“Great Hotel and Location.”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #6 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Comber, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and Location.”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just back from the RH Royal in Benidorm after having a great weeks holiday.

We arrived at 1430hrs and the receptionist Jesus rushed us through our booking in procedure in order that we could have lunch before the Dining Room closed at 1500 hrs.

We were all inclusive and I have to say that the food was top quality, always hot and a good choice. The only problem I saw on the first day was that the sunbeds were not great and needed renewal. However the next day a man came in and started replacing all the covers. He worked non stop and by the end of our week he had nearly them all done and a great job. Nice cream covers that looked really good.

We had a good room on the third floor which was always kept very clean with new towels every day and the large TV had all the British stations BBC 1, 2 etc ITV 1,2 3 etc plus Sky News.

We also enjoyed all the activities put on my Entertainment Manager Nuno from Mini Golf to Archery, Pool and even Rifle Shooting. Nothing was too much trouble for Nuno and he was always speaking to the guests and trying to assist in making their holiday better. Nuno also organised quizzes when they were no singing acts on. Can't remember all the names of the singers but the girl singer was great and also the guy on Friday night.

I should mention the staff in the Dining Room and Ricardo and his boys in the bar who were all friendly and helpful. Sky Sports also on in the bar when big matches were on, with the sound down when the entertainers were on which suited all football and non football lovers alike. What is there not to like about the RH Royal even the guests were great.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor which was great because we could use the lift or the stairs. Probably wo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Noel S
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Buenos días from a very sunny Benidorm Noel,

I would like to start off by personally thanking you for taking the time to write your review on our “Great Hotel” RH Royal.

Very pleased to read that you had a prompt check-in and had time to have your lunch.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the “top quality food”, the chef will be very pleased with your praise.

I will pass on all your comments to our “friendly and helpful” staff, especially Nuno, they all work very hard and will be very happy with the positive feedback.

By the sounds of things you even made friends with fellow guests, a great way to create memories.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you once again!

Ana Martinez - Manager

Hotel RH Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Comber, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just back from a week’s holiday at the RH Royal with my Dad, As soon as we walked through the door we were met by Jesus (and no we weren't at an activity play.) He was the receptionist, very quick and efficient at checking us in.

We stayed in room 302; it was spotlessly clean, just like the rest of the hotel!

The food was brilliant, plenty to choose from and always roasting, so no need to use the "Dinger." Full marks go to the kitchen staff and all the waitresses and waiters, every one of them was very friendly and couldn't do more for you.

The entertainment during the day was excellent, Nuno the Entertainer couldn't have done more to please everyone. One day we even requested to do rifle shooting which was not on his program and he took us over to Hotel Victoria to do it! He always has a smile on his face and chats to everyone. We give him the nickname Nuno Uno. Bar staff are also excellent too!

All the sunbeds around the pool around have just been recovered so are fantastic and you will find it very easy to have a nap too.

Top hotel and I would like to return :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tommy S
Good Morning Tommy,

What a great start to the week, thank you so very much for taking the time to write your “wee cracker” review of our Hotel RH Royal.

I was delighted to read your check-in was efficient and that you had a good first impression.

I will pass on your comments to all the staff, especially to Jesús, Nuno & our chefs for their “brilliant” food. This will really give them great motivation and it makes me very proud to read these comments about all our team.

We are preparing all the facilities for the summer, as you say the sun beds have now been recovered.

Thank you once again for your comments; it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

northern ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Best hotel ever. I have travelled a lot over the world. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Niuno entertainment guy very good. All the staff are very helpful professional and friendly.
I am staying in this hotel at the moment room 305 celebrating my 60th birthday.
An excellent room even got a sea view.
I booked it after reading reviews so hope mine helps someone else...
Se

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank setrim
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hola setrim,

Thank you so much for taking time out from your holiday to write your review on our Hotel RH Royal.

I was thrilled to read that you find it the “best hotel ever” and greatly appreciate your recommendation to fellow travellers.
I will pass you comments on to our “professional and friendly” staff, especially Nuno.

Thank you sincerely once again. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and congratulations on your 60th Birthday!

Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed at the Royal between March 2nd and March 9th 2014 and the hotel is our preferred choice of hotels in Benidorm.
There were 10 of us all together, 6 staying at the Royal and the others in the Victoria across the road. We booked the holiday to celebrate a 50th birthday.
We checked in on the 2nd and were allocated room 904 ( I think ), with 2 of our friends in the room next door. The room was very small and so was that of our friends, we noticed that the room was set up as a single.............1 cup, 1 towel etc and it was not really suitable for a couple. We complained as previously we had always been satisfied with the rooms but it appears the hotel sells single rooms as doubles when they are near full.
The receptionist said she could do nothing that day but would try to move us asap. We stayed 2 nights in that room and then were moved to a superior room on the 3rd night and we were totally happy with the new room. However, we did spend 2 of our 7 night break in a 'single' room. I would be 'wary' about booking again unless i was guaranteed a normal double room.
My birthday was on the Wednesday and the hotel kindly sent a bottle of sparkling wine to our room that day, it was very much appreciated.
My main complaint was at check out. We had to leave at 8am to go to the airport. We asked if we could use the restaurant for breakfast while we were waiting for our transfer. We were told no, even though all the food was laid out ready for the opening time of 8am. I understand that the staff may not have been ready but as it was self service, I could not see why they wouldn't allow us to use the restaurant, especially as we had paid for breakfast that morning. But I guess rules are rules so no major problem. But.......................i asked if we could have a coffee in the reception area and again was told no. The restaurant has a self service coffee machine so there was no valid reason to say no. I thought the attitude was disgusting and it will certainly make me think twice about booking again, which is disappointing as it is a very good hotel, but to not allow a guest a coffee on day of departure is not on and this has left a bit of a 'sour' taste.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Good morning Mark,

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to write your review of our Hotel RH Royal after you recent stay and I hope the 50th birthday celebration went well.

