“Live like a ROYAL” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Live like a ROYAL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have just returned from a 3 week holiday at the Royal Hotel,Benidorm and felt I should give other travellers my impressions of this hotel.
I had read trip advisor reviews prior to booking,most of which gave the hotel excellent marks.I was not disappointed.
Rooms are spacious and very clean.The attitude of the staff very welcoming,always a ready smile.The food was some-thing else with a large variety of meals very well cooked,we even had lamb and MINT SAUCE!!.My only disappointment was that there were no prawns.Champagne was available every morning!!,and there were two Happy Hours each day,12noon to 1pm,and 6pm to 7pm in the evening.
Entertainment was variable,some good some poor.I felt a little sorry for the artistes as they had to compete with a large screen television in the same room,showing soccer games.Consequently a lot of the residents were sitting with their backs to the entertainer.It was also rather noisy.I would suggest that the management have one or the other,not both.There was also a gap between dinner and entertainment which,perhaps could be filled with piped music or line dancing,etc.
My wife and I, to-gether with our two friends, are looking to book this hotel again next year.
Brilliant position.2 minutes to old town,and a 10 minute stroll to the beach

Room Tip: Rooms looking out on to main road have sunshine most of the day.Some noise but nothing to write home...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank skittler248
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
A very good afternoon from a warm & sunny Benidorm skittler248,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel RH Royal for your recent holiday in Benidorm, I was delighted to read that you agree with the positive comments on our hotel and that we didn’t disappoint.

Very pleased that the rooms where to your liking and that you enjoyed the food and appreciated the extras like mint sauce and champagne at breakfast. With regards to the prawns, they are normally on the buffet on Sunday lunch time.

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy some aspects of the entertainment. As I’m sure you can understand it is a challenge to cater for different nationalities and tastes. The television screen is normally swiched on when requested or when there’s an important football game on, we always turn the sound off if we have a show on, but don’t turn it off as some of our guests would rather watch the TV.

I have taken note of your comment on the piped music and will look into this.

I was very happy to read you are thinking of returning, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your comments with fellow travellers.

Hotel RH Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
weston super mare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Returned on 2nd march would like to say it is a good hotel staff all very good very clean,food was quite good most of the time but must say the evening meals were not the best don't no if we would stay at the royal again but that has nothing to do with the hotel

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lindylo
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hello Lindylo,

Thank you for sharing your review of our “Good Hotel” RH Royal with fellow travellers.

I was pleased to hear that you found the staff and cleanliness of the hotel “very good”.

With regards to the evening meals, if there isn’t anything on the buffet that you like we can ask the chefs to prepare something that you might prefer or swap evening meal for lunch if you are on half board.

I was sorry to read you didn’t know if you would return, never the less it would be a pleasure to welcome you back if you did.

EXETER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Well where to start, I think the title says it all, just spent 3 weeks at this lovely hotel, we arrived were booked in with the minimum of fuss, had a lovely room 803 which was spacious had comfortable beds and a lovely sunny balcony - this was at the front of the hotel rooms at the back dont get any sun - Daniel on reception also printed off my return boarding passes this was typical of all the staff at the hotel so helpful and kind, Jesus, on reception also told us about the 4% discount if we book a return visit, but all the reception staff were great, knowledgeable and helpful.Nuno who organises the entertainment was fantastic everyday we saw him he asked us if everything was alright and would have helped us with anything we wanted, and we never went down for any of the evening entertainment!!The bar staff Juan Antonio and Oney and the others were honestly the best bar staff I have ever come across in any hotel anywhere, cheerful and remembered what you wanted to drink, the restaurant staff were the same Rafael, Rosi and all the staff were helpful and efficient, the food was really good,plenty of choice and great variety, this is a small adults only hotel which I cant recommend highly enough, all this and comfortable beds as well, dont hesitate book this hotel you wont be disappointed.Just a final word about Travel Republic who I booked with, somehow the second bag I booked in didnt show on my booking so had to pay extra at Bristol airport , I contacted TR when I reached Benidorm within a week they had sorted the problem and the refund was in my bank, well done Travel Republic quickly and efficiently dealt with.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny room to get a sunny bacony if you ask for a quiet room you will be at the back with...
2 Thank teenyweent
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Buenos días teenyweent!

Thank you so very much for your “FANTASTICO” review of our Hotel RH Royal. I am so pleased everything went smoothly from the check-in and throughout the whole stay.

I always say that the team we have here are our number one asset and I couldn’t be any prouder of each and every one of them, and I will of course pass on all your comments, it will no doubt give them great motivation.

