“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
kirkintilloch
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just got back from Royal hotel yesterday after a 5 day trip to celebrate my husband`s birthday. Check in was very smooth room was ready and we had paid for a superior room which was very nice and spotless clean. We had asked for a sunny high balcony and we had a lovely wrap round balcony on the 5th floor. Every member of staff we dealt with were lovely. Food was lovely and on wednesday (my husband`s 60th) after lunch the staff brought out a bottle of champagne and a cake with candles on it iced with Happy 60th Birthday SUSAN when I am not 60 for a few years yet. They got mixed up and we had a good laugh about it. Anyway it was a lovely gesture even though they put a few years on me. Once again thank you all very much for making our holiday very enjoyable and we will certainly be back to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front where you get sun we booked superior but the only difference I could see was s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SUSANCKIRKINTILLOCH
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear SUSANCKIRKINTILLOCH,

My sincere thanks for your review of our “Nice Hotel” Royal.

I was delighted to read that your arrival and first impressions of the hotel were good ones. As always, when we get a room request we can’t guarantee it, but we do always try our very best, as you‘ve seen first-hand.

I’m equally pleased you enjoyed the “lovely” food. And I will pass your review on to our “lovely” staff. I can only apologise for the misunderstanding with the birthday surprise, it was human error, I can see that you saw the funny side. We do try to go the extra mile for our guests, I’m sorry it didn’t go 100% to plan on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another “enjoyable” holiday.

Thank you once again.

Hotel RH Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We loved this hotel, we went full board and we were not disappointed, the food was very good and had a great choice every day. The reception staff were lovely and very helpful. The rooms are clean and we had tea making facilities. The only downside there isn't a lot of soundproofing in the rooms and I think the older residents on either side of us had hearing problems as they screamed at each other and the TV was really loud, every morning we were wakened at 7am. The Location 5 minutes from the old town and when you exit the hotel cross the road there is a path that takes you down to the beach.
Will definitely return

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie W
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
A very good morning Jackie W,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our “Great Hotel” RH Royal after your recent stay.

I was very pleased that you “loved” the hotel, from the “very good” food with “great choice” to the “lovely and very helpful” staff.

As I’m sure you realised the hotel has got carpeted flooring, which stops a lot of sound travelling, I can only apologise if other guests had their TV on loud, had we known at the time we could have kindly asked them to turn it down.

Really pleased you made the most of the hotels location near the old town and both Levante and Poniente Beach.

We hope to see you again soon.

hull
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Got back from the rh royal on the 7th of march after three weeks. check in quick reception staff great, the room however was very small more like a single with a double bed and the balcony over looked very dirty apartments so close if you sat on the balcony you were facing the people that lived there. i went down to reception and they said the hotel was full. but they could move us the next day .they put us in room 209 and it was lovely. I always read reviews so new from previous replys from the hotel to say if there was something I wasn't happy with. the rest of our stay was really good .The staff a credit to this hotel, ISABELL and JESUS on reception fantastic lovely always a smile and a nice word for you. CLAUDIA and RAFAEL in the restaurant so friendly. we would like to thank all the staff from our very hard working cleaners to the bar staff and the kitchen staff and all the staff we never see that make this hotel very special. were back to Benidorm in june and September staying at the Flash hotel and the Presedenti already booked. if we had have none of the Royal we would have come back here. we come every year to Benidorm and have stayed in some nice hotels the Royal is the best we've stayed at .only rh hotels for us now. .

Room Tip: my tip is try to get at the front of the hotel for the sun. we never had a sunny balcony but wished...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HullTravelers
What a great way to end the week HullTravelers,

I am delighted you have taken the time to write your excellent review on our Hotel RH Royal.

Really pleased you told us about your concern as you say this gave us the opportunity to amend the situation, which we will always do if we can.

As I have said many times I am very proud of every member of our team, I will share your review with them today especially Isabelle, Jesus, Claudia and Rafael. it’s great motivation for them. It is a great honour to be considered “the best hotel” you’ve stayed in while on holiday in Benidorm.

Despite the fact the your future holidays are not in our hotel, I do hope you enjoy them to the full and we would be delighted to welcome you back anytime in the future.

Thank you once again.

isle of man
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We really love this hotel everytime we stay.The first time was in April 2010 when the Icelandic volcano first erupted,since this time the hotel has improved even more over the years in our eyes, from the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff to the food and cleanliness. It is a credit to management and staff alike.This time we stayed mid February for a four day break and were not dissapointed.The room we had was 103 and at the front of the hotel over the entrance, but were never once disturbed by traffic noise,plus the rooms are carpeted which makes a difference as so many spanish hotels are tiled floors.
The t.v. has more than enough channels for english guests. I was quite amazed as i very rarely bother watching t.v. on holiday for the reason being the lack of english channels.The bar area is very comfortable and relaxing and the service by all the bar staff was excellent. There are plenty activitys with" Nuno" who was a very pleasant and polite member of staff,but we didn`t bother but will definately try next time from cocktail making to beach walks to name but a few.
The food has improved over the years but maybe there is still a little more could be done regarding choice. I loved the breakfast apart from the sausages i wish they could have been grilled as they seemed to be boiled or steamed but this is my only grumble.
There are a couple of happy hours during the day which is great.I wish the hotel still did it`s afternoon teas llike back when we first came in 2010. The policy of more mature guests is a great idea aswell it`s nice to relax from parenting these days.
The reception staff were so friendly and helpfull to even printing my boarding card for me. There is a gym which i never got to use and also a couple of computers for the internet to use. The wife found the wi-fi a bit hit and miss but no problem as we go out a lot.
We love this hotel so much we`ve booked to come back in July for two weeks,it`s location is great for the old town too which we love.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
A very good morning imol62,