I was delighted to read that it is your “preferred choice of hotel in Benidorm”.

I was sorry to hear on arrival you were not happy with your room allocation, however I am pleased we were able to offer you a room change to a superior although with the hotel being full you had to wait a few days.

Regarding your check out, I sincerely apologise. Normally when guests leave early, they let us know the day before and we open up the dining room earlier with a choice of continental breakfast. On the morning of your departure reception and the kitchen staff was unaware of your early departure and for this reason breakfast wasn’t provided. I can assure you measures have been taken and I sincerely hope that this will not be repeated.

I can understand your frustration but with your feedback which is very important we have taken the appropriate measures to improve our service.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future to restore your faith in our hotel.

Thank you for your time.

kirkintilloch
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just got back from Royal hotel yesterday after a 5 day trip to celebrate my husband`s birthday. Check in was very smooth room was ready and we had paid for a superior room which was very nice and spotless clean. We had asked for a sunny high balcony and we had a lovely wrap round balcony on the 5th floor. Every member of staff we dealt with were lovely. Food was lovely and on wednesday (my husband`s 60th) after lunch the staff brought out a bottle of champagne and a cake with candles on it iced with Happy 60th Birthday SUSAN when I am not 60 for a few years yet. They got mixed up and we had a good laugh about it. Anyway it was a lovely gesture even though they put a few years on me. Once again thank you all very much for making our holiday very enjoyable and we will certainly be back to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front where you get sun we booked superior but the only difference I could see was s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SUSANCKIRKINTILLOCH
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear SUSANCKIRKINTILLOCH,

My sincere thanks for your review of our “Nice Hotel” Royal.

I was delighted to read that your arrival and first impressions of the hotel were good ones. As always, when we get a room request we can’t guarantee it, but we do always try our very best, as you‘ve seen first-hand.

I’m equally pleased you enjoyed the “lovely” food. And I will pass your review on to our “lovely” staff. I can only apologise for the misunderstanding with the birthday surprise, it was human error, I can see that you saw the funny side. We do try to go the extra mile for our guests, I’m sorry it didn’t go 100% to plan on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another “enjoyable” holiday.

Thank you once again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We loved this hotel, we went full board and we were not disappointed, the food was very good and had a great choice every day. The reception staff were lovely and very helpful. The rooms are clean and we had tea making facilities. The only downside there isn't a lot of soundproofing in the rooms and I think the older residents on either side of us had hearing problems as they screamed at each other and the TV was really loud, every morning we were wakened at 7am. The Location 5 minutes from the old town and when you exit the hotel cross the road there is a path that takes you down to the beach.
Will definitely return

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie W
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
A very good morning Jackie W,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our “Great Hotel” RH Royal after your recent stay.

I was very pleased that you “loved” the hotel, from the “very good” food with “great choice” to the “lovely and very helpful” staff.

As I’m sure you realised the hotel has got carpeted flooring, which stops a lot of sound travelling, I can only apologise if other guests had their TV on loud, had we known at the time we could have kindly asked them to turn it down.

Really pleased you made the most of the hotels location near the old town and both Levante and Poniente Beach.

We hope to see you again soon.

hull
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Got back from the rh royal on the 7th of march after three weeks. check in quick reception staff great, the room however was very small more like a single with a double bed and the balcony over looked very dirty apartments so close if you sat on the balcony you were facing the people that lived there. i went down to reception and they said the hotel was full. but they could move us the next day .they put us in room 209 and it was lovely. I always read reviews so new from previous replys from the hotel to say if there was something I wasn't happy with. the rest of our stay was really good .The staff a credit to this hotel, ISABELL and JESUS on reception fantastic lovely always a smile and a nice word for you. CLAUDIA and RAFAEL in the restaurant so friendly. we would like to thank all the staff from our very hard working cleaners to the bar staff and the kitchen staff and all the staff we never see that make this hotel very special. were back to Benidorm in june and September staying at the Flash hotel and the Presedenti already booked. if we had have none of the Royal we would have come back here. we come every year to Benidorm and have stayed in some nice hotels the Royal is the best we've stayed at .only rh hotels for us now. .

Room Tip: my tip is try to get at the front of the hotel for the sun. we never had a sunny balcony but wished...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HullTravelers
What a great way to end the week HullTravelers,

I am delighted you have taken the time to write your excellent review on our Hotel RH Royal.

Really pleased you told us about your concern as you say this gave us the opportunity to amend the situation, which we will always do if we can.

As I have said many times I am very proud of every member of our team, I will share your review with them today especially Isabelle, Jesus, Claudia and Rafael. it’s great motivation for them. It is a great honour to be considered “the best hotel” you’ve stayed in while on holiday in Benidorm.

Despite the fact the your future holidays are not in our hotel, I do hope you enjoy them to the full and we would be delighted to welcome you back anytime in the future.

Thank you once again.