will be back next year.
The receptionists were very helpful and polite, when we went for our meals the waiters was also polite. My husband is a very fussy eater but always found something to eat that he enjoyed, plenty of choice .The hotel was exceptionally clean, rooms spotless. We was only 5mins away from the old town and 15 mins to the lively part of Benidorm. If you want a good night's sleep this is the hotel so quiet.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor , we was on the 6th and i am a light sleeper but was so quiet after midnight.
2 Thank Christine T
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Hello Christine,

Thank You very much for your recent review of the Hotel RH Royal.

I am delighted to hear that you loved the Hotel so much you will be back next year. I will of course share your review with the staff, they will be equally pleased.

Thank You for pointing out that we had plenty of choice of our buffet and that you enjoyed the food, even your Hubby being a choosey eater!

Location is great and I am pleased you slept well whilst you were here,

See you next year,

United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The Hotel Royal is badly let down by its food. The buffet quality and choice are very poor, in fact the worst we have ever seen in a 4-star hotel. There is no a la carte menu. The evening buffet 'selection' usually includes re-heated breakfast left-overs (sausages, black pudding, hot dogs for EVENING meal). You are also offered pizza slices and chicken nuggets and potato crisps. Almost nothing was hand-made. Bread and snacks were from the local supermarket. Even soups (cream vegetable and sea-shells soup) were from a can!!! You could taste it. The choice of dessert was very poor. Prepacked Nestle ice-cream and other sweets were from the supermarket again. One 'pudding' consisted of a digestive biscuit put in custard!! My husband, who knows nothing about cooking, could have done this! :-) By the second day we both had diarrhoea. When we complained to the manager, she explained that "this is only a small hotel! Go to "Don Pancho" if you were happier there!" We wish we had gone there again.

In other respects the hotel is reasonable, in a fairly good location and with friendly staff, however, the rooms are quite small, well below 4-star standards.

1 Thank Mrs G
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Hello Mrs G,

Thank You for sharing your thoughts on the Hotel RH Royal.

I am sorry you feel let down by the food and are of the opinion that it is from the local supermarket, which of course is not true.
I must also add that soups are fresh and not from a can. Whilst I respect your opinion, our scores for food are good. That said we welcome feedback and are constantly making changes and improvements to our services.

On the subject of complaining to the Manager, it appears you have exaggerated what she actually said and it was certainly not to go to another hotel.

On a positive note I thank you for pointing out we have friendly staff,

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Group of 8 men stayed for four nights from 12th Sept on golfing break. Rooms were of good standard and cleaned everyday and coffee and tea making facilities. However the food wasnt anywhere near the same standard. I stayed with my partner in the Calypso Hotel in the 1st week of August 2012 and the food quality and choice was superb. Management should take a look at how they do it and take a leaf out of their book. The sweets were almost the same every night with a coconut flavoured moose EVERY night. That apart there was enough on offer that you didnt go hungry. The bar and reception staff were very friendly and there was a happy hour twice a day although we only used it at night. The pool area was nice although small although one morning my coffee cups that I had left around 10am were still sitting at 5pm. If you are a sunworshipper the Victoria hotel opposite and the Royal itself block the sun out for lenghty periods during the day. All in all not a bad hotel but a little more attention to detail is required for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dessie s
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Hello Dessie,

Sincere thanks for reviewing the Hotel RH Royal. I hope your golfing break was enjoyable.

Thank you for feeding back your opinion of the hotel, we have taken note of the points you have made and will review them all.

I am pleased you found the rooms to be of a good standard and that you enjoyed that tea and coffee making facilities, not all hotels have provide them.

If you can spare a moment please visit our RH Hotels facebook page and vote for the name of our new “British Pub”, opening soon.

Thank you for choosing RH Hotels and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon,

Oxfordshire
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the lovely hotel royal. We love this hotel as it is quite small only 9 floors unlike most hotels in Beni which are high rise. The hotel is lovely and quiet, with plenty of sun beds at whatever time of day you get to the pool. The staff work very hard to keep the hotel spotlessly clean. Check in was quick, safe in the room was free, tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a fridge to keep some cold drinks. Free wifi, also. I am quite a fussy eater and I never had a problem at all finding a meal in the evening, in fact sometimes there was so much choice I couldn't decide what to have. There was always lovely salads, pasta, pizza, chicken, fish, even Sirloin steak which was lovely. The chefs were always checking and replenishing the food. The dining room was never busy, so no queues and and very relaxing unlike some larger hotels I have stayed in where they are busy and noisy. I would have no doubt in recommending this hotel to family and friends, although maybe not for children as the pool is deep (couldn't stand in it) and they haven't got any other facilities for children. Upon checking out we were given a bottle of water for our journey, which was a nice touch. The Royal is a superb hotel, and we can't wait to go back, very soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of hotel get the sun in the evening, lovely whilst having a sundowner.
1 Thank musicalspiers
Dear Guest from Oxfordshire,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel RH Royal once again and for writing a review to share with fellow travellers.

It is great to hear that you “love the Hotel” and the fact that it is small and quiet. Our staff do as you say work very hard to keep the place clean and give a great service.

I am pleased you enjoyed the food and although being a fussy eater you still had plenty to choose from. We have made and continue to make changes to the buffet and I am happy that you found plenty of variety mentioned above.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, please visit our “RH facebook page” to vote for the name of our new “British Pub”, opening soon,

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Hotel was ok but thought it was 3 star not the 4 rated, staff were friendly and not over powering, happy hours were a great idea although the selection of drinks was limited but ok.
Room was clean and the service staff were excellent.
On the downside the food was mediocre and COLD never had anything hot when were eat there tended to opt for meals out as a result of this.
Location was fantastic, 4-5 mins to Levante beach and the same to the "Old Town", selection of restaurants was brilliant.

Tony & Shirley

Room Tip: Found the Supreme room was no different to a normal room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Good Morning from a warm and sunny Benidorm. Thank you for reviewing the Hotel RH Royal.

I am sorry to hear that you don’t think the hotel is 4*, although I am pleased that you found the service and staff excellent.

I have taken note of the food being cold, although we don’t recall you mentioned this whilst you were here. Feedback is vital to us and we will take this on board.

I am sure the location was fantastic; we are in a very central location for the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. Please take a minute of your time to vote for the name of our new “British Pub” on our facebook page, due to open soon.

Thank You and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.