“Got lucky with this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #7 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bracknell
“Got lucky with this one”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Spain but have never previously been to Benidorm. Trying to book a hotel there is not so easy, purely because there are such a huge number from which to choose. Finally after too much clicking all over the web I gave up and the choice was made for me when I got a package deal with British Airways to the RH Royal.

From what I have seen of Benidorm this hotel is in the ideal part of town, in a bustling area with a bit of a buzz going on but at a nice safe distance (10 minute walk) from the truly insane nightlife. My impression is much the same as earlier reviewers in that this is a lovely clean modern hotel with a relaxed feeling about it. The staff are very pleasant and helpful although one or two of them did seem a little bit on edge about something, as though we had somehow annoyed them but they were not going to say anything.

Not much to say about the rooms beyond clean and tidy. The beds are not fantastic but perfectly adequate for a short stay and there are plenty of facilities such as hairdryer and small clothes-drying thing on the balcony. TV gets plenty of English-language channels if you like that sort of thing.There is no in-room tea/coffee although there is a card saying you can somehow get hot drinks sent up or something but we never quite figured it out. When we checked in the guy seemed pleased about offering us a free safe deposit box which weren't really bothered about but I have heard it is a must-have for some people.

General areas such as lobby and pool are up to a good standard. There is a gym which is actually worthy of its name and I was impressed that it even has a squat rack. There is free wi-fi (although with an irritating need to keep re-logging in all the time) which seems to work fine in most areas apart from the restaurant.

Various bits of entertainment are on offer from the cheerful "animacion" guy although at night this mostly means Spanish people dancing to traditional boleros or "Tengo la camisa negra" style pop music which you will either find fun or not depending on taste! Personally I think it is a mark of quality when hotels attract locals and not just international tourists.

Negative points: the lifts are a bit clunky and the food is definitely "average". Great place otherwise though and I would stay again with no hesitation.

1 Thank ultrak3wl
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Good Evening Ultrak3wl,

From a warm 34 degree evening in Benidorm! My thanks for taking time to share your thoughts of the Hotel RH Royal, very kind of you.

I am very pleased that on your first visit to Benidorm, you chose to stay with us and obviously enjoyed your stay too.

Just to explain if you request at reception Tea & coffee facilities are sent to your room. Sorry if this was not clear with the sign in your room.

If you decide to pay a visit to Benidorm, we will be very happy to welcome you back,

Hotel RH Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Myself and my husband gave just returned from the most fantastic 10 night holiday, staying in The Royal. The hotel was everything we could have asked for. We were all inclusive, and ate in the hotel every day, there was always a likely fresh salad bar, and plenty hot meals to choose from. All of the staff were pleasant, and although they were busy they were always helpful. The hotel is very secure and you need your room key to be able to aces the lifts, and although we would always get a safety deposit box, really didn't feel we needed to do this. Hotel is perfectly located, five minute walk to the old town and about ten minutes from the main strip. The jacuzzi round the pool was a welcome treat, I'm not one for swimming, but would love a relax in the jacuzzi when it got too hot. Thanks to all of the staff, we had the most relaxing break and we will definitely be returning in the not to distant future.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Lathaen,

All the team at the Hotel RH Royal sends sincere thanks for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor after your “Perfect holiday”.

It’s such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us from the location of the hotel to the food, room and general facilities we offer.

Great news that you will be returning again soon, it was our pleasure having you stay,
See you soon,

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just returned today from a weeks stay at RH Royal in Benidorm. I have stayed many times in various hotels in Benidorm but this was the best by far. Lovely clean rooms,the maid was so very nice and pleasant,the restaurant was great but my favourite place was the pool...no rushing out with towels to bag a bed that you won't use til 2 in the afternoon here! A nice bar with reasonable prices. Everything was just great and I look forward to staying at The Royal again in the near future. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Karen D
Hello Karen,

What a great start to the week you have given mw with your review of the Hotel RH Royal after your recent holiday with us, “absolutely marvellous”!!