I am really pleased you also enjoyed the “really good” food, the chefs will be delighted.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel. I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and father in law and sister in law stayed in this hotel 2 weeks ago for 4 nights and had such a fantastic time!
Where can we start from the three beautiful rooms on the ninth floor,to the fabulous staff who looked after us.
The food was excellent as was the attentive staff in every department nothing was too much trouble.
Anne thanks for everything and please thank all the staff it would be unfair to signal anyone out.
It was my first visit to the Royal but as you know the Lads sorry Old Men will be returning to the Victoria for our 8th visit in September where we always come to have a drink in the Royal.
Once again Thanks and we will see you soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank phllstph4
A very good afternoon stevealtrincham,

I must start off by thanking you for your “Simply the Best” review of our Hotel RH Royal, after your recent short break.

So glad to hear you had a fantastic time and enjoyed everything about the hotel, it was a pleasure having you stay.

You say it was your first visit, I hope there will be many more to come.

We look forward to welcoming you & the lads to the Victoria in September. Thank you once again for your loyalty towards both hotels.

Kindest Regards

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I are regulars to this hotel I was there with my husband in December and again with my daughter last week. The hotel is quiet and homely, the staff are lovely especially the bar staff, Antonio, Olney, Alfonso and Ricardo, Nuno the entertainer is always happy and smiling. The location of the hotel is fabulous close to the old town and the beach. The rooms are well equiped and very clean. The one thing we do find is breakfast is good but the dinner at night an really be hit and miss with strange menu options, the food itself is OK but just not well planned. This needs to be resolved we thought it may have been improving before Christmas but on our recent visit this is not the case. We noticed the hotel is having more all inclusive guests although for me the food needs to be top notch before I will stay on an all inclusive basis. We currently stay on HB but normally eat out in the evenings.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank leggie
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
A very good morning leggie,

My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your holiday experience of our Hotel RH Royal with fellow travellers. I am really pleased to hear this wasn’t your first visit to the hotel and appreciate your loyalty. I will pass all your comments on to our “lovely” staff, especially the team in the bar and Nuno.

With regard to the food, I have taken note of your comments and will look in to the menu planning; however, this is down to personal taste as you can see from other reviews of the hotel the comments about the food in general are very good.

We do hope to welcome you back for another visit in the future and thank you once again for your feedback.

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just spent 6 nights at our favourite hotel in Benidorm.

Yes. we are biased, but justifiably so, we believe, having had four previous stays.

Rooms/Food/Cleanliness/Staff, all make for an enjoyable stay.

This break was to celebrate my husband's 65th and it turned out to be excellent.

From the moment Numero uno Barman; Alphonse, poured our first G&T's, to the last night St Valentine's Cava, it couldn't be faulted.

As it only has about 90 rooms, the selection of meals at all times is very good, with the quality always at a high level.

Alphonse is well supported in the bar by Juan Antonio, whilst Raphael is almost a fixture in the restaurant.

But, we have to give our biggest thank you to; Rosi, for her excellent rendition of "Happy Birthday", which left Marilyn Monroe's version, sung to JFK, in the shade.

Thanks to the Chefs and reception for the birthday cake & Cava, making the day extremely memorable.

Also, we must mention the great effort made by the animation team, in celebratiin St. Valentine's Day

We are not spring chickens , but we hope to return for another enjoyable stay at this excellent hotel.

It's one of those hotels where; the staff are more of a family than a work-force, this being reflected in the excellent atmosphere that reigns in the Royal.

.Many thanks

Matt & Bett

4 Thank BETTYMATT
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear BETTYMATT,

Thank you so much for your review of our “As Good as ever” Hotel RH Royal.

Your opening line is fabulous, and great to hear we are considered your “favourite hotel in Benidorm”.

I was so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the first G&T to the Valentine’s Day celebrations.

I will of course pass all your comments on to Alfonso, Juan Antonio and Rafael and all the team not forgetting Rosi for her hidden voice LOL. Your comments make us all very proud.

Happy Birthday to your husband, we hope to welcome you back for many more celebrations in the future.

Thank you once again for showing us such loyalty.

Ana Martinez – Manager

warwickshire uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is the best hotel we have stayed in. And certainly the cleanest. All staff are friendly and helpful, and though we choose to eat out in the evening we have lunched at the hotel and found the food excellent, as is breakfast with something for everyone.
Only downside for us is the beds are to hard, but think we have got used to memory foam at home and gone soft ;-)
Big thank you to ALL the staff, and looking forward to seeing you again in April.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beduth
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Greetings from Benidorm beduth,

What an excellent to start the week with your review of our “great” Hotel RH Royal which was really nice to read.

I am so pleased you found the “excellent” food to your taste. I sincerely appreciate your feedback of all our “friendly and helpful” team; I will of course forward all your comments on to them today.

We look forward to welcoming you back in April and thank you once again.

Ana Martinez – Manager