It was really nice to read your review of our Hotel RH Royal after your return visit and that you find it’s improved since 2010, we do strive to maintain and improve constantly, and this just gives us even more motivation, so thank you.

Really pleased you appreciate the little extras like the English TV channels, carpeted floor and the two happy hours we have in our bar area and the fact that it is an adults only hotel.

With regards to the sausages they are oven baked, they are white sausages, this makes them pale in colour, maybe this led you to believe they were boiled or steamed.

We do have English tea available in the bar at any time.

I will pass your review to all the staff, they will be very pleased indeed.

It’s great to read you’ll be returning in July, we look forward to welcoming you back. My sincere thanks once again .

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just returned on the 2nd of March from our 3rd visit to the Royal. Check in was quick for which we were pleased, as our flight had been delayed. First impression of the allocated room (201) was that it was on the small side but when we opened the balcony doors we had a nice sunny aspect which we like. The accommodation was very clean throughout. The public areas of this hotel are contemporary, the hotel was renovated about 4 yrs ago. The restaurant is comfortable and we thought the food was very good, we stayed on full board. We had occasion to interact with several of the staff and all were approachable and helpful. On visiting La Cala and while sightseeing I had a tap on the shoulder which was Antonio, a bar man from the Royal, he just wanted to say hello. We will certainly visit the Royal again, it is well positioned in Benidorm and is like a home from home. Ian and Margaret, Warrington

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hart-Hart
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
A very good morning Hart-Hart,

From the Hotel RH Royal, we send sincere thanks for writing us such a positive review. It’s great to hear this was you third visit, with hopefully many more to come.

Really pleased the room was to your liking and that you enjoyed the “very good” food. I will pass on your comments to all our team, especially to Juan Antonio who is renowned for his walks to La Cala, LOL.

Thank you once again for showing us such loyalty and we do hope to welcome you back soon to your “home from home”

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have just returned from a 3 week holiday at the Royal Hotel,Benidorm and felt I should give other travellers my impressions of this hotel.
I had read trip advisor reviews prior to booking,most of which gave the hotel excellent marks.I was not disappointed.
Rooms are spacious and very clean.The attitude of the staff very welcoming,always a ready smile.The food was some-thing else with a large variety of meals very well cooked,we even had lamb and MINT SAUCE!!.My only disappointment was that there were no prawns.Champagne was available every morning!!,and there were two Happy Hours each day,12noon to 1pm,and 6pm to 7pm in the evening.
Entertainment was variable,some good some poor.I felt a little sorry for the artistes as they had to compete with a large screen television in the same room,showing soccer games.Consequently a lot of the residents were sitting with their backs to the entertainer.It was also rather noisy.I would suggest that the management have one or the other,not both.There was also a gap between dinner and entertainment which,perhaps could be filled with piped music or line dancing,etc.
My wife and I, to-gether with our two friends, are looking to book this hotel again next year.
Brilliant position.2 minutes to old town,and a 10 minute stroll to the beach

Room Tip: Rooms looking out on to main road have sunshine most of the day.Some noise but nothing to write home...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank skittler248
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
A very good afternoon from a warm & sunny Benidorm skittler248,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel RH Royal for your recent holiday in Benidorm, I was delighted to read that you agree with the positive comments on our hotel and that we didn’t disappoint.

Very pleased that the rooms where to your liking and that you enjoyed the food and appreciated the extras like mint sauce and champagne at breakfast. With regards to the prawns, they are normally on the buffet on Sunday lunch time.

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy some aspects of the entertainment. As I’m sure you can understand it is a challenge to cater for different nationalities and tastes. The television screen is normally swiched on when requested or when there’s an important football game on, we always turn the sound off if we have a show on, but don’t turn it off as some of our guests would rather watch the TV.

I have taken note of your comment on the piped music and will look into this.

I was very happy to read you are thinking of returning, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your comments with fellow travellers.

weston super mare
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Returned on 2nd march would like to say it is a good hotel staff all very good very clean,food was quite good most of the time but must say the evening meals were not the best don't no if we would stay at the royal again but that has nothing to do with the hotel

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank lindylo
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hello Lindylo,

Thank you for sharing your review of our “Good Hotel” RH Royal with fellow travellers.

I was pleased to hear that you found the staff and cleanliness of the hotel “very good”.

With regards to the evening meals, if there isn’t anything on the buffet that you like we can ask the chefs to prepare something that you might prefer or swap evening meal for lunch if you are on half board.

I was sorry to read you didn’t know if you would return, never the less it would be a pleasure to welcome you back if you did.