I am very proud your opinion is that our hotel is by far the best in Benidorm, especially if you have travelled here so many times.

Sounds like the Hotel was just what you were looking far. I will pass your kind thanks onto all the team.

We look forward to your return to the Hotel very soon,

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

part of the best western group.can see why the hotel is very clean staff helpful and polite food is good but little repetitive bar staff helpful one had a little attitude but polite had good English as had most of the staff we had wonderful holiday my partner loved the weather was her first trip to spain lovely hotel for the older person good entertainment with music from the 70 s till now. will go back for another great holiday in the next few years they diserve an extra star.

Room Tip: great hotel adult only. no young children running round for elderly to trip over.the higher up your...
3 Thank royreed60
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Roy Reed,

You are a star! Thank you very much for restoring my faith and writing about your stay at the Hotel RH Royal.

Great your partner had such a wonderful holiday on her first trip to Benidorm. I am really happy to hear you will come back and visit us again,

Take care and Thank You

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have just come back from one week's holiday in the Hotel Royal. After reading the reviews before we went, we were thoroughly disappointed with our experience. The food offered was pathetic, particularly the meat choices. Every drink had to be signed for and one senior bartender in particular had an 'attitude'. We went to see the dolphin show one day and when we inquired about the snacks, we had a choice of two - toasted sandwiches or hotdogs! When we asked for anything in the bar we felt it was an inconvenience to be served. The dining room staff were very pleasant and the receptionists helpful, but the hotel, in my opinion does not deserve a four star rating.

Room Tip: If you like to splash about in a swimming pool, this hotel is definitely not for you as it is very d...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank anne718
Good Evening Anne718,

Thank you for feeding back your views of the Hotel RH Royal.

I was most disappointed to read your review, whilst we welcome feedback, good or bad I am sorry you didn’t bother speak to anyone about your issues during your stay.

You no longer have to sign for AI drinks this was changed last week; however as I say we would have welcomed this information whilst you were here to turn a negative into a positive, the same can be said for any issues you had. We don’t have the option now of putting anything right for you, just a negative review that needn’t have been.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

NO KIDS! Bonus. Excellent location as we love visiting the old town. Stayed from 31 May for 6 nights. The whole staff are an absolute pleasure to deal with. The food very varied and you weren't rushed whilst eating. There were people moaning about the entertainment but in Benidorm there's plenty of entertainment everywhere why stick to the hotel every night when it's such a vast City with plenty to do. Carpeted floors were a bonus as I hate other hotels when you can hear the upstairs occupier getting in early doors with heels on. A very spacious room and amble storage. The only thing you need to take is a toothbrush and paste as there were shampoo and gels in dispensers plus complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer. Lovely hotel, very clean and would recommend to everyone with the exception of children under 16. Nice gesture of the hotel for putting present in the room. Thank you RH Hotels we had a great stay and I'm sure we will return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catherine m
Good Evening Catherine from Manchester,

You have made my day! Thanks very much for your review of the "faultless" Hotel RH Royal.

I can see that the hotel ticked all the right boxes for you from location to room facilities and the dining experience.

I am delighted you chose the hotel RH Royal and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My sister and I stayed for four nights from 13th June and we could not fault anything, the hotel is very clean and quiet and staff very polite, I have rated the breakfast average but that is more down to personal taste there is a wide and varied selection of foods but I would have liked fresh fruit chopped up and there were crepes one morning and they would have been nice more often, everything else was excellent, it was a second visit to the Royal for my sister as she was there last year with her family and I certainly would not hesitate to book again if visiting Benidorm as the location for the old town, restaurants and many shops is excellent.

Room Tip: corner room to front of hotel if you want sun on balcony
1 Thank May5656
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Hello May,

Thank you for writing about your recent holiday at the Hotel RH Royal, and your annual summer jaunt.

We are in an excellent location as you mention and I’m very pleased to read that the Hotel was very clean, quiet and our staff very polite.

We do have a varied buffet and try very hard to cater for all tastes, but I have taken your comments on board.

We are waiting to welcome you back on your next summer jaunt!