“great holiday.”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #6 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Have recently returned from a month all inclusive at the Royal hotel. Had a great time and have
nothing but praise for the hotel and its staff. Being a coeliac (gluten free) often has its problems
but Rafael and the girls in the restaurant were so helpful, and the big chef (sorry, I don't know his
name) always made sure I was well catered for. Oney in the lounge bar, so friendly and polite,
could make your day with his lovely smile, and must mention Nuno , full of enthusiasm with his
games and entertainment. We had a nice room at the front of the hotel and kept the sun until
mid afternoon. A bit noisy sometimes but the hotel could not be blamed for that.
Would I recommend this hotel ? I certainly would.
Will I return ? I certainly hope so. My husband hopes so too !!

Room Tip: a room at the front has lots of sun until mid afternoon.
1  Thank sheila d
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your month long stay in our Hotel RH Royal.

I’m very pleased that the dining room staff were able to cater for your needs, I will pass on your comments to all the team, as well as Oney and Nuno, who will no doubt be delighted with the positive feedback.

My sincere thanks for your recommendation and it would be a pleasure to welcome you both back again,

There are newer reviews for Hotel RH Royal

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have visited this hotel on several occasions and in my opinion is one of the best in Benidorm. The staff are always pleasant and extremely helpful. The food is of very good quality and plentiful in the large restaurant. As always our room was spotless and cleaned every day - the free wi-fi is an added bonus for us. The location just a very short walk from the old town and beaches is great. My only adverse comment this time is that the electric consumer unit in our room was very noisy buzzing constantly and disturbing our sleep. We reported the matter on three occasions but it didn't improve. I was surprised the maid did not report it. I resolved the problem myself by removing the key card from the slot when we went to bed - we then had perfect peace. Having said this I will certainly return as we love this hotel and staff.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view but all rooms are quiet with no street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H

My sincere thanks David H for your review on our “high standard” Hotel RH Royal.

It’s really nice to read that you have stayed with us before and consider the hotel as “one of the best in Benidorm”, it makes me very proud.

I will pass your positive feedback to all the team. I have taken note of the buzzing noise and will look in to it, I can only apologise for this disturbance.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and thank you once again.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Returned for what has become an annual visit to this hotel, stayed at another hotel in Feb and confirmed to me just how way ahead it is in terms of friendly staff and overall standard of service. Good food, you can swap lunch for dinner if you like, comfortable rooms complete with tea & coffee tray. Fridge in room that can be used for your own bottles, free wifi in all areas including rooms and found connection good. Don't worry if you are to the front or back of hotel, they are both fine, front best for morning sun, afternoon very sunny and hot on back. Have already booked for next year, Royal, take note :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra W
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

What a great start to the weekend Sandra,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to read your review on our Hotel RH Royal this morning, thank you very much.

So nice to hear that this was a repeat visit and that we’ve maintained the standards of the hotel since your first visit. I will of course pass on all your comments to “friendly staff” and your compliments to the chef for his “good” food. Also nice to hear that you appreciated the little extras like the tea & coffee making facilities and free Wi-fi.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again next year,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just returned from a great weeks holiday in the RH Royal , perfectly located and all facilities excellent, would definitely recommend it. I was a bit apprehensive as I hadn't been in Benidorm since I was a teenager but the standard of this hotel would certainly encourage me to return.,

2  Thank Rosmar0

A very good afternoon Rosmar0,

Sincere thanks for writing your review of our Hotel RH Royal in Benidorm.

I was very happy to read you had a “great week’s holiday”, so much so that you would return. I’m glad you made the most of the hotels facilities as well as its location.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just returned today from this lovely hotel.From the minutd we got there till we left,the staff looked after us.Really clean and the food was plentiful and varied.rooms were a good size and a first for us in a Benidorm,a full compliment of every toiletry needed.hairdryers and tea and coffee included as well.All in all a fab holiday and we will be back.Thanks R H Royal.xx

• Stayed: April 2014
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

What a wonderful start to the weel Dunkysmrs,

On behalf of myself and all the team, our sincere thanks for taking the time to write your review on our “Lovely Hotel” RH Royal.

I’m really pleased our staff made you feel welcome and at home from the moment of arrival to departure. The little extras seem to make a big difference and help us stand out from the crowd!

I will of course send your compliments to the chef for his “plentiful and varied” food.

We are waiting to welcome you back hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed in the royal end of March, having stayed before half board, we had found the food to be very bland. This time though it was lovely, very tasty with loads of choices at breakfast and evening meals.

Rooms very clean, pool area really nice, although it was a little bit cold on couple of days.
We were given room on first floor which was very noisy, loud tvs and loud people in other rooms, we asked to be moved on the third day, and were given a room on the 7th floor,which was very quiet apart from some kind off metal banging in the wind outside our balcony.

Air-con ddid not work so we had to leave windows open at night,glad we did not stay in the summer.
Also there was a really bad sulphur like smell coming from downpipes or something every now and then, it was really bad one evening in the bar.

The wifi was quite bad as well very slow, and kept cutting out.

Apart from that I enjoyed the holiday and the hotel is situated well for the old town 2-3 min walk, with loads of tapas bars and lovely restuarants.

Room Tip: choose something higher up if you want a good nights sleep
1  Thank tubino

Dear tubino,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at our Hotel RH Royal with fellow travellers. I was delighted to read that this was a repeat visit and that you found the food an improvement on your last stay. We are constantly reviewing our service and feedback like this is very important.

I am pleased you were able to move to a room that was more to your liking, as we have had high winds this last month possibly the metal banging you heard was to do with this.

You mention that the air-conditioning didn’t work, I will explain, in the winter months it is set for heating and in the summer for air conditioning. At this time of year the weather is changeable, you say yourself that it was cold on some days during your stay. If we change the system over then there is no heating. I hope you understand that at this stage the temperatures aren’t high enough to switch off the heating and change to air conditioning.

With regards to the smell, on rare occasions as we are close to a deposit, we can get an unpleasant smell, I hope this didn’t last too long, and that the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I have taken note of your Wi-fi comment and will look into it with our technicians as it is only recently that we changed all the receivers.

We do hope to welcome you back again to enjoy another stay at our well located hotel

Ana Martinez- Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just got back from the RH Royal yesterday.The hotel is in an ideal location,only a few minutes walk from the Old Town and also a short stroll down a side street onto the promenade.We requested a front facing room on a high floor which we were allocated when we arrived and had no trouble obtaining a safe(at a cost of 1.50 Euro per day)and our passwords for the wi-fi.
The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable,although it was very warm at night.I asked about the air conditioning,but was told it was not working(probably due to the time of year)so we resorted to sleeping with the door and the window open.This meant it was occasionally very noisy as the hotel is situated on a busy street but we managed to sleep reasonably well,only being wakened early one morning by the bin lorry.
The buffet breakfast was plentiful,with both hot and cold choices and there was always a table available as the staff were constantly clearing them and replenishing the food.
The pool was clean,with plenty of sun loungers and tables and chairs,but unfortunately the weather was not warm enough for us to enjoy relaxing here.
The evening entertainment was not for us,but appeared to be very popular with the older clientele.
All the staff we dealt with were polite,courteous and willing to help with any queries that we had.

3  Thank tobee888
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

A very good morning tobee888,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review just after your return from our Hotel RH Royal.

Great that you made the most of the hotels location, it has the best of both worlds, very near the old town with its tapas bar and various shops as well as being near both Levante and Poniente beaches.

I was sorry to hear you were too warm during your stay, as we are still in winter season our air conditioning for the summer isn’t yet activated; I have taken note of your comments however at this time of year with changeable weather it can still be chilly or cool, just like today!! Heating is also an advertised facility in the winter season.

Very pleased you enjoyed the “plentiful” food and that our staff was on hand to help if needed.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future, hopefully when the weather is a little warmer so you can enjoy a day in the sun relaxing by the pool.

Thank you once again.